• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

"New to me" 1984 K100

DSC_0129.jpg

Just off loaded this 1984 K100 and a 1200RT at Nickwacket on April 25...as it snowed! We purchased the motos in Virginia and transported to VT in a Uhaul. Both motos went straight to our mechanic as the 100 has been garaged for 9 years and the 1200 for 3 years.

Thanks for posting the Talimena Scenic Drive

It runs from Mena, Arkansas (about 70 miles south of Fort Smith) westerly into Oklahoma near Talihina, OK. (Tali-Mena). It is a very scenic drive along the ridge of the beautiful Ouchita Mountains. There is an Arkansas State Park (Queen Wilhelmina SP) partway along the drive with a Lodge and camping. An excellent motorcycling destination- especially spring and fall. Here is the official link to the website with much more detail:

http://www.talimenascenicdrive.com/

:thumb

I've now included it in my route from VT to CA in June. My routing had me running just south of this, saw your post, and just changed my routing. Looks like a nice ride!

Various locations in Northern California..

Crazy motorcycle people, we go to a beautiful spot, but the picture isn't any good unless you can get your bike in it!!

IMG_1895.jpgIMG_1716.jpgIMG_1406.jpg

1986 K100RS with Turbo

Rare one of 20 made
1986 K100RS with a R & B Racing turbo installed.
Serial number 3
In 1986 the Turbo charger kit was $4000+ and 1 1/2 days to install.

Attachments

• IMG_2536.jpg
    IMG_2536.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_2540.jpg
    IMG_2540.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_5545.jpg
    IMG_5545.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 337
b7cfa15687130674af4fed0986c812fb.jpg

She's a city girl and somewhat of a beater but she's mechanically sound and the source of a lot of my happiness! 1995 BMW K1100LT with 88k miles on the odometer.

My Classic K after a total rebuild!

Here's a picture of my first BMW: An '87 K100RS in pearl white with the "Moto-Sport" pin striping. Still have it and ride it. This is in front of Scotties Castle in Death Valley a few years ago.
Steve

K 100 RS.jpg

K75S Maintenance

New rear EBC brake rotor and brake pads for the K75S :clap hate to get that shiny disk all dirty :rolleyes

WP_20160709_17_18_11_Pro.jpg

No argument or discussion on how to read a dipstick as on the airhead site. Although I've heard stories about folks who think they have over filled with clean engine oil and can't see the oil level line. It's always something. Is it overfilled or empty. I guess somewhat used oil is easier to read. :)

No argument or discussion on how to read a dipstick as on the airhead site. Although I've heard stories about folks who think they have over filled with clean engine oil and can't see the oil level line. It's always something. Is it overfilled or empty. I guess somewhat used oil is easier to read. :)

top of circle? middle of circle? how much oil showing when parked on sidestand?

oh yeah, there is plenty of room for quantity discussion..... (and let's not even consider all the "what oil?" options...)

Back