• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a Photo of your K-bike

Still new to me with 29k, but loving every mile with it.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on aquiring a beautiful example of one of BMW's best (I own 5 of them).

Visit the forum for answers to any of your questions about your bike.

:dance:dance:dance

Here's mine -2005 K1200LT

Shot was taken out in front of my place on Lake Pend O'reille at Sandpoint, Idaho.

Attachments

• DSCF0133.jpg
    DSCF0133.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 364
Shot was taken out in front of my place on Lake Pend O'reille at Sandpoint, Idaho.

Nice shot, nice ride...

Hey, do they still have the 50's-60's weekend / car show, etc. in Sandpoint each May ? I stopped there in "98" returning from the w/coast along RT-2. No rooms :banghead so I just hung around awhile, saw what I could....ended up staying in Cour d' Alene .

Beautiful area...just too damn cold...:whistle

My K100RS

So, I decided to change up the color scheme after I dropped it (thanks to a rusted center stand). Found a replacement upper front fairing and a tail fairing for cheap and had them repainted. Not sure if I want to add some reflective tape, or not.

K100RS.jpg

71243: Lost in the 50's

Nice shot, nice ride...

Hey, do they still have the 50's-60's weekend / car show, etc. in Sandpoint each May ? I stopped there in "98" returning from the w/coast along RT-2. No rooms :banghead so I just hung around awhile, saw what I could....ended up staying in Cour d' Alene .

Beautiful area...just too damn cold...:whistle

The lost in the 50's in Sandpoint will be from may 14-17. We do have some great rides around here. Stunning scenery, gotta dress for cool weather, but it gets nice from july thru sept. If ya come back this way, find me in the anonymous book under sagle, Idaho (just outside sandpoint). I think there's only a couple of members listed in sagle. I've offered a spare room to traveling members. Always nice to meet riders/share stories/gawk at bikes.
Bob:brow

Big Red

Nice! How long have you had that bike - and are you the one who had it repainted?

An architect in Calgary had it painted Ford Red. It was originally blue. The price of gas has gone down quite a bit from when this was taken a couple of years ago.
I'm not taking this one to Billings, the 2003 K1200GT instead.

Ice Field Parkway to Jasper

Just imagine a high mountain range, a blue lake and a glacier behind the bike.

Attachments

• 6 June 2014 019.jpg
    6 June 2014 019.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 433
An architect in Calgary had it painted Ford Red. It was originally blue. The price of gas has gone down quite a bit from when this was taken a couple of years ago.
I'm not taking this one to Billings, the 2003 K1200GT instead.

Nice! I had an '88 K100RT as my first K-bike, and have four now: a K75S, K75 standard, K1, and K1200RS. The K12 can be the Devil's own machine if you and it are feeling a bit frisky. :evil

Nice! I had an '88 K100RT as my first K-bike, and have four now: a K75S, K75 standard, K1, and K1200RS. The K12 can be the Devil's own machine if you and it are feeling a bit frisky. :evil

I found exactly that when I rode between Livingston, Idaho and Enterprise, Oregon last summer. Scrubbed the edges of my boots while still on the pegs and wasn't really pushing it. Terrific ice cream at the Boggan's Oasis by the river at the bottom of the canyon, by the way. Being plus 42 C might have had something to do with it.

Dave, that's part of one of our regular day rides from here around Hell's Canyon. The
stretch you referred to is called the Rattlesnake Grade and Boggan's is at the crossing of the Grande Ronde River. My '83 R80ST is particularly fond of that ride. I'm sure that's all old hat to you also Greg.

Dave, that's part of one of our regular day rides from here around Hell's Canyon. The
stretch you referred to is called the Rattlesnake Grade and Boggan's is at the crossing of the Grande Ronde River. My '83 R80ST is particularly fond of that ride. I'm sure that's all old hat to you also Greg.

Yes, a most excellent piece of road with little traffic. :D That whole north-eastern Oregon, western central Idaho, Hells Canyon area is an undiscovered country of fabulous motorcycle riding.

Undiscovered Country

Yes, a most excellent piece of road with little traffic. :D That whole north-eastern Oregon, western central Idaho, Hells Canyon area is an undiscovered country of fabulous motorcycle riding.

And I'm planning on discovering some of it in May. Missoula to Grangeville, then to Elk City and back, Whitebird to McCall. The next day to NF39 and Hell's Canyon Overlook, then Joseph and Walla Walla.
Destination Highways will not have an Oregon map for another year and a half, after they finish southern California. Butler will have an Oregon map completed before the Billings MOA Rally in July.

Dave, if you're in our area before 5/20, track me down. We're in the anonymous book under Pollock, ID. We'll be leaving on 5/20, heading south to the 49'er Rally, if all goes well. Ride easy,
gp

Back