• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a Photo of your K-bike

Flying Brick"

My interesting Antique Pennsylvania "Flying Brick" = 1985 K100RT.
PEACE-
GJBIV
1stSgt, USMC (Ret)

Attachments

• DSCF0810.jpg
    DSCF0810.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 503
Last edited by a moderator:
here's my new to me K1200RS. I wasn't even looking for another bike, but she was soooo pretty!

2012-04-04_17-54-44_845-1.jpg

Let me explain. After a deer hit in '05 I've been running around with no fairing. Last month I bought "S" bodywork from BBY for 3 bills, but it had been rattlecan painted yellow with horrid results. Rather than spend 300 hours trying to get a smooth surface, I ground down the rough spots and came up with the satin finish cameo scheme. It really covers a multitude of sins and I like the look. Since I'm waiting for a new starter I had this week to get it all screwed together. And thanks 98lee for steering me to the new Aeroflow on Ebay.

Attachments

• cam2.jpg
    cam2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 660
Last edited:
1991 k100rs

lightbox

The riding position is low for me. Any good advice on putting higher bars on my bike? I have a riser already. I don't want to give it up but I really need to be more upright.

Attachments

• 1IMG_7114.jpg
    1IMG_7114.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 644
You could try a set of K100 Standard bars - I did that with both my K75S and my K1100RS, made them incredibly comfortable.

I promised a better photo a while back and here it is.

My 1990 K75S - Marakesh Red.

I bought in last August, since then I installed a new clutch, rear main seal and output shaft o-ring.

I just bought the bags from the flea market, and found the Corbin Gunfighter seat locally. I removed the rear footpegs, so it's just me for the time being.

Love this bike.

Attachments

• IMG-20120513-00051.jpg
    IMG-20120513-00051.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 591
2003 k1200gt modern era motobrick + 1996 r s motobrick + unknown year meat grinder

violated 98lees turff now... patterson pass...

035.jpg

033.jpg

037.jpg

j o

Last edited:
1986 K75C in Tallahassee, FL

Here's my 1986 BMW K75T parked in my driveway in Tallahassee, FL.

Attachments

• 1986 BMW K75C.jpg
    1986 BMW K75C.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
That would be a T model. The C had a tiny windshield on a sort of square headlight cowl.
Just picking nits...

T versus C

Thanks. I've been trying to sort out just what model it was and even folks who've been around BMWs for years couldn't be that specific. I'll start referring to it as a T since you've helped me with my problem.

Here's my 1986 BMW K75T parked in my driveway in Tallahassee, FL.

I allways liked the K75T, I'm in the process of converting my '87 K100RT into a T. Tired of the fairing. I got the windshield, spotlamps, and part of the headlight bucket assembly. Just need the other half of the headlight assembly and the radiator shroud, then do the deal.

Here is a shot of my 93 "C" model parked just below the famous (to North Carolinian's) Linn Cove Viaduct on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Stopped to do some photography, and thought "what a fine looking red triple brick," so got a few shots of it and the mountains. I love living up here in the Blue Ridge mountains, even more so now that I bought my 2nd K-75. I know the K-75 is "an acquired taste" for lots of guys who love motorcycles, but man, once you get in that zen place, or whatever you call that spot where man & machine "somehow" merge,
( I know its cliche, but I swear it happens) there just isn't a motorcycle anywhere that so effortlessly rewards each input with such sweet and linear feedback. The weight, sound, and the sooo-smooth throttle response and ride handling just "all come together."

Just a reminder, the Dan' Boone BMW rally happens August 10th-12th right here in Boone, NC. at the KOA campground right on Hwy 194. I've got a bedroom or two in my home I might could rent for that week-end if you don't want to camp, as I'm only 3 miles farther out from the KOA campground ( 5 mins ) on Hwy 194 in Boone, NC. Let me know by return message and we'll discuss....Stephen Hill

Attachments

• CRW_9801 copy.jpg
    CRW_9801 copy.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 455
Back