• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

my new1989 k-100rs

only 22000 miles, hasnt been used in 6 years, I bought it for 400.00. was going to part it to keep my "86" rt going forever. but who knows maybe my 86 will be parts for the "89"

Attachments

• 1989 K-100RS 001.jpg
    1989 K-100RS 001.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 618
'95 1100rs

Lovin every minute I spend on it!

Other than Ohlin rear shock, what updates have made the most difference you? Does anyone have a good source for a gadget shelf for iphone and gps?

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 587
K100

:laugh:laugh:laugh mine doesn't look near as nice as the rest posted! Saved this from the scrap melt down pile a guy was headed to for some crazy reason. Needs a "little" work:whistle

Attachments

• K 100.jpg
    K 100.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 532

:laugh:laugh:laugh mine doesn't look near as nice as the rest posted! Saved this from the scrap melt down pile a guy was headed to for some crazy reason. Needs a "little" work:whistle
funny, seems like half the K100's I see posted are 85's. They either sold of helluva lot of em or they're lots of survivors.

My 1987 K75T purchased new - currently 48K and I still enjoy the ride.

IMG_0307_7_1.jpg

Feb063.jpg

Last edited:
'91 k75s

Here's my K75S I bought when I came back from Desert Storm; I was a thirty year old sergeant. I turn fifty this year, and here's my K75 at the tender age of twenty in front of an old German hunting lodge (Jagdschloss). We live happily ever after together here.

Attachments

• K7520yrs.jpg
    K7520yrs.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 669
SWEET!!!

Nice that you opted for the fastest color!

Great background.
I guess they didn't want you to scratch their entry way (plywood under centerstand).

:dance:dance:dance

K75s

Here's my K75S I bought when I came back from Desert Storm; I was a thirty year old sergeant. I turn fifty this year, and here's my K75 at the tender age of twenty in front of an old German hunting lodge (Jagdschloss). We live happily ever after together here.

Can I rent your bike when I come over to Germany later this year? :german:german

The old bike in front of the old house

Hey K75s, I'll let you ride it, for free...when you see how much gas costs over here, you'll need the extra cash!

Lotsa' great sweepers and forest roads in this area of the Rheinland-Pfalz, tailor made for an old K75S! I thought Bavaria was great 'till I moved up here!

I do like to put down a peice of wood on that front stoop although it's not original to the house, the house itself is about one hundred years old and called Villa Waldheim; it was a hunting lodge in times past, and still is in a limited way since I can walk to my nearest Hochsitz. Here's a bigger view of it...the "back" of the house is even better and actually looks like the front of the house! It's tucked way up a hill on the edge of the forest, and the owner has even given me hunting rights (which means I get to hunt for free, a real rarity in Germany) to the land he also owns which is about 500 hectare. We rent the house, and I'd love to buy it, but the land goes hand in hand with it, and 6 million euro is a little steep for my pockets, or I'd have a garage full of K75s, K100s, 1100s, 1200s, etc etc!!!

Attachments

• K75 at the Villa.jpg
    K75 at the Villa.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 653
And after a long winter, some new bolt-ons

2011 Updated: Rear handles, side bags, tires, headlamp wiring...

Attachments

• IMG00218-20110406-1609.jpg
    IMG00218-20110406-1609.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 616
Wilbers Front Fork Springs?

I never knew. I have the same Wilber's rear shock as you. Think I will be placing an order shortly. Thanks for sharing this. :D

No problem at all. The Wilbers fork springs are a nice match the Wilbers rear. Wilbers recommend using 15wt fork oil with their springs, however I chose to use either 10wt or 12.5 wt instead (I can't remember). The roads up here in New England are not the smoothest, which was why I decided against the heavy oil. The only other thing I can think of adding in the future are the Race Tech fork emulators.

Back