• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

My New (to me) 200 K1200LT

My K1200Lt in my garage, before all the additions (GARMIN, XM, Shelf).. Very nice bike..smooth riding.

Gary D.. Mo

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 899
My new (1 month old), K1200S. Just starting to personalize it.

Attachments

• DSCN3607-1.jpg
    DSCN3607-1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 915
Koch's K

I bought this '91 K75S brand new when I came back from Desert Storm in June '91. I just retired last May and still have the same old bike (two old warhorses in the same house, you can only pity my wife). I finally put on a Staintune pipe after all these years, just in time for an upper Bavarian (Oberpfalz) winter. I've thought a few times about a new bike or a trade, but can't bear the thought of parting with this one!:usa

Attachments

• k75smitstaintune.jpg
    k75smitstaintune.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 883
Hang onto that one!

Super snazzy S you got there, rkoch. That red is downright inspiring (thinking about changing my K's color scheme)---prost!:german

Thanks, Jeff. I saw Todd's blue K75 earlier and could make a recommendation, or at least a humble opinion on that suspension upgrade. I've heard great things about Works and Nivomats, and am sure they're good options. This summer I put Progressive fork springs and rear shock on and can definately give a thumbs up on Progressive as an option. The handling improved so much that it gave me quite a bit more confidence on the numerous sweepers in my locale. I've also seen different opines on fork oil, I went with 7, seems to be fine and not so stiff as some comments as I've seen. I saw some talk about painful belly pan removal/replacement on another thread, was that you Jeff?

Raleigh
Hemau, Bayern, Deutschland

Thanks, Jeff. I saw Todd's blue K75 earlier and could make a recommendation, or at least a humble opinion on that suspension upgrade. I've heard great things about Works and Nivomats, and am sure they're good options. This summer I put Progressive fork springs and rear shock on and can definately give a thumbs up on Progressive as an option. The handling improved so much that it gave me quite a bit more confidence on the numerous sweepers in my locale. I've also seen different opines on fork oil, I went with 7, seems to be fine and not so stiff as some comments as I've seen. I saw some talk about painful belly pan removal/replacement on another thread, was that you Jeff?

Raleigh

I'm glad to hear that you like the Progressive suspension changes. I'm looking into something, ANYTHING that will remove the uncertainty of the stock stuff. Also can't wait to get my K75S belly pan repainted for that slick look. Once I can save up even more money I have a K75C front fairing waiting to get painted!

Raleigh

Yes, Raleigh, that was my post on the belly pan removal pain. I plan to leave my pan off after the next oil change and use it for some painting tests (when I get around to repainting my S). I am always impressed every time I look at your Marrakesh Red* S (*or is it another red?), reminiscent of my beloved metallic red K100RS FYK I had back in the '80s.

For Todd; I have the Works shock on mine and seems up to snuff. I hear that anything other than stock suspension on the K75 will net you significant improvement.

I plan to post a photo or two of my 'new' yellow K soon; I keep going outside and detailing it every day I can...:bikes

Aufwedersehen guys, (PS I work in a German restaurant in Hawaii, is that crazy or what?:D )

My 03 K1200RS

Here it is, at the midpoint of my 3000 mile vacation, attached photo
Mark

Attachments

• Mark's Tampa Trip 004.JPG
    Mark's Tampa Trip 004.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 1,223
Her she is after a fresh coat of paint

3069141415_2635678118_b.jpg

Beautiful paint job!

Beautiful bike, paint job and scenery.

Looks like the road to Stinson Beach or Muir Woods.

If I may, I'd like to ask you a bunch of questions when I get closer to painting my bike sometime in the coming year---I'll keep you in mind, OK?

In the meantime, I'll try to post a photo of my K75 soon---just installing some farkles and will do so once it's all back together.

Hasta pronto and enjoy those Marin County twisties.

Beautiful bike, paint job and scenery.

Looks like the road to Stinson Beach or Muir Woods.

If I may, I'd like to ask you a bunch of questions when I get closer to painting my bike sometime in the coming year---I'll keep you in mind, OK?

In the meantime, I'll try to post a photo of my K75 soon---just installing some farkles and will do so once it's all back together.

Hasta pronto and enjoy those Marin County twisties.

Sure thing you can keep me in mind. I hope to be of some service when I hear from you.

As far as the location of the photo you were so close. It was actually taken on Stage road between San Gregorio and Pescadero. Great road!
Ciao!

Hmmm...

The Bald Knob Cross in the background in God's country Southern Illinois.

About time I posted a few shots of Chiquita...

Purchased in Ellijay, GA on September 30th and ridden cross country over the following ten days. Shipped it the rest of the way home to Hawaii from Oakland, arriving in a big metal crate two weeks later.
My 2nd classic K-bike and 5th Beemer since'71; this one is definitely a keeper for me:groovy

Took these one afternoon at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (and one during my ride near San Angelo, TX)

GSPDpartsGUIDOCHIQUITAAUXLITESHa-2.jpg

WestTX204.jpg

GSPDpartsGUIDOCHIQUITAAUXLITESHa-4.jpg

GSPDpartsGUIDOCHIQUITAAUXLITESHa-3.jpg

Back