• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

A number of people have spent a fortune getting that '87 K75S into its present fine condition. My goal is to keep it nice. And yes, in a former life it was known as THE K75S (Hi Don!).

Does that mean you get to ride it? Or only rub it with a diaper?
Harold was the perfect person to take over the care and feeding (polishing actually) of THE K75S. I finally found polishing those rims to be a chore, Harold looks forward to a spot of dust on them so he can happily disassemble the entire bike and polish them again. In order to get the spot of dust on them, he does ride the bike, which is also a good thing. :wow

Hi Viz Machine

This is my 1985 Hi Viz Machine. I rescued it from 4 years under a tarp in a backyard to what it's become.... THE HI VIZ MACHINE. Match that with the fact that I ride in a Hi Viz Helmet and Jacket, no one has yet to pull in front of me!

Attachments

• 2010-06-13 22.10.31_2.jpg
    2010-06-13 22.10.31_2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 473
Hi Viz Machine Plates

Beings that I put all of that time, energy, effort, and money into my Hi Viz Machine.... the bike deserved Vanity Tags!

Match the color with the 3M Solas tape... nobody will be creeping up on me!

Attachments

• K100 Solas_2.jpg
    K100 Solas_2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 476
'95 k75rta

I really enjoy my 1995 K75RTA. I've owned a lot of other and larger bikes, but the K75 is just a pleasure to ride..... I just had the bag lids painted and love how they turned out. Here's a couple of pics.

Attachments

• PC280004.jpg
    PC280004.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 679
Here is another pic.....

Attachments

• PC280005.jpg
    PC280005.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 683
What everyone has been helping me with...

1995 K75 with ABS, no alarm. This is the POs pitcure... amazingly I am surprised to learn that I haven't taken a picture yet. The only remaining issue to be resolved is the seat lock. But this has become the main scoot. The K12S is now for sale.

1995 K75.jpg

I really enjoy my 1995 K75RTA. I've owned a lot of other and larger bikes, but the K75 is just a pleasure to ride..... I just had the bag lids painted and love how they turned out. Here's a couple of pics.

A very nice looking bike. What does the A stand for in K75RTA?

bikerfish1100..... Quote: "in all model beemers, A = ABS."
..................................................................................................................................

Yep ! I also have a 2005 F650GSA, which the "A" is also for ABS.
I'm not sure why some BMW's with ABS have the "A" in the modle designation
and some don't, but both of these bikes have the "A" listed on the modle
designation. I had a 1999 R1100RT and a 2002 R1150RT, both with ABS, but the "A" wasn't on either of those bikes.

bikerfish1100..... Quote: "in all model beemers, A = ABS."
..................................................................................................................................

Yep ! I also have a 2005 F650GSA, which the "A" is also for ABS.
I'm not sure why some BMW's with ABS have the "A" in the modle designation
and some don't, but both of these bikes have the "A" listed on the modle
designation. I had a 1999 R1100RT and a 2002 R1150RT, both with ABS, but the "A" wasn't on either of those bikes.

suspect its due to the fact that ALL R11XXRTs came with ABS, so using an additional letter to desgnate it as such would be redundant and superfluous.

Here's my '85 K100 (with friend) in the Kootenay Region of British Columbia this fall. My first bike, wow did I luck out! :rofl

Attachments

• IMG_2216.jpg
    IMG_2216.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 549
Back