• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

K75 with HID Projector Fog Light...

1995 Model.

Attachments

• Video Snapshot 6-1.jpg
    Video Snapshot 6-1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,056
Now I need to finish HID Headlight.

:dance

Attachments

• Video Snapshot 5-1.jpg
    Video Snapshot 5-1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,357
I've just recently realized a long-time dream of riding a motorcycle... how's this for a first bike? (thanks to my brother-in-law)... a rare yellow '94 K75S...

Attachments

• yellow-94-k75s.jpg
    yellow-94-k75s.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 19,393
Here is my K75 in the Ozarks last spring on the way home from the Branson Blitz.

21343021-M.jpg

Hello. My name is Temple, and I saw your bike on the forum, and I have a question. Did you have the luggage covers painted to match your bike? Do they have the rough , texture surface or are smooth. I have the rough surface and I've wondered how they would look painted.
Anyway, nice bike. Thanks. :bikes

Slick Finish Bags

Hello. My name is Temple, and I saw your bike on the forum, and I have a question. Did you have the luggage covers painted to match your bike? Do they have the rough , texture surface or are smooth. I have the rough surface and I've wondered how they would look painted.
Anyway, nice bike. Thanks. :bikes

I have refinished a set of grained bags on my K100LT. A body man gave me the instructions.

1. I went over the bags with a 3M scratch pad ( auto body quality)
2. I did not sand with sand paper.
3. 2 or 3 coats of gray primer to level the surface.
4. Lightly spray with black spray can primer then block sand (320 grit) the black off. This will level the primer.
5. Lightly sand with 600 grit to smooth
6. 2 or 3 coats of urethane color
7. 2 coats of urethane clear.
8. Buff with 1000-1500 rpm foam pad buffer and polishing compound (finer than the Turtle Wax white in the can). I used Mequairs.

The bags rivaled those on a new BMW.

Got to do it again, I dropped the bike in a parking lot. Thought the side stand was down.

Ralph Sims

Back to the Beemer family...

After being away from Beemers for almost 2 years, picked up a low mileage, very well maintained 1987 K100RS for a great price. Fellow I know bought a new RT and couldn't stand the trade-in offer he was given by the dealer, sold it to me..

First K Bike, brought it home Saturday and still can't get over how smooth it gets the faster you go..

Dale

Attachments

• K100RS.jpg
    K100RS.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,182
Post a Photo of your K-Bike

I just got mine.. A 1993 K75s that I obtained from a friend of my fathers in Connecticut. It has 6500 miles on it... Wow! what a beautiful machine. It has been my dream bike since I started riding in 1989.. I got the chance to ride a k75s in 89 and fell in love with it but could not afford one. Then I gave up riding for a bit (had kids) and now after 14 years, my daughter who is 14 and can now ride, now its time for me to get back into it.

Well to make a long story short, the man I bought it from bought me my first 2 wheel bicycle when I was just a girl. He had this in the garage. He turned 78 years old and was the 2nd owner, offered it to me. I jumped at the chance to have it.
His wife said he couldn't ride anything that "big" anymore.
:D :bikes :heart

Shes a beauty..
Jess in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
93 K75S

Attachments

• IMGP0506.JPG
    IMGP0506.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,163
My '88 K75S

Here's mine! Bought it new in December 1988 at Lone Star Cyclemotive in Austin, TX, while I was in the Navy. Only 19,820 miles so far :nono . It's for sale on eBay to make room for my R1200R.

Attachments

• bmw sale pix 001 (4).jpg
    bmw sale pix 001 (4).jpg
    109 KB · Views: 3,495
Lake hope ride this past weekend

Did a ride to, around the area, and back from Lake Hope State Park Sunday roughly 300 miles. Not real scenic getting there or back; however, it is beautiful around lake Hope and the Hocking Hills area of Ohio.

Attachments

• Lake Hope Ride 14444.JPG
    Lake Hope Ride 14444.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 1,148
Green Bungee

Looks like the green bungee cord is a popular choice.....

I'm fairly new to BMW motorcycles, but not the cars; I have a Z3 that I autocross with BMWCCA. I bought my first bike, a 1985 K100RT in March to become more familiar with riding and to have a small restoration project. And yesterday, I bought a 2001 K1200RS. Despite both being K's, they couldn't be more different. Here are some pics:
Cnv0427.jpg

Cnv0460.jpg

Back