• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

Here is my 2004 K1200LT

Rosie.jpg

This is my K. It started out as a 90 K100LT, turned into a K100 Standard after the guy that I sold it to crashed it and I bought it back, then just for fun it later got a K1200RS engine and fuel injection.

Attachments

• k12 010.jpg
    k12 010.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 963
This is my K. It started out as a 90 K100LT, turned into a K100 Standard after the guy that I sold it to crashed it and I bought it back, then just for fun it later got a K1200RS engine and fuel injection.

Nice job. How much was involved in that conversion.

PFLS,
I'd love to see more photos and information about that conversion process! Great bike.

I did an article for the owners news magazine, but they have yet to print it. If you want, I can send it to you as an attachment to a PM.

Thx, I'll wait to get it in the news. It's a very tidy presentation. I've got a '87 RT I'd like convert to a plain K100. U don't have a line on a K100 headlight assemble and Radiator grill cover by chance.

I watched ebay for the headlight. Since K75's used it too, they are not too hard to find. The radiator bodywork is more difficult to find, but I have seen it on ebay also. I ordered new parts.

Picked up my 94 K75/2 about 4 months ago but just join BMWMOA. I have since added a K75C front fairing, and the K75S belly pan should be here on Monday. When I got it it had 9700miles on it!!!

DSC03890.jpg

DSC03893.jpg

DSC03888.jpg

Ditto

Ditto on Gail's compliment, Todd. Silk Blue is a great color for K75s, too.

Mind me asking what'd you have to pay for such a pristine low-mileage example? (I just paid a hefty $5k for my 75S with lots of options and 18k miles so am kinda curious---but I do believe I got my money's worth---what a great bike!)

Have fun breaking it in!:german

Ditto on Gail's compliment, Todd. Silk Blue is a great color for K75s, too.

Mind me asking what'd you have to pay for such a pristine low-mileage example? (I just paid a hefty $5k for my 75S with lots of options and 18k miles so am kinda curious---but I do believe I got my money's worth---what a great bike!)

Have fun breaking it in!:german

Paid $3500 for it and that included brand new tires. He also gave me an oil filter, air filter, and Cylmers manual. I live about 2 miles from Bob's BMW so I took it there and asked them about it. They said they would have charged at least $5500.

It's in great condition but a no frill version. The only option (if it was an option) that it had was a 4-way flasher. There's no ABS but I was told that that could be a good thing since I won't have any ABS issues.

Wow, you got a great deal, Todd. You could always add a beefier suspension like the S has and a few other options and you'd still be ahead of the game.

Mine has working ABS and I hope it doesn't crap out on me like so many do...

Anyway, congratulations on your excellent score. Reminds me, I'll have to post a picture of my K here soon---(was busy changing the oil/filter today and having a hard time getting the belly pan back on).

Wow, you got a great deal, Todd. You could always add a beefier suspension like the S has and a few other options and you'd still be ahead of the game.

Mine has working ABS and I hope it doesn't crap out on me like so many do...

Anyway, congratulations on your excellent score. Reminds me, I'll have to post a picture of my K here soon---(was busy changing the oil/filter today and having a hard time getting the belly pan back on).

Thanks, i'm very happy with the deal I got. Suspension is on my list. I'm looking to go with Works front and rear parts.

my (new) '88 k75c

Attachments

• 2310081437.jpg
    2310081437.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 848
1. The gorgeous woman is my 16 yr. old daughter and
2. No the gremlin was not part of the deal, it's my neighbor's...

Back