• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

this is my 85 k100. it has a pichler fairing but i have to do some bondo work on the left pannel. also johnes335, you have a beautifull bike, if you could tell me anything about where i could find some metric screws to put the side panells back on that would be great. i have the exact same fairing as you and its cool to see what it would look like all together. i also have two pannels that look like they connect around the footbeg area, and the raceing seat and two back pannels. basiacly the entire bike is covered when its all put back together but i havent decided wether or not to put it all on..

Attachments

• I3010004.JPG
    I3010004.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 1,236
Hi; this is my '93 K75.

FOTO07.jpg

Vssssssssssss from Spain.

my k

this one is about to take me the the national from Bellingham Washington to Wisconsin

Attachments

• k bike.JPG
    k bike.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 1,154
fairing

Nice work on that k75 fairing conversion Dr. Evil,

I would like to add a fairing to my naked 95' K75. Any suggestions as to where to start and what would be the best from a fitment standpoint.

I love Oregon,

Hilda

New BMW Owner

I traded in my 05 Yamaha Warrior for an 07 K1200GT at Gina's BMW Iowa City, IA. I love this motorcycle!

Attachments

• DSC02178.JPG
    DSC02178.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 1,512
Last edited:
87 K75S I bought brand new from Mischlers HD/BMW in Beaver Dam WI.
I had a bit of engine work done, mainly the "Big Valve" kit that CC Product did "back in the day". I think that's actually San Jose BMW?? That also included some different injectors and some porting work. The air box has been removed too, and has a Lufty slip-on pipe.

As pictured, the bike has the stock seat, I think alot of the Colombia Silver 87 S's had that solo seat from the factory. I also had to buy rear pegs for the bike when new (which I relocated higher over 10 years ago for my wife), it had the stock side plates, but since it had the solo seat, it had no rear pegs. The other interesting thing is because of the solo seat, it had no rear grab handles, it had a block-off plug where the upper part of the handle would attach, and a small press-in plug for the lower attachment point. When the bike was a few years old, I decided I didn't like the block-off plugs and had the handle area smoothed over by Holt Design.

I've gone through a few different seats, but have kept the stock solo seat. Presently I have a Corbin Dual Canyon on it with a backrest for my wife.

There are a few other changes made through the years, some I can think of are gauges on the fairing for oil pressure and water temp, gaiters, and wider set BMW mirrors which work way better than the stock ones. But for me, the bike has been a good fit for me for 20 yrs, it still has the original stock shock, handlebars, brake hoses (I know, they are old), and the windshield, although I have had to replace that a few times, what with over 90,000 miles on it.

Gilly

Attachments

• 000_1092_sized.jpg
    000_1092_sized.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,394
Something Different

I am redoing my red 1985 K100. I think I am the only K100 in Savannah GA. At the poker run this weekend everybody just stared at it. Then all the Harley Lemmings road off the cliff together. I only have 92K on my K.

Murf;)DSC04347.JPG

Last edited:
07k12gt

Those K Bikes are awesome, great pics guys & gals!

Three weeks old tomorrow and I've put 980 miles on her just putting around. I can't wait to take her on a long trip to the mountains or the sea and get some better pics!

http://5nolans.org/images/DSC02175.JPG

Last edited:
Red Sonja

My '90 K75S just turned 90K miles this week and runs like new. She's pretty much stock, though I have installed Ford injectors, homebrew headlight relay assembly, Euro spec light switch, running lights and dual auto horns.

Since this photo was taken a few weeks ago I've stripped off the side and rear luggage racks to clean up the lines a bit and replaced the clunky rear fender/mudguard with a nicely machined aftermarket license plate holder from San Jose BMW. I'm very tempted to get a Corbin Gunfighter solo seat to complete the streamlined tail section.

Mechanically the bike's in great shape since she's always been maintained well with on-time fluid changes and clutch and rear spline lubes. The oil/water pump has been rebuilt, all seals (except crankshaft) replaced and the clutch renewed, but that's about it for major work. I'm now replacing fuel lines and plan to renew cables this winter.

Cosmetically, the bike is very nice. I did have the belly pan repaired and repainted this year after 17 years of taking a beating. I might repaint the rest of the bodywork in the next year or two just to make her look like brand new, but the original coat's still shiny and bright. I would like to replace the hardware with stainless items someday.

Though newer Beemers call to me, my affection for this bike (and economic realities) keep me riding my veteran red companion. It's a very nice ride, indeed.

Attachments

• BGweb.jpg
    BGweb.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,312
See Hilda Naked!

The Teutonic Enchantress.... Hilda, turned 40k this weekend.

Attachments

• naked_hilda_k75_04_small.jpg
    naked_hilda_k75_04_small.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,382
1987 K75s

So this my very first bike and I am loving this motorcycle. 61k miles on the clock. I have less than 1000 miles under my belt. The bikes seems to fit me will, but I do find that my arms get a bit tired on my rides. I am thinking of changing the "S" handlebars to the "C" bars.

Attachments

• k75s.jpg
    k75s.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 1,221
So this my very first bike and I am loving this motorcycle. 61k miles on the clock. I have less than 1000 miles under my belt. The bikes seems to fit me will, but I do find that my arms get a bit tired on my rides. I am thinking of changing the "S" handlebars to the "C" bars.

Give the bars a few more thousand miles,you'll get used to the ridding position.

Riding The Dragon - May, 2007. :lol
Photo taken by Killboy.com

Attachments

• Riding The Dragon #2.jpg
    Riding The Dragon #2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,179
K1200RS w monogo trailer

Attachments

• whole-sha-bang.jpg
    whole-sha-bang.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,132
Back