• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a Photo of your K-bike

IMG_0523.jpg

Here's my '94 K75S a couple of days after buying it in Roanoke, VA this July. The picture was taken during my detour to the Tail of Dragon before heading home to Nova Scotia via the gorgeous Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive.
C0601474i.jpg

Yellow K75S

Here's my '94 K75S a couple of days after buying it in Roanoke, VA this July. The picture was taken during my detour to the Tail of Dragon before heading home to Nova Scotia via the gorgeous Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive.

That's a nice looking K-bike. Yellow and black color scheme looks good on the K75S. :groovy :thumb

What kind of seat is that? Doesn't look stock, but difficult to tell from the angle of the photo.

Fun ride back up to N.S., I'll bet. :lurk

-MTS

That seat is called the Solo Seat and it sits lower than the stock ones for those of us vertically challenged....not as low as a 'low' seat but very close and without having to chop the under-seat tool box out and remove the side panels! Like a lot of BMW stock seats it's not overly comfy :rofl but a sheepskin pad and/or bicycle shorts help.
That July trip back was so great I had to do it again ..... just got back on Friday from a 4700 mile trip to MO, KY, TN, VA etc, etc. The fall colors were awesome and so was the trip even if the weather didn't really cooperate much!

My K Bikes

Here are my K bikes. I bought the '94 LT last summer out of Florida with 23K on it and rode it home 1300 miles. It now has over 36K on it. I just bought the '96 RS about 3 weeks ago with only 25K. What can I say, I am hooked.:bikes
IM000834.jpg

My K Bike

Unfortunately just sold it :cry (to make room for a new one!:clap:burnout

Attachments

• 2002 K12RS - Photo.jpg
    2002 K12RS - Photo.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 718
My (4th) K-Bike

My current K-bike, a 2001 K1200RS
3.jpg

And it's stable-mate, my 2000 Guzzi V11
v11.jpg

To be honest, neither of them stand up to my old K75 - I wish I still had her!
92K75S.jpg

That my friend is a K75T circa 1986 not just a K75.
The T model has never gotten it's due imho. I've owned 3 (still have 2)

You didn't, by any chance, sell the other one to a guy with wings tattooed on his head, did you?

Nope

No, sadly I wadded the first one up with 90+ K on the clock. Completely my fault ( young dumb and invincible) 45 mph decreasing radius curve at 80 mph with a worn rear tire and a shock that needed to be replaced. Long story. The Instrument cluster and license plate along with the custom painted side cover now live in a shadow box to remind me how quickly things can go bad.

The RTP Twins

A year or so ago I bought a '95 K75RTP from Engle Motors in Kansas City, which had come from the Lawrence, Kansas police department. This week, Phil Marvin rode over from El Paso on his K75RTP which he bought from a gentleman in Missouri who said it had come from a department somewhere in Kansas.

Wondering ... I asked Phil what his VIN was. He went out and looked. Well, they are close kin with adjacent serial numbers - last 7: 6229744 and 6229745.

Phil has the "old" bike, built one earlier than mine. Mine is on the left; Phil's is on the right. Both had mileage in the low teens when we got them.

NOTE: I think Lawrence had 3 or 4 of these. If you have one of the other one or two I'd like to know.

Attachments

• Twins.jpg
    Twins.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 898
Are the saddlebags stock to the RTP? Anything different inside the bags, such as dividers or clips?
Which rear compartment is stock, I am guessing the other guys (mainly looking at the black platform on the top of yours, also what about the mulitple colored reflectors (or lights?) on the back of yours. Just curious if the differences were after the PD sold them or not.
Gilly

If there happened to be any other motorists coming along that road in the background I bet they sure hit the brakes when they saw that pair of bikes parked off to the side like that...:rofl

Nice bikes!

A year or so ago I bought a '95 K75RTP from Engle Motors in Kansas City, which had come from the Lawrence, Kansas police department. This week, Phil Marvin rode over from El Paso on his K75RTP which he bought from a gentleman in Missouri who said it had come from a department somewhere in Kansas.

Wondering ... I asked Phil what his VIN was. He went out and looked. Well, they are close kin with adjacent serial numbers - last 7: 6229744 and 6229745.

Phil has the "old" bike, built one earlier than mine. Mine is on the left; Phil's is on the right. Both had mileage in the low teens when we got them.

NOTE: I think Lawrence had 3 or 4 of these. If you have one of the other one or two I'd like to know.
That's awesome:thumb

Are the saddlebags stock to the RTP? Anything different inside the bags, such as dividers or clips?
Which rear compartment is stock, I am guessing the other guys (mainly looking at the black platform on the top of yours, also what about the mulitple colored reflectors (or lights?) on the back of yours. Just curious if the differences were after the PD sold them or not.
Gilly

I think in RTP use they have City Bags. Engles put new full size bags on mine and I think the same happened with Phil's. I put the flat plate across the box on mine to carry camping gear. And, I added the array of reflectors too.

I can't explain the other differences: black trunk lid and mirrors on mine - white on Phil's although I know the trunk/radio box was replaced on mine by Engles.

Paul are you and Vonnie collecting K bikes in serial order now? :clap

I don't know. Maybe.

A check of DMV records would show we own 4 K75s right now, but one is at our son-in-law's and one is at our son's.

I don't think there is such a thing as too many K75s, but if I ever find out there is I'll let the forum know.

Back