• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

Fabulous, magnificent K75S!

Good God, that's a gorgeous Black Beemer if there ever was one!

Bet it will be extremely painful to see it gone despite the gobs of well-deserved cash you should get for it.

Have you posted it on IBMWR Marketplace as well as ADVRider and the MOA FleaMarkets? I bet it will be snapped up in a flash...

I offer my sincere condolences for your loss soon to ensue.:brow

Best of luck to you with the sale and all and thanks for posting such otherwise inspiring Beemerphotos.:)

570043428_f7Hxb-M.jpg

570044035_YEg7g-M.jpg

570044910_SvhQ3-M.jpg
OMG!!! Where? How much?

I just took the Pichler off, I am puting a RS fairing on it now.

photos?

how do you upload phots? I joined photobucket to help, but the only thing that shows up in preview is text of the url. i cannot preview the photo and I do not want to post the wrong one.

As seen at the 49er rally

DSC06579.jpg

DSC06583.jpg

DSC06584.jpg

Here are a few photos of a very 'Special K' I built for my wife for her first bike. The bike began life as an 87 K75S. The front end is lowered internally 1.5 inches, the rear is lowered 1 inch and the seat is cut down an inch and also narrowed.

(The blue K75 is also an 87C, with mostly cosmetic updates)

The drivetrain uses a 96 K1100LT transmission, with 3.00:1 GS paralever final ratio. The wheels are K1100RS, 160/60-18 rear and 120/90-17 front. Front calipers are 2 piston brembo on 305mm discs, with a 20mm master cylinder. All brake lines are braided SS.

Headlight is from a 65' R60/2 and the ears from a 67 R69/S. Speedo is VDO digital.

The bike is very smooth and comfortable, and handling is neutral and stable.

I am offering this model for sale, please visit my website to see some of my other work. I will customize or restore anything. Please contact me at bmwkparts@yahoo.com.

www.specialks.net

http://www.irvseaverbmw.com/event_calendar.asp

P7030011.jpg

P7030003.jpg

P7030008-1.jpg

P7030005.jpg

P7030015.jpg

P7030018.jpg

P7030017.jpg

P7030012.jpg
Thanks,

Larry Romestant #47363

how do you upload phots? I joined photobucket to help, but the only thing that shows up in preview is text of the url. i cannot preview the photo and I do not want to post the wrong one.

Just copy the IMG code field and paste it in the message window.

Larry

I saw Larry's bikes at the 49er over Memorial Day and they are fantastic! Great job Larry - keep up the magnificent work with the mighty K-bikes! :thumb :thumb :thumb

Polished chrome or aluminum?

I could write a multi-thousand-word essay on why I like these bikes so much but I will refrain from doing so in this photo-thread.:laugh

Am wondering about the wheels, though. They appear to be polished chrome---am I correct in assuming this? The head and valve covers seem to shine more than the polished aluminum ones I've seen before, too.

The cream-colored bike is the most magnificent blending of R and K styles that could ever be imagined!

You deserve an "Oscar" by all means---for "Best Beemers in a Non-Traditional Restoration Role.":whistle

I could write a multi-thousand-word essay on why I like these bikes so much but I will refrain from doing so in this photo-thread.:laugh

Am wondering about the wheels, though. They appear to be polished chrome---am I correct in assuming this? The head and valve covers seem to shine more than the polished aluminum ones I've seen before, too.

The cream-colored bike is the most magnificent blending of R and K styles that could ever be imagined!

You deserve an "Oscar" by all means---for "Best Beemers in a Non-Traditional Restoration Role.":whistle

Thanks for the Oscar.

The wheels are chromed as are all of the engine covers. Then only poslihed part is the coil bracket. The chrome, done right is much lower maintenance than polished aluminum. The K75 runs so cool that heat dissapation is not an issue.

1985 K100RS in Belgrade, Serbia

I'm an MOA member currently living and working in Serbia. I bought an '85 K100RS with 82000Km on the clock in December and started riding in April. I've done about 6000Km since then and have had a nice time riding in Serbia and the neighboring countries. The attached picture is of me on my K bike up in the Fruska Gora mountains about an hour north of Belgrade.

Attachments

• P1030940.jpg
    P1030940.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 950
roughing it

My '85 K-Brick...I think this was heading East in Wyoming after coming down through the Tetons. Man, I just wanted to turn back around when I got home.

Attachments

• DSCN4212.jpg
    DSCN4212.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 980
Back