• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

Great Job

New to MOA and 1st post. I bought this bike in October from a Harley owner that had the bike for 3 years. He put 200 miles on bike. Bike had a Kentucky salvage title. Had been down on left side. Missing crash bar, missing radio and 1 speaker, both glove box lids, left knee guard, gouged left mirror, left hard bag, numerous cracks in left upper and lower fairing. Blown fork seal on 1st ride. He had instaled a new fuel pump and filter. Bike has a Bill Mayer seat that looks new, new Dunlop Elite IIs. 23,000 miles on clock (24,000 now). The engine and drive components looked new. No coolant or oil leaks.
The bike was an original light gold color. Made the bike look like an old mans bike.

Gave him $1800 I figured I could have a nice touring bike for $2500.
New gel battery, starter relay, spark plugs, fork seals, fluid change (brake, coolant, final drive, transmisson, oil and filter, new glove box lids, Ebay knee guard, steering bearing grease packed. Had to fix 2 pinhole fuel leaks in tank, and fill a small dent where fairing hit the tank. Welded heat shield nuts to muffler. Removed the radio antenna, repaired mirror, fairing, and slick finished the hardbags. They turned out better than I expected. Color is Toyota Dark Grey Flint. Don't know to the penney but around $2400 in her. All my work. Runs and drive perfect. The picture is the side that was wrecked.

FROM MURF:
I found my 85 K100 in an old garage. The guy had his hip replaced and could not ride the bike. It had been down but repainted and repaired. Before I Bought it the guy had repainted, tuned up, new tires. Ran badly but it was just a shorting out starter switch on the handlbars. I was able to find the original 3 owners, all maintained the bike well. Now for 2K to purchase and $700.00 for bags and highway pegs/engine guards, I truly have a bike to be proud of. K on

So Paul, Is it going to stay white or is it getting a coat of red paint??:dunno

This one stays white - mostly. I do have a black tank that might look good on it.

Voni has a K75S - Marakesh Red - so I needed one to go "K riding" with her.

2003 K1200lt-c

K1200LT-2.jpg

My new (used) K bike on day one.. rode 300 miles. What an incredible bike!
thanks Gregory!

K100rt

64k miles zooooom:clap

Attachments

• Dscn0039 (Custom).jpg
    Dscn0039 (Custom).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,165
87 k 75

k75027.jpg

k75025.jpg

under construction.
martin.vernon hills,il

-------------------------------------------
84 CZ 350 (where all this started)
87 K75s (under construction)
05 Kawasaki Z750s
03 Yamaha R1

Last edited:
New Owner

Hi all, Brand new member and my first post. After a 25 year break from riding I'm now back. My first BMW. A 1985 K100RT barn find with 29K. Spend two months replacing everything and now have it ready for a solo 8 week cross-country trip. Yes I have a very understanding wife. Here's a photo right after a 2 week clean-up. Bike now has 36K. I think it was a good deal for $1800.00

Attachments

• BMW.jpg
    BMW.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,258
Hi all, Brand new member and my first post. After a 25 year break from riding I'm now back. My first BMW. A 1985 K100RT barn find with 29K. Spend two months replacing everything and now have it ready for a solo 8 week cross-country trip. Yes I have a very understanding wife. Here's a photo right after a 2 week clean-up. Bike now has 36K. I think it was a good deal for $1800.00

Must have been a heck of a nice barn you found that one in! Congratulations on such a sweet deal! :thumb

very nice.Enjoy your ride.Post some pictures from your trip.
ride safe,martin

this is my K75 after few hours of wrenching,still many to go but the K will ride again.I had frame off the driveline,going thru whole bike slowly,inspecting evryting step by step,new fluids,brakes,some paint work, etc.here is picture with out motor.

k75noengine002.jpg

:bikes :german

Taking a break along the Coronado Trail

Here's my wife along side our '07 K12GT during a break in the riding along Highway 191--aka the Coronado Trail--in eastern Arizona, May 2007.

Attachments

• Along the Coronado Trail.jpg
    Along the Coronado Trail.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,060
Last edited:
Back