• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

PGlaves said:
...The van struck the front forks / handle bars which tore them off the bike. They were mostly found in the fence 190 feet down the road. The van tore the radiator off the front of the engine but missed the block. Everything came off the bike: front end, tank, saddle, trunk, bags. So what was left was a mainframe bent at the steering head, with a 370,000 mile engine, transmission, and drive train attached. Our speed differential was probably 30 to 35 mph.

The front end absorbed a lot of energy coming off and apart. The bike flopped down right hard - it may have tumbled. I flopped of to the right - hard. Landed with my bony elbow tucked in to my rib cage - the elbow lined up perfectly with one broken rib. Then I bounced at least once and wound up standing up...

My helmet, boots, and Aerostich suit were none the worse for wear except a little dirt on the suit. I had that broken rib, a big bruise on my right thigh and a big bruise on my left hip. Oh, and a little scratch on my cheek from my glasses frame.

I was very very lucky. A few inches different and she would have hit the block. There would have been much less energy absorption from stuff bending/breaking and a much more violent hit. A bit further back than that and she would have been into my leg.

So we had to scrub our 49 State ride at 40 states.

Wow. I rember talking with you at Branson last year about your 49 State ride. Too bad to loose such a good horse, but it seems the horse did a lot to protect you under the circumstances.

I had something somewhat similar happen in December. Riding to work crossing a very long, curved, 3-lane freeway overpass in the center lane. As I got onto the bridge I realized it was very icy. Just then, an old Toyota comes up in the right lane already going sideways. She crosses right in front of me (like less than five feet), passing to my left through my lane and into the far left lane. Not content to stay there, back she comes from my left, this time tagging the K75 just at the front edge of the cam & timing chain cover. It was *really* slick, so the bike goes down to the right, I bounce off her front fender (breaking two ribs) and over the hood to slide down the pavement following the K75. Much like you, other than the broken ribs and some bruses, I was fine. My gear was fine (ATGATT!) other than some good skuff marks on the helmet.

I did get the bike back from the ins. company (they have been very fair) and will have it back on the road this spring once I get the new Pichler painted. Makes for an exciting day when something like this happens, don't it? :laugh

My K-bike

Hello there, everybody. Just signed up. Happy to oblige with the request to post a K-bike pic. here it is. My 1990. Currently under 10,000 miles. :thumb

Attachments

• K1lh.JPG
    K1lh.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,956
Just a little bit of Winter Work!

She is a real runner now!!

Attachments

• bmwapart.JPG
    bmwapart.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,888
My new thrill

Got her this weekend. What a rush.

Attachments

• Mine.jpg
    Mine.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 1,869
SXSMITH said:
Got her this weekend. What a rush.
Blast her down Deckers Road south of Buffalo Creek for me, would ya? That is my favorite piece of twisty road in all of Colorado; how I miss it so!

My K12GT

Looking purty at the dealer before I took delivery last week!

Attachments

• 83366828_2.jpg
    83366828_2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,851
My K75S

I bought this bike last May, and hit a deer with it in November. Three weeks ago I got the damaged bits back from my paint guy, and as you can see my K is back in one piece.

Attachments

• K75S Barn.jpg
    K75S Barn.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,817
Last edited:
Wonder if he is a MOA member

Found on-line in a report of daily bombings in Bagdad.
Seems to me a helmet would not be optional and you'd better believe I'd be wearing a flack jacket.

Attachments

• capt.bag.iraq_bag.jpg
    capt.bag.iraq_bag.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,784
Kevin and his ride

Me and My ride. His name is "Greemer - The Incrdible Flying Green Brick"

He's an '86 K100RT.

Kevin
Metuchen, NJ
USA

Attachments

• file003.jpg
    file003.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,753
Last edited:
mrlajoie said:
Looking purty at the dealer before I took delivery last week!

Welcome! Is Nashua big enough for two GT's ? See you around! :thumb

gone.jpg

Nashua GT Club?

Are we the only two? Should we start our own VERY exclusive club? :D Love the GT, just wish the weather would cooperate. This weekend is killing me! :violin

A Time Alone - IL,IN,OH,WV,VA,MD,VA,NC,TN,KY. SkyLine,BlueRidge,DealGap,
Everyone should have this time alone!!

Attachments

• blurdg&me.JPG
    blurdg&me.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,846
Back