• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Salty Fog Riders Rally 2014: The Report

Thanks Mary and Bob for the event and the report.:thumb

For anyone who has never been to Nova Scotia and think you might like it, I encourage you to go ASAP. Good people, good food, great roads, fantastic views and, if the exchange rate continues in the current direction, it will be a great bargain for Yanks. Today you get $1.24 CN for each $ US. A bonus of almost 25%. Last summer it costs $1.05 US for $1 CN so today would represent over a 30% savings from last year.

You will not regret making the trip.

And if you happen to be able to enjoy the Salty Fog it will be a double bonus.

Mary and Bob open their home to people they don't know and then give you experiences that you may not have had otherwise.

What are you waiting for? Get Kraken!!!!

Better exchange for sure. We gain with your lower gas prices. win-win. Thanks for the endorsement of both us and the rally! It's a little rally but, hey, size doesn't really matter!...... does it?:brow See you in Billings? Maybe we can get a SFRR Alumni and Friends gathering there? - Bob

A gathering in Billings sounds like a great idea - I am considering your wonderful Rally for this fall now that my health problems that stopped me last time are behind me. I have now retired and a trip to the east coast of Canada and Larry's River is on my bucket list. See you in Montana. :D

A gathering in Billings sounds like a great idea - I am considering your wonderful Rally for this fall now that my health problems that stopped me last time are behind me. I have now retired and a trip to the east coast of Canada and Larry's River is on my bucket list. See you in Montana. :D

Montana it is Ken! There might be enough alumni and friends to have some extra fun. Please do join in! Hope that you can make the SFRR2015. I know that it's just over 3,000 miles for you but that's not so bad. "Wonderful rally".... thanks for the vote... :thumb And congratulations on retirement (and that the health issue is a past memory) - Bob

Better exchange for sure. We gain with your lower gas prices. win-win. Thanks for the endorsement of both us and the rally! It's a little rally but, hey, size doesn't really matter!...... does it?:brow See you in Billings? Maybe we can get a SFRR Alumni and Friends gathering there? - Bob

That would be a lot of fun!

See you there.

A get together in Billings would be continuing what we did in 2012 at Sedalia and 2013 in Asheville. Looking forward once again to meeting up with the SFRR Alumni! :dance

The 2014 was a good rally. Bob and Mary, thank you for all of your work, planning and hospitality. See you in Billings! :wave

Today you get $1.24 CN for each $ US. A bonus of almost 25%. Last summer it costs $1.05 US for $1 CN so today would represent over a 30% savings from last year.

Grumble grumble grumble, I turned in my pretty plastic Canadian money for USD a couple of months ago. I liked things a lot better when the exchange rate was par.

A get together in Billings would be continuing what we did in 2012 at Sedalia and 2013 in Asheville. Looking forward once again to meeting up with the SFRR Alumni! :dance

The 2014 was a good rally. Bob and Mary, thank you for all of your work, planning and hospitality. See you in Billings! :wave

Your welcome! This gathering is becoming a fun practice and hopefully Billings will have good attendance as well. Both the MOA and the RA gatherings were a hoot! - Bob

Back