• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Help. Tear in seat

nelliott

Cowboyatheart
I have three small tears in my rear vinyl seat from the zipper of my boot.

Any suggestions on best ways, and products to fix them?

I don't know where or how big the tears are. If they are all the way through, I get some similar suitable material and insert it as a backer and apply one of the Goop products through the tear so it coats the top of the material and the underside of the seat. If the split or tear has a wide gash you can use tape to hold it together until the Goop sets up.
OM

A "Touring Tip" I recently published involved a member who applied liquid electrical tape (available at hardware stores) to a tear in his seat. Thought of it as a 'temp' repair, but so satisfied with it (with many additional miles in the saddle since) that it became his permanent repair.

Might consider that?! :wave

Seat tear and wear

I found that a bead of "Shoe Goo" will adhere to seats and protect a spot that is going to get bigger. With some pressure through Saran Wrap it will ooze inside the tear and adhere from the backside of the tear as well.

Hardware stores and Running Shoe stores sell it to build up worn corners of soles and general shoe repairs. It glues flapping soles back on etc. Manufactured by Eclectic Products, Pineville LA.

Call your friend the used car salesman. There are people who specialize in repairing tears in seats, dashboards, ect.
Someone who is skilled at it can even match the texture of the original material so the repair does not even show.

Ken

Back