• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A sunny day in MIchigan

ppaintguy

Well today Sunday 4th Sept. was an awesome day in MI...about 70F this morning with marginal clouds and a light breeze. I took my wife's F650 GSL out for quick 102 mile spin and what a ride. I left the house in Brighton heading down Brighton Road West to Chilson Road South to M36 to Dexter Pinckney Road to M36 West. Took this all the way to M52 North to Beard Road East to Byron Twp. Then I took Silver Lake Road East to Argentine Road South, then took Clyde Road East to Old US23 to Hyne Road and then home.

This route takes you through some of the really scenic areas of MI countryside, and the roads although fairly straight at times do have some nice twists here and there along with some small rises and dips. The Beard road section to Byron is relatively quiet with bikes for some reason, and it does have some engaging sections to it, and worthwhile for cruisers or for sportbikes alike. For anyone who wants to go dual-sporting there about 50 various trails that are awesome to take from this route, and in MI almost all of them take you by some lake or other.

The F650GSL is a deceiving bike. I usually ride a GS Adv but it is at my friend's home in WA until next week, and so my wife let me out on her bike. I say it is deceiving because for a 650 single it has all kinds of grunting torque reminding me of the old Yamaha XT500 back in the 80's. The roll-on power for the bike is awesome really even with my big butt on it, and the cruise speed is very comfortable at all ranges. I was impressed overall...I think I want one as a toy now...maybe the Dakar though for ride height.

Thanks for indulging me,
Andy :bikes

Back