• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Well, she's not in the MOA yet, but today was her first step!

Nice! Nice parking lot practice, nice bike, nice ATGATT...what's not to like!!

That's great Reece. When Suzi took the MSF course when we got her first F650ST she came back telling me how much I was doing wrong when we rode together. So maybe you better go with her when she takes the course........LOL Look forward to seeing y'all at the meetings next year.
Jim

That's great Reece. When Suzi took the MSF course when we got her first F650ST she came back telling me how much I was doing wrong when we rode together. So maybe you better go with her when she takes the course........LOL Look forward to seeing y'all at the meetings next year.
Jim

Thanks Jim, and all the others on the thread for the words of encouragement. I will pass the iPad to Rhonda to show her the words of encouragement. Background: Rhonda took the BRC in Pensacola a couple of years ago but due to a myriad of reasons it didn't stick. But the girl doesn't give up. We scheduled another BRC closer to home that the foundation reimbursed us for. Unfortunately the December date was pushed to March. And so, until then I am going to apply my helicopter instructor pilot skills and see how far we can get in the training. Today was her first time on a Beemer (not as a pillion) And even though her muscles are sore from squeezing the black out of the grips she is super excited which never happened during or after the BRC in Pensacola.

IMO, if a child can get interested in motor sports whether it's motorcycles ATV's, snowmobiles or the like....and they have some part of maintenance of the vehicle, the experience will help them for the rest of their life.
They will most likely have a car and with the experience they won't be prone to goofy up-sells at repair shops.
Good on ya for getting her going.
OM

any speed lines on your bird? :evil

That is exactly how I got my wife into riding. Around and around a parking lot on 2001 lowered KLR, learning to take off, shift gears and most importantly stop under control.

That was in 2010 and since then she has put over 30,000 k on her bike riding the mountains through BC, Montana and Wyoming, the gravel back roads of Ontario and the canyons of Utah, first year on that old KLR and now her own F650GS twin.

Even today in the weeks leading up to a trip we head over to an empty parking lot or dirt lot and do a lot of slow start stop and turn practice. I always tell her, anyone can ride fast, a real motorcyclist can also ride slow and stay in control at all speeds.

So wait...is this your wife or your daughter? I'm confused on the responses...either way, it is AWESOME!! I would love to get my daughter on her own bike (we now have three, so it is possible!)!

Sorry for the confusion Rhonda is the Mrs. Went through my posts and realized that "girl" could be confused with my daughter. Yes my daughter has been a pillion on beemers and she is a lieutenant in the Air Force and is interested in riding one day but alas, one pillion progression at a time. Chuck and Jim have both met Rhonda and knew who I was talking about. I guess we haven't reached Paul and Voni celebrity status yet... Working on it.

Okay...I see a problem...way TOO organized!!!!!!!

This little one keeps the house a mess with toys...
image.jpg

Show her the thread....Should get you some points :evil
OM

She's perused the thread. I signed her tablet into the forums with my log on so she can keep up with the latest. She found the photography forum and has been checking out all the real talent on the site/in the club.

Just finished our annual tradition of watching "our" Christmas movie, "Love Actually". If anyone wants "points" with the Mrs. highly recommend you add this movie to your watch list.

Last edited:
Just finished our annual tradition of watching "our" Christmas movie, "Love Actually". If anyone wants "points" with the Mrs. highly recommend you add this movie to your watch list.
A very good movie :thumb It's nice to see so many highly talented actors assemble and work well together.

OM

Back