• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Well, she's not in the MOA yet, but today was her first step!

Thought I would put in a word

So, I have been venturing out on my own. I have made a couple of short rides here and there. However, I have ridden Gerdy to school and back twice now. That's an hour one way. Today I really enjoyed my ride. The weather was perfect. I was even a little sad when I arrived home, because it meant my ride was over.

I ran into a challenge today and handled it very well, I think. I was on my home and in the distance I saw a large piece of farm equipment driving down the road. As I approached it, an SUV came out from behind it and into my lane. I quickly slowed and went to the right. The lady driving passed me in my lane. I gave her a hand signal to let her know I was NOT happy! The group of motorcycles I then passed saw everything, one of them kind of lingered behind, I think, to make sure I was okay, but he was smoothing down his hair, as if what he just witnessed made him nervous. This challenge a couple of months ago would have scared me, but today, it just made me mad!

I'm enjoying riding Gerdy! The more I ride the more I enjoy it!
image.jpg

Rhonda, so glad you are enjoying your bike, and it sounds like you are on your way to many years of happy riding. Not to sound like the "church lady" because I'm certainly not, but try not to "get mad" because it can cause you problems with clear thinking while riding. If you can, just let it go. Those big SUV's can do more damage to you than you can to them. Just be sure you can outrun them!! :)

I like to say "I knew he was going to do that!"

It keeps me from being mad and I can let it all go more easily.

Welcome to our world! May you have many many happy sMiles!

Voni
sMiling still

So, I have been venturing out on my own. I have made a couple of short rides here and there. However, I have ridden Gerdy to school and back twice now. That's an hour one way. Today I really enjoyed my ride. The weather was perfect. I was even a little sad when I arrived home, because it meant my ride was over.

I ran into a challenge today and handled it very well, I think. I was on my home and in the distance I saw a large piece of farm equipment driving down the road. As I approached it, an SUV came out from behind it and into my lane. I quickly slowed and went to the right. The lady driving passed me in my lane. I gave her a hand signal to let her know I was NOT happy! The group of motorcycles I then passed saw everything, one of them kind of lingered behind, I think, to make sure I was okay, but he was smoothing down his hair, as if what he just witnessed made him nervous. This challenge a couple of months ago would have scared me, but today, it just made me mad!

I'm enjoying riding Gerdy! The more I ride the more I enjoy it!
View attachment 49678

Getting mad is a natural reaction when we have an experience that frightens us. You did very well to react as you did! Congratulations.:thumb

Glad you are enjoying the rides!
I drive as if everyone else on the road is trying to kill me.
And Voni is right, learning to expect silly and stupid errors from other drivers is just part of the ride.

Hope to see your name in the BMWMOA mileage contest soon!

Back