• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA & Foundation SUPERSTAKES.... anybody Win???

flyhi2cfar

#102452 Sometimes Hangared... But Always Aimed Out
....we have about 12,675 Members that are Registered on this Forum; and about 30,675 MOA Members..... there were 60 recent winners last Saturday; anybody ON HERE win?

Curious to have an idea how much impact the "victors" will have on their local Dealers, considering the new bikes & $1000 BMW gift cards being distributed!
I was surprised to see how many folks purchased numerous "chances"... a few appeared to get 5 to 10 at $100 a pop! And we had a good many total sold....
though I don't know how this year's compared to last, where the winners were announced at THE Rally. That was cool! Have a look at the names & states.....
you even know anybody? I like taking the chance & helping out the "promotion".... and I really thought this could have been the year. What does a MOA Life Member
do with the "added" year to membership for each ticket bought???

"travel'n" John
13 R12RT... in trade limbo

If you follow Ted's link, you can check the winners-

We plan to get started at 1pm. Pandora's is having a full open house, lunch, etc. and a Christmas Party afterwards.

My intention is to post the winners live to the Superstakes Facebook page. You can find it at moasuperstakes.com. I'll aslo post the winners to the MOA site and Foundation site, but it maybe later Saturday before that happens.

Good luck to everyone. Next Monday is the best day of the year for me. Calling people who just won a new motorcycle is always fun!

OM

I've been to the foundation site, but I don't see a list of winners.

Either hit the link contained in the quote box that OM included in his post, or just go to top of the forum page and hit "Home". On the home page will be the story about the drawing with a list of winners.

I've been to the foundation site, but I don't see a list of winners.

Quite a few disappointing things at that site - links to empty pages, old articles, missing financial reports. The history of the MOAF stops at the year 2000.

Apparently this year the Foundation sponsored the Superstakes, a day of some sort of youth training (Camp Gears) for an unknown number of trainees, and a 40% reduction in fees for Cornerspeed (attendance also unknown). I can't tell if the Rider Performance University, SMART trainer or MSF courses at Sedalia were connected with the Foundation or not. The only other info a quick check of ON got me was details of how to donate to the Foundation.

Given my history of raffle winnings (zero), I'd have to consider a ticket purchase as a donation. I'm just not clear on what that donation accomplishes. Is it mostly a payment on some else's new bike or is there a bunch of un-publicized training going on?

EDIT: I did find reference to the Paul B. Memorial Scholarship Fund. Is this still active? Are all the scholarships being given out each year? How are they being used?

Somebody enlighten me, please.

...... Oh!!...

.... I see the problem/issue some of are having finding info on our "new" site layout. On the Homepage that comes up there is a header labeled "News".... nothing on this subject there;

but if your on the Homepage and scroll down there's a sub-header that states "all the news".... and the winners list is currently the 1st listing. The Foundation Page is weak...I agree;

maybe only slightly worse than the MOA site itself.... visits and posts have dropped way off, and its non-riding times for many in the lower 48. I've not bonded with the "new"

web-site... especially the entry/home page & the new Flea market. You can sure read plenty on the forum of the displeasure's of others and the problems encountered.

My total bio & other ID have been sanitized/omitted twice now in one form or another in last few years. BUT... think of the LUCKY WHO WON and are the on here; do you know any?

Looking at the numbers from my original post.... shouldn't this have a nice effect on the Dealer net-work with 12 new bikes & what, 50 ...$1000 gift cards kicked out right at Christmas!

"travel'n" John ...Cincy area- still no Dealer
13R12RT in trade limbo... somewhere

The dealer network would only benefit from the $1000 gift cards since as it was explained to me two years ago when I won a bike, the MOA gets the bikes at dealer cost from BMW Germany. Pandora's in Tennessee handles the bikes for the MOA, and I don't see them making any money on the arrangement because most winners have their bike shipped to them from Pandora's, so there's no extra income from accessoriy sales or service.

Also, I don't know if the prize bikes were at the rally this year, but at previous years when the bikes were raffled off at the rally, Pandora donated the trucks/trailers and personnel to bring the bikes across the country and back. They are certainly a great supporter of the Foundation.

Apologies if I may have an above fact wrong, I'm not a board member, but this is what I've been told in the past.

I agree, there is a lot of good that the Foundation does and they could toot their own horn a bit better on the website.

Back