• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

It's a GiantStampede!!!

The GS Giant

Oh man, have the GS Giants ever got one in store for you!

Here is what we do:

• Meet-up on Sunday ahead of the rally in adventure heaven - See new info on The GS Giant's Gypsy Tour
  • Ride and party together for two days
  • Ride over to the rally on Wednesday
  • Where there is riding practice, training, seminars, day rides and a fun competition track
  • Everything we do has an easy, medium and challenging option
  • Oh, everyone makes new friends and has a huge time.

The GS Giant for 2015 will be historic... probably hysterical, too. ;)

GS%20Giant_huge_transp-XL.png

Here's the info:

All Roads Lead Here! The Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming! It's a GIANT STAMPEDE! The GS Giant's Gypsy Tour July 19 - 22, 2015

All Roads Lead Here - The Big Horn Mountains!

Riders will arrive from the East....From the West...From the North and from the South! All ending at the same place in the Big Horn Mountains for an EPIC Three Day Party Event!

What's this all about? I'll start by telling you what it's NOT about. It's not about being the best rider so no one should feel intimidated. Skill levels range from no off pavement experience to seasoned rock garden riders. This is about challenging yourself to become more comfortable getting off the beaten path with the help of fellow Giants to offer guidance, advice, or just pick you up, dust you off, and hand you a beer at the end of the day. This is where you make new life-long friends or catch up with old ones. This is some of the best laughs that life has to offer.

$100 per person gets you all of the above in addition to a daily catered breakfast, hearty dinner, and cold micro brews to fuel the tall tales at the end of the day. Not to mention swag and door prizes!

On July 18th, GS Giants will rendezvous at various locations including Colorado, Idaho, California, Arizona, Pacific North West, Missouri, North Dakota, and Michigan, then ride to the Gypsy Tour site in Wyoming. Ride in on your own or hook up with one of the various Gypsy Caravans but plan to be at The Bear Lodge on Sunday, July 19th, 2015 by 5pm for check in and a Big Backyard BBQ.

Explore the Big Horn Mountains on Monday and Tuesday, July 21-22, while collecting some GS BS points which may be worth some great prizes. Then pack up and head to Billings, Montana the adventurous way on Wednesday for the BMW MOA National Rally where the fun will continue. At the rally, you will find track events for all skill levels, training options, adventure riding seminars, and much more GS fun in addition to all that the MOA has to offer.

So where do you sign up? www.GSGiants.com And you must pre-register by July 1st.

If you are attending the MOA rally, you must register for that separately. Their registration is linked with ours as a convenience.

The Bear Lodge is currently taking reservations on a first come - first serve basis. We are holding a block of rooms under the GS Giants. Please plan to check in and settle up with them upon arrival. Check out their website for pictures and a list of amenities. They offer a variety of accommodations:

Tent Camping: $10. per site, per night
RV Hook Up: $12. per site per night ($15. per site per night with water/elec.)
Motel Rooms: $89 per night, single or double occupancy
Duplex and Condo Units: (sleeps six) $190 per night, double occupancy plus $8 pp

Bear Lodge Resort
5600 US Highway 14-A at Burgess Junction
Dayton, Wyoming 82836
(307) 752-2444

www.bearlodgeresort.com

The Giant Stampede promises to be the biggest and best Gypsy Tour yet! Our membership and sponsor list is growing and we want YOU there! So, start making a plan and put this on your calendar. This is something you must see for yourself and we promise you the best event of the year!

‪#‎giantstampede‬

Questions? Post them under the events/FAQ section on our website forum. www.gsgiants.com

Gypsy Tour Info

Meet up with other Giants as you all ride to the Big Horns. Gypsy Tours will be organized from the following locations:

1. Clovis, California - contact Randy "Polar Bear" Owens gsarbear@gmail.com
2. Boise, Idaho - contact Lance Gines lrosscogines40@yahoo.com
3. Fargo, ND - contact John Bohmer johnbohmer@yahoo.com
4. Kansas City, MO - Michael Mans michaeljmans@hotmail.com
5. Colorado - Bex Becker bexxer@mac.com
6. Top O'The Rockies - Jeff de Wispelaere jedewi1@gmail.com
7. Carterville, IL - Truck, Trailer, Camper Caravan led by Jeff Kurtz jeff@kurtzinpa.com

If you do not see an area to hook up near you and would like reach out to others, please PM me for info.

JUNE 19th - UPDATE:

We are one month away from the Giant Stampede! Are you registered? Here are some things you need to know:

Gypsy Tours: There are several Gypsy Tours from various parts of the country. This is where you can hook up with other riders who are all travelling to the same destination. Some are designed to make time and distance, others are all about the adventure. Be aware that these are loosely organized rides and you are to ride at your own pace. Each organizer can give you details of their plan. Take a look at the first post here and contact the organizer for info. www.gsgiant.com

Registration and Accommodations: Online registration will close on July 5th. (To guarantee a limited edition tee shirt, you must register by June 22nd.) Once you register for the Giant Stampede, you also need to contact the Bear Lodge and make arrangements for your accommodations. There is a condo or two available and tent space. Rooms are booked but their other location, the Elk View has availability and is only two miles away.

Plan to arrive at the Bear Lodge on Sunday, July 19th.* Check in with the Queen (that's me!) and her staff to receive your wristband and swag, then check in with the Bear Lodge and make camp. Your wristband is your meal ticket so don't lose it!
Spend the next three days getting to know other Giants and riding the Big Horns! A few notes about the Bear Lodge:

1. Cell phone service is not available on the Mountain. We are told that internet service is available in the main lodge but cannot guarantee it.
2. In case of an emergency, be sure your family knows how to reach you.
3. Breakfast and Dinner are included in the price of admission. There is a restaurant/bar onsite. There is also a convenience store where you can purchase packaged goods. Box lunches are available with prior notice and at your expense. However, we encourage you to ride in to town and support the local merchants.

Scorebooks: You will receive a scorebook on or about July 12th. We encourage you to read it thoroughly. Inside, you will find many opportunities to earn points towards some great prizes. Here are some examples:

1. Gypsy Tours - Earn points for hooking up with one of the various gypsy tours in route to Bighorns.
2. Photo Challenges - post pictures via social media using ‪#‎GiantStampede‬
3. GS/BS Points - Document your visit to specific locations to earn a few extra BS points. These really add up and often determine the overall winner!
4. Visit BMW Dealers and suppliers to thank them for supporting the Giants.
5. Visit the booths, webpages, facebook pages of those vendors who support and sponsor the GS Giants.
6. Volunteer - this is a big part of who we are. Volunteer your time to work a shift for the Giants and the MOA to earn points.

The Stampede: On Wednesday, we bid goodbye to our hosts in the Bighorns and the Giants stampede into Billings. The MOA Rally does not officially open to guests until Thursday however, we have permission to be there early. Please consider pitching in and lending a hand wherever needed as the MOA volunteers will be busy with last minute preparations. See Volunteer opportunities above.

The MOA Rally: The GS Giant event continues at the rally with plenty of opportunity for training, testing your skills on the track, seminars, and all that the rally has to offer. We are, first and foremost, an MOA Charter Club so please be sure to show appreciation to the MOA staff. They are great supporters of the GS Giants!

The GS Giants cannot host this event or give away great prizes without the support of generous sponsors. Some of them will be joining us at the Bear Lodge. Others will be on site in Billings. Please make a point of showing gratitude and saying thank you! (see point scoring opportunities above!)

A number of volunteers have worked for several months to put this event together and it promises to be our best one ever! New friends are waiting to greet you and we are sure this will be an event to remember! We look forward to seeing you in the Bighorns!

*Registrations after July 5th will be $125.00. You will have to contact Tracy via email: tracy@novacich.com or see her at the Bear Lodge. There is no prorated fee for late arrivals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saying today that this is something I would like to tick off my bucket list. Looking forward to seeing what you are all planning this year. 1981 R80g/s all primed and ready to go.

Been absent here:(, BACK!

FB'itis has me floundering around and not in moa forum contact for some time. Im sorry. GSGiants will indeed strike out again from all points USA/Canada/Mexico, so stay tuned as Winter thaws and the GSGiant Gypsy Tours start growing as seeds across the lands:). BILLINGS 2015 will be another epic MOA Rally in an incredible state, Montana. This state never gets tiring to ride in... Please join us, youre WELCOME...

Where will it be?

I don't care where it starts; this year I plan on being there for my first GS Giant Stampede! I plan on attending the Colorado Peak to Peak (I think that's the name of the rally) the week before and then heading where ever the Giant start location ends up.....

The Queen is about to spill a few beans!

Listen up cause Queenie is about to spill some beans!

I know some of you are making plans for the BMW MOA National Rally in Billings, MT in July. I also know there has been some talk amongst you about meeting up before hand. I'm thinking many of the noobs (and a few not so noobs) are not aware of the big party before the rally. This is what started it all!

Plans are being finalized for the Gypsy Tour - three days of riding at you own pace, old and new friends, camping together, great food and beer, and general hilarity all for one very reasonable price. I can't tell you exactly where yet but hope to spill the rest of the beans very soon. All you need to know for the moment is that this will take place from Sunday, July 19th - Wednesday, July 22nd. THIS IS WHERE THE PARTY BEGINS! OG's and gypsy tour veterans, please post your comments below. For up to date info, click here: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?75616-It-s-a-GiantStampede!!!

Wilbers rear 633 all installed, soft bags sorted and auxiliary 5litre tank ready to be filled.

ready to roll!

All Roads Lead Here!

All Roads Lead Here! The Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming!

big horn.jpg

It's a GIANT STAMPEDE!
The GS Giant's Gypsy Tour
July 19 - 22, 2015

All Roads Lead Here - The Big Horn Mountains!

Riders will arrive from the East....From the West...From the North and from the South! All ending at the same place in the Big Horn Mountains for an EPIC Three Day Party Event!

What's this all about? I'll start by telling you what it's NOT about. It's not about being the best rider so no one should feel intimidated. Skill levels range from no off pavement experience to seasoned rock garden riders. This is about challenging yourself to become more comfortable getting off the beaten path with the help of fellow Giants to offer guidance, advice, or just pick you up, dust you off, and hand you a beer at the end of the day. This is where you make new life-long friends or catch up with old ones. This is some of the best laughs that life has to offer.

ready%20for%20adv-L.jpg

$100 per person gets you all of the above in addition to a daily catered breakfast, hearty dinner, and cold micro brews to fuel the tall tales at the end of the day. Not to mention swag and door prizes!

On July 18th, GS Giants will rendezvous at various locations including Colorado, Idaho, California, Arizona, Pacific North West, Missouri, North Dakota, and Michigan, then ride to the Gypsy Tour site in Wyoming. Ride in on your own or hook up with one of the various Gypsy Caravans but plan to be at The Bear Lodge on Sunday, July 19th, 2015 by 5pm for check in and a Big Backyard BBQ.

Explore the Big Horn Mountains on Monday and Tuesday, July 21-22, while collecting some GS BS points which may be worth some great prizes. Then pack up and head to Billings, Montana the adventurous way on Wednesday for the BMW MOA National Rally where the fun will continue. At the rally, you will find track events for all skill levels, training options, adventure riding seminars, and much more GS fun in addition to all that the MOA has to offer.

So where do you sign up? An announcement will be made when the registration site opens. And you must pre-register.

20140722_175153-L.jpg

The Bear Lodge is currently taking reservations on a first come - first serve basis. We are holding a block of rooms under the GS Giants. Please plan to check in and settle up with them upon arrival. Check out their website for pictures and a list of amenities. They offer a variety of accommodations:

Tent Camping: $10. per site, per night
RV Hook Up: $12. per site per night ($15. per site per night with water/elec.)
Motel Rooms: $89 per night, single or double occupancy
Duplex and Condo Units: (sleeps six) $190 per night, double occupancy plus $8 pp

Bear Lodge Resort
5600 US Highway 14-A at Burgess Junction
Dayton, Wyoming 82836
(307) 752-2444

www.bearlodgeresort.com

The Giant Stampede promises to be the biggest and best Gypsy Tour yet! Our membership and sponsor list is growing and we want YOU there! So, start making a plan and put this on your calendar. This is something you must see for yourself and we promise you the best event of the year!

Last edited:
This sounds like a lot of fun! I'm new to the GS bike and I have been having the best time with it. I love my little GS. I have a spot at Bear Lodge. :dance:dance

Back