• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

It's a GiantStampede!!!

As plans are being worked out, you will hear more but for now, I can tell you that we will have groups riding in from the following locations:

Gateway/St. Louis, Mo tracy@novacich.com

I'd be interested in talking to the folks from Gateway Mo.... to see if something can't be put together for the week before the rally....:) (Great to be retired!)

I'd be interested in talking to the folks from Gateway Mo.... to see if something can't be put together for the week before the rally....:) (Great to be retired!)

We've talked with Honz, and Michael Mans is also interested in helping out.

Go remind Honz that this is a great opportunity. :)

We're hoping to start a ride fro Gateway on Saturday, July 18 that arrive in the Big Horns in the evening of July 19.

I'm riding out from St. Louis, possibly with the Gateway folks (depends on timing). If anyone wants to join me, PM me and we can make a plan.

I'm in!

Just registered :dance. $169.37 CDN with the optional Tshirt. Ooof! :eek This better be good! (JK, I know it will be!)

Anyone else going via ND?

So here's a bit of an odd question-
any idea at this point of GS Giant events/activity at the rally in regards to their timing?
I only ask as I'm starting to plan out my volunteer shift(s)- bummer that the beer garden is not volunteer this year.

The GS Giant's Giant Stampede has raised the bar, yet again! We are planning a rockin' good time on Tuesday, July 21st. The four-member band, Caveman Boulevard will be entertaining us with their mix of rock, country and blues. Please like their facebook page and give them a friendly GS Giant hello!

https://www.facebook.com/CavemanBlvd

Bear Lodge - you must make reservations!

Hey, listen up! If you are registered for the GS Giant Gypsy Tour in the Big Horns, you also have to call the Bear Lodge and reserve your motel room/tent/rv space. This is completely separate and on you.

I have way more registrations than they have reservations. Please make sure you call them and reserve your spot. Info can be found in the first post of this thread.

‪#‎GiantStampede

GOOD INFO! :thumb:thumb In July is the time of the year Bear Lodge may fill up soon! For the ones in a tent, this is above 8,000 feet elevation. :wave

So what do you think the temperature will likely be? I planned to tent in my new Redverz tent!!! :)
Well it all depends on the year we have here. Yes, you can tent. people do all the time. I will like to see that new tent. I will need something for a Alaska trip on my bike. I would say for day time highs will be very nice and in the 70's + and lows can, be in the 30's for Burgess Junction area is a good average for temps. So, the temps can swing either way from this. It has snowed every month of the year at over 8,000 feet here. The cabin I'm renting, has a heater.:thumb This is just something you need to be aware of is all.:wave Most of the time it is very nice with possible Thunder storms in the late afternoon into the evenings are a norm here also. If one is into fly fishing we have lots of streams near by and small lakes to wet your line.:thumb:thumb I hope this may help on what your looking at for temps.

Bump...

... and a rut, rock and sandy section or two.

Riding in the BIG Horn Mountains... thanks John Horsely and Ed Gourley!

horselyinthebighorns-X2.jpg

Back