• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1995 R100RT Production numbers??

jgr451

Hi I am trying to find out from an authoritative source how many 1995 R100RTs were produced worldwide, so that I may be able to put a collector plate on this motorcycle. BMW Canada seemed unwilling to assist...as if this is a trade secret! And I could not send an email to BMW AG via its website; do they refuse email from Canada?:banghead
Does anyone know the answer to this and how I might go about getting that information on authoritative letterhead?

Thanks Kurt.Looks like production ceased in Feb 95 in favour of the R1100...and that 244 were produced.I wonder where Phil Hawkesly's BM Bikes got the numbers?

As I recall, Phil worked with BMW to come up with those numbers. I had reason to go through every BMW through the Airheads on his site...I found discrepancies in his compilation and emailed him about it. That's where I found out he had input from BMW...many years ago.

1995 R100RT vins & production

My 1995 R100RT Classic vin is WB1046908S6294304. Repsycle just sold a low mile one for $8k which had a vin of (last three digits): 370.
I'm holding a vin listing dated 7/22/94 which shows 1994 R100RT production starting with (last 7 digits) 6294007. Based on the repscyle vin this would indicate production was at least 363. Oh yeah, I'm selling mine but it has at least 105K or 205K miles on it and I did rebuild it some years back. Great bike. My wife and I rode it 2up to Alaska.
We won the longest distance 2up prize @ the Chief Joseph in Oregon 10 years ago. It still runs like a top. Like hobo Mat says: Keepem Flying.
Production in the 100's seems correct because my 1991 R100 Classic(the last naked R100) production was 180 (6419001-6419181) according to the revised pg. 3 of service bulletin LXVIII/93, (2608)- Group 4. Revised 07.22.94.
FLAPZ
rwtjmt7@gmail.com

Collector plate yes sir!

Hi, haven't been around for a while on the Forum and in searching, came up with this post! I am pleased to be able to report that with significant and authoritative paper support from Bob of Bob's BMW, I was able to get a collector plate for this fine motorcycle. I bought it in fairly beat up condition; it had been around, you know! Every orifice caked in dust. And well over 100,000 miles; for $US 3500. I left it at Shail's motorcycles in Vancouver for almost a year to do"whatever had to be done mechanically", another $7000 CDN. Brought it home and pulled it apart to comb it over cosmetically and restore some unfortunate modifications and broken fairing parts, to return it to stock. Another who knows how much and how long? Took apart ,cleaned and greased every electrical connection. Bolts missing from main fairing.Stock windscreen, dash, new ignition switch...you know. Anyway, apart from weak rear drum brake it runs like a top.
Collector insurance is $200 CDN annually!!

Back