• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Different application/forum upload comments

motodan

KyleTurner said:
Motodan said:
KyleTurner said:
Hey MotoDan,
Very nice bike. Where did you get the BMW roundel on your rear fender? and how did you mount it?
Thanks. Kyle

Thanks. I purchased it from Bob's BMW in Maryland. I use a heavy duty (hard plastic) "velcro" like fastener.
Thanks. I can't seem to find that post/picture now. If you get a minute, I would like to see it again. The hard velcro is holding ok?

Here ya go Kyle. I use to have a same style modern Roundel in place of this Motorrad (Vintage?) one, but decided to change. I used a couple of black plastic rivets from Auto Zone to fill the fender holes. The heavy duty plastic velcro like fastener will hold well. Just be sure to wipe fender area with alcohol and let dry before attaching. The second picture shows a very flush mounting this provides. I had one of those $26.00 (for K16GT) plates before...it came with bolts for those holes and a small area to attach Roundel, but this is just as efficient and certainly cheaper. Yes, as most men, I don't mind spending $2X,XXX for a bike, but I feel really good when I save $20.00 on an attachment....LOL.

I'm posting this for someone asking about my fender set up. Couldn't get picture to load under private message reply...so here it is.

WELL NOTHING WILL LOAD...SO EITHER THE SYSTEM IS TIRED OR JUST DOESN'T LOAD AT ALL OR IT'S ME. LOADED LOTS BEFORE. KYLE, SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND WE CAN TRY IT THAT WAY.

Last edited:
Here ya go Kyle. I use to have a same style modern Roundel in place of this Motorrad (Vintage?) one, but decided to change. I used a couple of black plastic rivets from Auto Zone to fill the fender holes. The heavy duty plastic velcro like fastener will hold well. Just be sure to wipe fender area with alcohol and let dry before attaching. The second picture shows a very flush mounting this provides. I had one of those $26.00 (for K16GT) plates before...it came with bolts for those holes and a small area to attach Roundel, but this is just as efficient and certainly cheaper. Yes, as most men, I don't mind spending $2X,XXX for a bike, but I feel really good when I save $20.00 on an attachment....LOL.

I'm posting this for someone asking about my fender set up. Couldn't get picture to load under private message reply...so here it is.

WELL NOTHING WILL LOAD...SO EITHER THE SYSTEM IS TIRED OR JUST DOESN'T LOAD AT ALL OR IT'S ME. LOADED LOTS BEFORE. KYLE, SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND WE CAN TRY IT THAT WAY.

Thanks OM! I really appreciate it. kyleturnertuba@gmail.com

Picture test-
Nesting Falcon.
Well MD, it worked but took about 3 times as long as normal. Lemmee see what I can do.
OM

Attachments

• Nesting Falcon Larger.jpg
    Nesting Falcon Larger.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 139
Not working for me this morning. Just times out during photo upload. Search function, new posts, mark forums read all also seem quite slow.

Yeah, it's being looked at. Times on my end have been erratic as well. There is quite a bit of interaction at the server level between the programs.
Gary

Not sure as I'm not in on the beginning. Post 65 of the homepage thread is what we are trying for.
Gary
Immediately liked it as soon as the slide show came up! A very pleasant change, plus I don't have to sign in three times to get between the home page, the forum, and the flea market.

Thanx, whomever!

Mike or Dan, could you try it (full upload and post) now for us? Here in this thread would be great.
Gary

Back