Thread: Greetings from Montreal!

Greetings from Montreal!

Hi all,
    Thought I should make it official as I have been a member of the MOA since Oct 2014. This is my first time posting to a forum so here's hoping I don't screw it up, eh?......
    Main ride is a 2013 BMW F800GT that I use for daily commuting & weekend "sorties" (14,200 km since purchased new in May 2014)
    My other German mistress (as my wife refers to the fleet) is a 1983 BMW R100RS which is now semi-retired but still a favorite by a long shot.
    I belong to the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group (currently co-secretary of the Montreal section) but joined the BMW MOA as it seemed a good fit since I could best be described as a ?Beemerphile?
    Also just joined the BMW MOV (Vermont) because I had the pleasure of riding to two of their events this past season and was very impressed with the people so decided to commit!

Hope to see some of you at upcoming events in 2015! Ride safely!
    Cheers,
    Ron Dawson
    Montreal, Quebec
    MOA #137011P1040621_50 percent.jpg

Ron -

Welcome to the forum and the MOA! That's a sweet R100RS...nice spot for a picture. You're avatar...do you have a warm spot for an exhaust nut wrench (no pun intended)?? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Welcome Aboard!

Good looking R100 and I agree nice place to take a pic.

Thanks for being a member!

All answers are just a question away.
    Wes Fitzer-MOA BoD - President
    BMWMOA 170126
    NE Oklahoma BMW Club; BMW Riders of Oklahoma
    2014 K1600 GTLE

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    CooL all the way around, Welcome.
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Glad I joined....

Quote Originally Posted by 137011 View Post
    Hi all,
    Thought I should make it official as I have been a member of the MOA since Oct 2014. This is my first time posting to a forum so here's hoping I don't screw it up, eh?......
    Main ride is a 2013 BMW F800GT that I use for daily commuting & weekend "sorties" (14,200 km since purchased new in May 2014)
    My other German mistress (as my wife refers to the fleet) is a 1983 BMW R100RS which is now semi-retired but still a favorite by a long shot.
    I belong to the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group (currently co-secretary of the Montreal section) but joined the BMW MOA as it seemed a good fit since I could best be described as a ?Beemerphile?
    Also just joined the BMW MOV (Vermont) because I had the pleasure of riding to two of their events this past season and was very impressed with the people so decided to commit!

Hope to see some of you at upcoming events in 2015! Ride safely!
    Cheers,
    Ron Dawson
    Montreal, Quebec
    MOA #13701147489[/ATTACH]
    Kurt
    Just wondering if anyone was paying attention........ great home defense item, although it lacks range. (very quiet though)
    BTW, photo was taken here: lat 44.0645 long -70.8095 Moose Pond, Maine