• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread

Can't change pages in Marketplace

Once again a web site has improved itself so much that many members can't use it. When I access marketplace the first page loads and then freezes and wont advance or reset. I was told it was because I was using IE9 or AOL. I really believe the BMW MOA website and its links should a least work with an MS IE browser and not require me to load a new browser just to view it. I was told I needed Google Chrome or Firefox to view the marketplace. Not a good solution the old marketplace worked fine.

Once again a web site has improved itself so much that many members can't use it. When I access marketplace the first page loads and then freezes and wont advance or reset. I was told it was because I was using IE9 or AOL. I really believe the BMW MOA website and its links should a least work with an MS IE browser and not require me to load a new browser just to view it. I was told I needed Google Chrome or Firefox to view the marketplace. Not a good solution the old marketplace worked fine.

I use Firefox and it freezes regularly, I have to keep trying to access. Sometimes I have to come back later.

It's a tough situation for any developer. Early on, the new market was having problems with IE11 but that seems to be fixed. But to have web pages that backwards support older browsers becomes tougher the farther back you go. I'm not saying it's the best thing for all involved, it might just be a fact of the internet. Also with newer browsers, there might come better security, so there are other considerations. I would highly suggest getting another browser and/or upgrading. As an example, I had some work to do on the internet on a site and found that Chrome worked incredibly better than IE for that situation...I was really impressed. So, I have that around in case I need it.

The old marketplace really had some serious problems, namely one was that we had no support for it at all since it was developed by a former member. At a distance, it might have looked like it worked, but it just wasn't really doing the job that people wanted.

Hi,

I'm sorry that you are still having issues with the marketplace! You are not required to use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to access it, we just recommend these browsers as they are much more modern than Internet Explorer. As for the IE9 issue, IE9 has been largely unsupported for over a year. While we want to support as many browsers and versions of browsers as possible, IE9 simply does not have the necessary built in technology to run the marketplace at this point.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or feedback!

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

Houston - We do have a problem.

The sort function doesn't work in Panjo and it locks up on the first page anyhow.... so I guess that's immaterial.

As I stated earlier, the dramatically reduced functionality has likely reduced the previously small traffic to the flea market to about zero.

Couple of Consultant questions -

1. Did we do a needs analysis of the flea market and our members before selecting Panjo?
2. Did we do a proof of concept test with Panjo across diffferent platforms using current data and items?
3. Did we get references from other Panjo users before committing to this platform?

I realize that we are a small - and getting smaller - organization and that processes like these are more typical for large companies....sadly they are in place for a reason.

I used to visit the MOA website daily, it's a lot less now. A lot less.

This will have implications relating to renewals and new members I'm afraid.

Ironically, if you go to Panjo.com they operate a open flea market and they have all the MOA stuff there. It works OK there. These glitches seem related to the way it has been embedded into the MOA site.

I don't think I have all the answers, but I will offer the following.

1. Did we do a needs analysis of the flea market and our members before selecting Panjo?

In the forum survey that was done almost a year ago, one of the things that stood out in the responses was to have a marketplace which allowed better functionality as far as pictures was concerned. There was no upgrading the old utility. Panjo has much better picture support with it. Also what was asked for was the ability to search regionally or based upon distances from a location. We now have that.

2. Did we do a proof of concept test with Panjo across diffferent platforms using current data and items?

This is embedded software within vBulletin. It comes pre-installed...it's not an add-on. That should say something about the package, I would think. However, if you have questions about Panjo, you don't ask the vB folks...you go to Panjo. We have a Panjo representative who is a forum member and has been working with us to resolve the issues. We never had that kind of support with the old package.

3. Did we get references from other Panjo users before committing to this platform?

Yes, I did that. I contact a half a dozen fairly large forums who were running Panjo and I basically got a thumbs up from each of those who contacted me.

As for the sort function locking up, it works just fine for me...hasn't locked up that I've seen. If you would specify the type of browser and computer OS you're using, that will help the Panjo folks determine what might be wrong.

I don't think I have all the answers, but I will offer the following.

In the forum survey that was done almost a year ago, one of the things that stood out in the responses was to have a marketplace which allowed better functionality as far as pictures was concerned. There was no upgrading the old utility. Panjo has much better picture support with it. Also what was asked for was the ability to search regionally or based upon distances from a location. We now have that.

This is embedded software within vBulletin. It comes pre-installed...it's not an add-on. That should say something about the package, I would think. However, if you have questions about Panjo, you don't ask the vB folks...you go to Panjo. We have a Panjo representative who is a forum member and has been working with us to resolve the issues. We never had that kind of support with the old package.

Yes, I did that. I contact a half a dozen fairly large forums who were running Panjo and I basically got a thumbs up from each of those who contacted me.

As for the sort function locking up, it works just fine for me...hasn't locked up that I've seen. If you would specify the type of browser and computer OS you're using, that will help the Panjo folks determine what might be wrong.

Hi,

The locking up issue is most likely being caused by the user of IE9 or even earlier versions of IE. IE9 has been unsupported by major internet companies for over a year now and lacks the advancements necessary to provide a solid experience on the marketplace. While we recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, IE11 or whatever is the most up to date version at the present time will work just as well. The reason we recommend Chrome and Firefox is due to their auto update features that make it easy to stay up to date on technology and security.

Hope this clarifies that point!

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo

I am using W7Pro/IE11/FF32 and iPad iOS 8/Safari. In the last week I have experienced many times when clicking the flea market link in the header of this page failed to load the marketplace after 15 seconds when it just times out and gives you a blank marketplace. Usually before if I clicked the link again it loaded fine (as I have posted before). Not so lately. I have clicked it 3 or 4 times with the same results. This has happened on both devices. Then I choose a different skin (been flipping back and forth between the default and F800GS) and it loads fine. That seems to indicate there are still problems even with current browsers.

I am using W7Pro/IE11/FF32 and iPad iOS 8/Safari. In the last week I have experienced many times when clicking the flea market link in the header of this page failed to load the marketplace after 15 seconds when it just times out and gives you a blank marketplace. Usually before if I clicked the link again it loaded fine (as I have posted before). Not so lately. I have clicked it 3 or 4 times with the same results. This has happened on both devices. Then I choose a different skin (been flipping back and forth between the default and F800GS) and it loads fine. That seems to indicate there are still problems even with current browsers.
Pretty much the same thing happens to me on a variety of machines, Mac and win 7 running Chrome. Even if I open an ad from the forum and try to then click for more details in the market place it is hit or miss of the ad opens.

I've just given up trying tbh.

Hi mikegalbicka,

I'm sorry for all this trouble! Could you clarify what you mean by skin? You mentioned that you switch between the default skin and something called F800GS.

Thanks,
Niko @ Panjo

We have different visual layouts for the forum to choose from with a drop down at the bottom left of the page. This affects mostly the color scheme used from what I can tell. A moderator could confirm this for you. It seems very strange that this would affect the loading of your plug in but I can confirm in practice it seems to for some reason in my tests. Somehow that page refresh is overcoming whatever is causing the failure to load. It may be that the timeout is just too short for all the initial graphics and some are cached in the background by then. Who knows without some in depth testing. The fact is many people with many different configurations of OS/browser continue to have problems getting the marketplace to load when they first click the flea market link and it is not just the older browsers that have this problem.

We have different visual layouts for the forum to choose from with a drop down at the bottom left of the page. This affects mostly the color scheme used from what I can tell. A moderator could confirm this for you. It seems very strange that this would affect the loading of your plug in but I can confirm in practice it seems to for some reason in my tests. Somehow that page refresh is overcoming whatever is causing the failure to load. It may be that the timeout is just too short for all the initial graphics and some are cached in the background by then. Who knows without some in depth testing. The fact is many people with many different configurations of OS/browser continue to have problems getting the marketplace to load when they first click the flea market link and it is not just the older browsers that have this problem.

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know about this! One of our developers is going to look into this compatibility issue and determine the best course of action for solving this problem!

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo

One of our developers is going to look into this compatibility issue and determine the best course of action for solving this problem

It would be great if they could solve it. Problem is it doesn't happen all the time. Today it seems to be loading fine.

Problem is it doesn't happen all the time. Today it seems to be loading fine.

Earlier this morning all was fine. Then just now I clicked the flea market button in the menu above and it timed out and failed to load. I changed from default style to F800GS and it failed again (first time that failed). I switched back to the default style and it failed again. I checked for problems on my end by running speedtests and browsing other sites fine. I clicked the button in the menu again and it loaded. This in the span of about 2 minutes max. IMHO there has to be something on the server side causing this unrelated to the client side.

Good server side suggestions here if interested:
http://www.andygup.net/web-developers-10-ways-to-deal-with-intermittent-connections/

Today, pictures in the Flea Market are not showing up for me.
I checked with Firefox and IE11.

Today, pictures in the Flea Market are not showing up for me.
I checked with Firefox and IE11.

I think the mod is adding many posts today with some generic photo, perhaps to get caught up. If I scroll through I eventually see the pictures for the older posts.

Empty marketplace

I don't see my kind of problem listed here so maybe I'm alone with this problem. I find that both on my computer and on my phone that I can always log into the marketplace but sometimes the marketplace is empty. I'll refresh and it will show all the items for sale. Then I'll click on an item I'm interested in and half the time it goes to an empty marketplace page, then I'll go back the try and again and it shows up. Every search I've tried for my K1600GT comes up empty, even when I'll scroll through and find items related to the bike. Very unreliable viewing and frustrating so I've really stopped looking, it takes a long time to find an item i"m interested in and then I can't see the details on it when I do.

Back