Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cromwell2 View Post
    Sellers should have the option of not including a Buy Now button. I was the one Sal had emailed about my item for sale and I replied but before we could finish our dialog, another buyer hit the Buy Now button. The ad was then removed from the Flea Market. I should have contacted that second buyer to let them know I had a person first in line, but did not because I was kind of confused. Sorry, Sal! In retrospect I should have given you first dibs.

With Craigslist, there is no Buy Now button and eBay does not have a Buy Now button unless the seller wants to sell it that way. It would be nice if this change could be incorporated into Panjo because it really otherwise is a GREAT buy/sell tool. Love that I don't have to shrink my photos anymore and the PMs actually seem to work.

Cromwell
    It is confusing. Not pointing a finger at you. You were caught between a rock and a hard place. I just vented my frustration but I could have very easily been the person that hit the Buy Now button and if you contacted me and said sorry I have another buyer in who was first in line I would be frustrated because if it was not available to buy then why have the button. Just a poor design for the way we, as a group, have done business in the past. I initially did hit the button but then had the "legalese" page pop up indicating that I was entering into an agreement to go forward with the purchase, which I was not prepared to do, so I backed out and sent an email.

This is not Amazon. It is a place for members to conduct transactions with other members.

For me, I will never buy something outright without discussing with the seller. Likewise, I would never agree to sell without talking to the buyer. I want to at least have a feeling for who I am dealing with and rely on that personal interaction, and even email isn't enough for me.

Seller should ALWAYS have control over who he does business with. If an "Offer" button generates a message to the seller, that can open the dialogue, and should be a good thing.

Thanks Niko for your response and efforts to develop the Marketplace to meet the needs of the members.
    Bob Smith
    1998 R1200C
    2005 Rocket III

Hi everyone,

Thank you for this constructive feedback! I have gone ahead and started the dialogue regarding the implementation of an "offer" button or system that would mitigate the issue that has been experienced with a user swooping in and purchasing an item with discussion.

We are going to prototype and beta test this feature and will hopefully have it perfected and implemented into our next big update! Thank you all again for this feedback as this is the type of interaction that really allows us to improve the marketplace and make it a better overall experience.

Best,
    Niko @ Panjo

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    It is confusing. Not pointing a finger at you. You were caught between a rock and a hard place. I just vented my frustration but I could have very easily been the person that hit the Buy Now button and if you contacted me and said sorry I have another buyer in who was first in line I would be frustrated because if it was not available to buy then why have the button. Just a poor design for the way we, as a group, have done business in the past. I initially did hit the button but then had the "legalese" page pop up indicating that I was entering into an agreement to go forward with the purchase, which I was not prepared to do, so I backed out and sent an email.
    Sal,
    I was glad you posted to this thread as it opened up a dialog for making the Flea Market better. Felt no finger pointing, just constructive feedback to those who could make changes.

Nico, another thing I noticed tonight is that there is no way to delete Private Messages (aka Marketplace Messages) from the Panjo Marketplace (Flea Market) window. I was able to go into the Notification dropdown at the top of the Forum page and delete them there, but there is still a red number on the envelope icon in my Panjo Marketplace window. It's very confusing to have ads and PMs show in both the Panjo Marketplace and the forum Flea Market thread. Is there a plan to phase out the thread?
    Cromwell2

'15 R1200RTW
    '04 ED80 Rockster

Quote Originally Posted by Cromwell2 View Post
    Sal,
    I was glad you posted to this thread as it opened up a dialog for making the Flea Market better. Felt no finger pointing, just constructive feedback to those who could make changes.

Nico, another thing I noticed tonight is that there is no way to delete Private Messages (aka Marketplace Messages) from the Panjo Marketplace (Flea Market) window. I was able to go into the Notification dropdown at the top of the Forum page and delete them there, but there is still a red number on the envelope icon in my Panjo Marketplace window. It's very confusing to have ads and PMs show in both the Panjo Marketplace and the forum Flea Market thread. Is there a plan to phase out the thread?
    Hi Cromwell2,

The reason that items show up in the Panjo Marketplace and the Flea Market thread is because it caters to more users. Some users really enjoy using the marketplace itself to search through available listings. On the other hand, some users would rather search through the threads as it is what they are more accustomed to.

Regardless of the way one prefers to browse the marketplace, the creation of a listing is unified in that you can press Sell an Item on the Panjo Marketplace or New Thread on the subforum itself and you are taken to the same create a listing page.

I hope I have sufficiently answered your question about this topic. Please let me know if you have a specific suggestion or feedback regarding this process!

Best,
    Niko @ Panjo

OK, So I listed an item & received an E-Mail from PANJO. I then tried to click on it to reply & got an MOA page that did nothing. I was stumped, not sure how to respond to this person who asked about my item. I don't know if it was something I did, or the PANJO...

Thankfully, I saw his screen name & sent him a note using Notifications. I don't think we need quite the anonymity of E-bay, I would much rather have an e-mail come to me I could then reply directly to, with the prospective buyer's info in it. I sent back my phone # & we went from there.
    John.
    Atwater, CA
    2015 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by jstrube View Post
    OK, So I listed an item & received an E-Mail from PANJO. I then tried to click on it to reply & got an MOA page that did nothing. I was stumped, not sure how to respond to this person who asked about my item. I don't know if it was something I did, or the PANJO...

Thankfully, I saw his screen name & sent him a note using Notifications. I don't think we need quite the anonymity of E-bay, I would much rather have an e-mail come to me I could then reply directly to, with the prospective buyer's info in it. I sent back my phone # & we went from there.

Hello,

Thank you for this feedback! We are currently working on making improvements for the messaging system. So that I have it correct, would you like to be able to simply press reply on the email that Panjo sends you and automatically have you message sent to the recipient?

Please let me know as much detail as possible and I will bring this up with our Product Team.

Best,
    Niko @ Panjo

Actually, I would like to just hit reply on my browser & go straight to the person who sent me the note. I see no reason to go through your system any further, as this is a membership site, I don't mind members contacting me directly. I know on E-bay, you go through the E-bay server to make stuff anonymous, but we are all part of a club here.

As a second option, sure, I would like to go direct with the click of the button in the e-mail. I see no need to complicate things though. If I put another ad up, I will just put my e-mail address in it up front, so no clicking through a site needed.

Thanks for asking.
    John.
    Atwater, CA
    2015 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by jstrube View Post
    Actually, I would like to just hit reply on my browser & go straight to the person who sent me the note. I see no reason to go through your system any further, as this is a membership site, I don't mind members contacting me directly. I know on E-bay, you go through the E-bay server to make stuff anonymous, but we are all part of a club here.

As a second option, sure, I would like to go direct with the click of the button in the e-mail. I see no need to complicate things though. If I put another ad up, I will just put my e-mail address in it up front, so no clicking through a site needed.

Thanks for asking.
    Hi,

Thank you for the quick response! I am going to take this feedback to our Product Team and we will brainstorm the best solution possible for this. Hopefully we can implement this in our next build for you!

Best,
    Niko @ Panjo

I agree with jstrube in that once a member has expressed interest in an item, seller and buyer can take it from there via email or phone. Having a "reply to" button makes the transaction more impersonal.
    Cromwell2

'15 R1200RTW
    '04 ED80 Rockster

Yeah, the "Buy it Now" button feels the same way.

Again, this is MOA, a club of people who often get together, not E-Bay...

The last thing I want is someone buying something from me with a Buy It Now button, sending me money & getting an item without connecting somehow over the phone, etc, making sure it is exactly what they want.

Unless, of course, they are offering a New R nine T for sale for $1000 & I am the first to see it...
    John.
    Atwater, CA
    2015 R1200RT

So, viewing the FM with 24 items per page. The arrows to advance to the next page of 24 doesn't work...what am I doing wrong?
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    So, viewing the FM with 24 items per page. The arrows to advance to the next page of 24 doesn't work...what am I doing wrong?
    Working fine for me on my iPad.

Running Windoze IE11. When I hover over the arrows to advance, in the lower left corner of my screen I see "javascript:void(0);" Do you see that on your iPad?

I tried changing the number displayed to 144...nada...nothing happens.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Running Windoze IE11. When I hover over the arrows to advance, in the lower left corner of my screen I see "javascript:void(0);" Do you see that on your iPad?
    iPad uses Safari browser which is much different. I tried it on my desktop at work using IE11 and have the same problem. In Firefox 32 it is working fine on the same machine. Will let you know if I come up with a fix.