• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread

Yeah, the "Buy it Now" button feels the same way.

Again, this is MOA, a club of people who often get together, not E-Bay...

The last thing I want is someone buying something from me with a Buy It Now button, sending me money & getting an item without connecting somehow over the phone, etc, making sure it is exactly what they want.

Unless, of course, they are offering a New R nine T for sale for $1000 & I am the first to see it...

So, viewing the FM with 24 items per page. The arrows to advance to the next page of 24 doesn't work...what am I doing wrong?

Running Windoze IE11. When I hover over the arrows to advance, in the lower left corner of my screen I see "javascript:void(0);" Do you see that on your iPad?

I tried changing the number displayed to 144...nada...nothing happens.

Running Windoze IE11. When I hover over the arrows to advance, in the lower left corner of my screen I see "javascript:void(0);" Do you see that on your iPad?

iPad uses Safari browser which is much different. I tried it on my desktop at work using IE11 and have the same problem. In Firefox 32 it is working fine on the same machine. Will let you know if I come up with a fix.

Contacted support. They are working on it.

To: mikegalbicka <mikegalbicka@netscape.net>
Sent: Fri, Dec 5, 2014 2:34 pm
Subject: Re: Problems in IE11
Hello,
Thank you for reaching out! My name is Niko, and I look forward to working with you to answer your question or address your concerns.
We are working with your forum administrator today to get this issue resolved. We have released an update to the platform and will be implementing it shortly.
We are excited that you are interested in our marketplace. If you have additional questions now or in the future, please let me know how I can help.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo Support

Contacted support. They are working on it.

To: mikegalbicka <mikegalbicka@netscape.net>
Sent: Fri, Dec 5, 2014 2:34 pm
Subject: Re: Problems in IE11
Hello,
Thank you for reaching out! My name is Niko, and I look forward to working with you to answer your question or address your concerns.
We are working with your forum administrator today to get this issue resolved. We have released an update to the platform and will be implementing it shortly.
We are excited that you are interested in our marketplace. If you have additional questions now or in the future, please let me know how I can help.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo Support

Hi,

Thank you for posting this! I will be sure to check back in with everyone once the issue is fully resolved. Right now, the bug only effects Internet Explorer so forum members using a different browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox should be fine!

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

Now workee on my IE11. Works on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. I get the same "javascript:void(0);" when I hover over the advance arrow in Firefox, so that's not an issue.

Hi everyone,

The issue regarding IE was resolving this morning and an update has been pushed. You should be able to navigate without any issues on IE now.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

Ok, so the shipping calculator is frustrating. Partly me not understanding how it works. I said calculate based on location. Well, it automatically used USPS rates. So, I go and print a UPS label and find it is over twice as much. Thankfully, I was able to figure out that it was figured using USPS. I have something larger to sell and ship. Will it still only direct to USPS? Can I change it?

John -

Niko @ panjo doesn't come around that often...the last time was 4 days ago. You might want to send him an email directly and ask him to review the forum questions to provide input for everyone to see.

Yeah, I would put this out as more of a warning... Don't check "calculate", unless you really understand what it is doing. It is calculating it for you, not letting you calculate your own shipping. Best would be to put Zero & then a note in body telling buyer you will get together to decide shipping. Sometimes USPS is cheaper, sometimes UPS. I shipped an item to someone in CA, UPS was at least $6 cheaper.

Don't check "calculate", unless you really understand what it is doing. It is calculating it for you, not letting you calculate your own shipping. Best would be to put Zero & then a note in body telling buyer you will get together to decide shipping. .

Some ads have a dollar amount for shipping and other show TBD.
If you click calculate does the ad show a dollar amount or TBD.
I'm guessing TBD since the ad needs to wait for a zip code from a buyer :dunno

When posting an ad, does the seller have the options to edit or delete it if you don't like how the ad displays?

Ok, so the shipping calculator is frustrating. Partly me not understanding how it works. I said calculate based on location. Well, it automatically used USPS rates. So, I go and print a UPS label and find it is over twice as much. Thankfully, I was able to figure out that it was figured using USPS. I have something larger to sell and ship. Will it still only direct to USPS? Can I change it?

Hi,

I am very sorry for this confusion! We are actually working on improving our shipping and distribution so that in the future you will be able to simply press a "Print Label" button and you can choose the carrier you would like, have the label printed, and having the shipping cost directly deducted from the total that is going to your Paypal.

This is obviously something that is still in the works and will be available in the future. For now, if you are having trouble with the shipping, we recommend choosing either Flat Rate or Free. With Flat Rate you can basically estimate the total it will cost to ship the item to the most expensive location possible and then offer a partial refund if you feel inclined when a buyer purchases the item and actually lives somewhere cheaper to ship it to. You can also choose free shipping and simply build the shipping into the sale price of the item.

All this being said, I will be receiving daily updates from this thread and will respond whenever anyone posts any questions or feedback!

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

John -

Niko @ panjo doesn't come around that often...the last time was 4 days ago. You might want to send him an email directly and ask him to review the forum questions to provide input for everyone to see.

Hi,

I'm here if you need any help or have any questions! I usually check in when I get a notification is all. I am subscribed to daily updates from this thread so feel free to ask any questions here. I can also be reached at info@panjo.com if you have a question you would like to email to me.

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

Some ads have a dollar amount for shipping and other show TBD.
If you click calculate does the ad show a dollar amount or TBD.
I'm guessing TBD since the ad needs to wait for a zip code from a buyer :dunno

When posting an ad, does the seller have the options to edit or delete it if you don't like how the ad displays?

Hi,

After posting a listing, the seller can go in and edit or delete the listing as much as they want. All they have to do is go to 'Marketplace Tools' and manage their listings from there.

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

Niko, so let's take mine for example. I sold 2 items. One, the customer sent me an e-mail, told me where he lived & I figured shipping & sent him a total, he had asked if I would take less & I would. The second, the customer just hit the buy it now, put in his ZIP, then sent me money. I went to my UPS site, because I normally use UPS, just was easier, found shipping was more than what I was sent...

THEN, I investigated why... I figured it using USPS, and it was less. Now, I want to give the buyer a good deal, but I am not going to check 3 shippers for a small item.

I guess what I thought Shipping will be figured at sale meant was that we would have an interaction, talk about shipping options, then I would give a shipping price... Wasn't prepped for the automatic version.

Again, I'll say it again... This isn't E-bay... I feel better actually talking to Guy A, finding out where he wanted it shipped & how, VS> Guy B, where it was a more sterile sale. I felt like Amazon...

Plus, some people don't want you to use one carrier for whatever reason... I feel this should be discussed...

I'll do a FREE with a disclaimer in the body of the text next time, especially since I have some larger items to ship, like a seat & windscreen...

Niko, so let's take mine for example. I sold 2 items. One, the customer sent me an e-mail, told me where he lived & I figured shipping & sent him a total, he had asked if I would take less & I would. The second, the customer just hit the buy it now, put in his ZIP, then sent me money. I went to my UPS site, because I normally use UPS, just was easier, found shipping was more than what I was sent...

THEN, I investigated why... I figured it using USPS, and it was less. Now, I want to give the buyer a good deal, but I am not going to check 3 shippers for a small item.

I guess what I thought Shipping will be figured at sale meant was that we would have an interaction, talk about shipping options, then I would give a shipping price... Wasn't prepped for the automatic version.

Again, I'll say it again... This isn't E-bay... I feel better actually talking to Guy A, finding out where he wanted it shipped & how, VS> Guy B, where it was a more sterile sale. I felt like Amazon...

Plus, some people don't want you to use one carrier for whatever reason... I feel this should be discussed...

I'll do a FREE with a disclaimer in the body of the text next time, especially since I have some larger items to ship, like a seat & windscreen...

Hi,

We completely agree with everything you have brought up! We are working on many of the features you have discussed. Here is a quick run down of what is going on inside Panjo right now.

We are working on integrating a make offer button. Many marketplace users have voiced their opinions and the Buy Now button will be discontinued shortly. Instead, you will be able to message a seller with an offer. The seller can then message you back and give a counter offer. This can continuously happen until an agreed upon price/shipping arrangement is created. The seller will no longer have the situation of Buyer A messages about the item, then Buyer B presses buy now and the transaction automatically occurs.

We completely agree that Panjo needs to be more about community exchange rather than the typical ecommerce platform.

Lastly, we are working to integrate shipping in a simpler and more effective way. We realize that many people prefer one service to another and want all options available and accounted for. This is in the works, but is not as far along as the Buy Now replacement due to its increased complexity.

If you want instant updates, you can also follow our blog to see new features as they roll out: http://panjo-marketplace.blogspot.com/

Thanks again for all this feedback and for using the marketplace!

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

Back