• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread

OK, I see what you're talking about. It would seem that the seller should honor things from a "first come-first served" basis. If you had a PM in first with its time stamp, seems to me that you should have your question answered prior to decisions to take money from someone else. But I guess in the "real world", if you call about a craigslist bike and someone else shows up with money in hand before you get there, unless you were promised something, I guess the cash wins. :dunno

Buy It Now Button

Sellers should have the option of not including a Buy Now button. I was the one Sal had emailed about my item for sale and I replied but before we could finish our dialog, another buyer hit the Buy Now button. The ad was then removed from the Flea Market. I should have contacted that second buyer to let them know I had a person first in line, but did not because I was kind of confused. Sorry, Sal! In retrospect I should have given you first dibs.

With Craigslist, there is no Buy Now button and eBay does not have a Buy Now button unless the seller wants to sell it that way. It would be nice if this change could be incorporated into Panjo because it really otherwise is a GREAT buy/sell tool. Love that I don't have to shrink my photos anymore and the PMs actually seem to work.

Cromwell

I was wondering what the "Buy It Now" button actually does. It seems like it is incorporated in every ad.

Does it only remove the ad from the Marketplace and send a message to the seller? It can't possibly create a transaction without the seller's consent. Is that part of the terms when posting an ad? What is the obligation of seller and buyer?

Seller should be able to opt out of this feature.

I might be putting something up soon and am curious to find out from buyers and sellers who have completed transactions.

Niko
I noticed some of the Panjo ads are not showing as a new thread.
A few I noticed were two different NAV IV GPS units, a Zumo 550 GPS and a SW-MOTECH tankbag.

Edit: I see one of the Nav IV is showing in the forum now.
Still not showing is a Nav IV posted by Jabushue on 11-27
Zumo 550 posted by tmwilmotte on 11-25
BMW Zumo posted by Kemozeep 12-02

Last edited:
Marketplace:

Hello everyone!

My name is Niko and I'm the Community Manager here at Panjo. I am here if you need any help or have any feedback regarding the new marketplace.

What do you like about the marketplace? What do you dislike about the marketplace? What features do you think need to be added that can improve the marketplace?

I can be reached here on this thread or directly at info@panjo.com.

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo Support

It was working fine, then I was having trouble advancing to next page. Now it is totally inoperative.

Niko
I noticed some of the Panjo ads are not showing as a new thread.
A few I noticed were two different NAV IV GPS units, a Zumo 550 GPS and a SW-MOTECH tankbag.

Edit: I see one of the Nav IV is showing in the forum now.
Still not showing is a Nav IV posted by Jabushue on 11-27
Zumo 550 posted by tmwilmotte on 11-25
BMW Zumo posted by Kemozeep 12-02

Hello,

I have gone ahead and manually updated those listings. We should have a fix for the thread creation issue out shortly!

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

I was wondering what the "Buy It Now" button actually does. It seems like it is incorporated in every ad.

Does it only remove the ad from the Marketplace and send a message to the seller? It can't possibly create a transaction without the seller's consent. Is that part of the terms when posting an ad? What is the obligation of seller and buyer?

Seller should be able to opt out of this feature.

I might be putting something up soon and am curious to find out from buyers and sellers who have completed transactions.

Hi,

The Buy Now button works just how it sounds. Think of it like Amazon or any other online marketplace. When you press buy now, if the transaction is organized using Paypal, funds are held, the seller confirms the shipment, and funds are disbursed.

If the Buy Now button is pressed without Paypal being used, the seller is then responsible for collecting the payment and shipping the item.

Would you rather not have this sort of feature? Would you like an "offer" button that would allow you to discuss the sale before the transaction occurs without risk of another user purchasing the item?

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

An offer button would be ideal. It's nice to be able to discuss the item to make sure it's what the buyer is looking for. And a button for the seller to mark the item sold.

Bobs98 here is my experience as a seller:
When setting up the ad, there was only the choice for a Buy Now button, nothing else. I then had two choices- give my Paypal information which would bring up a Paypal invoice when the Buy Now button was selected. If I chose not to enter my Paypal information, I'd receive an email when someone hit Buy Now telling me the item was sold and to arrange payment on my own.

The first person emailed me because I provided my email address in the ad. The second buyer hit the Buy Now button and the ad with pictures was removed from the Flea Market, although the thread remained in the Forum and was marked as Sold.

Niko, thanks for your assistance.

Hi,

The Buy Now button works just how it sounds. Think of it like Amazon or any other online marketplace. When you press buy now, if the transaction is organized using Paypal, funds are held, the seller confirms the shipment, and funds are disbursed.

If the Buy Now button is pressed without Paypal being used, the seller is then responsible for collecting the payment and shipping the item.

Would you rather not have this sort of feature? Would you like an "offer" button that would allow you to discuss the sale before the transaction occurs without risk of another user purchasing the item?

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

The way I looke at this is this is not EBay. I do not want a Buy It Now button at all. An offer button would be ok. The buyer could click I but the seller has over all control if the buyer backs out.

Don

Sellers should have the option of not including a Buy Now button. I was the one Sal had emailed about my item for sale and I replied but before we could finish our dialog, another buyer hit the Buy Now button. The ad was then removed from the Flea Market. I should have contacted that second buyer to let them know I had a person first in line, but did not because I was kind of confused. Sorry, Sal! In retrospect I should have given you first dibs.

With Craigslist, there is no Buy Now button and eBay does not have a Buy Now button unless the seller wants to sell it that way. It would be nice if this change could be incorporated into Panjo because it really otherwise is a GREAT buy/sell tool. Love that I don't have to shrink my photos anymore and the PMs actually seem to work.

Cromwell

It is confusing. Not pointing a finger at you. You were caught between a rock and a hard place. I just vented my frustration but I could have very easily been the person that hit the Buy Now button and if you contacted me and said sorry I have another buyer in who was first in line I would be frustrated because if it was not available to buy then why have the button. Just a poor design for the way we, as a group, have done business in the past. I initially did hit the button but then had the "legalese" page pop up indicating that I was entering into an agreement to go forward with the purchase, which I was not prepared to do, so I backed out and sent an email.

This is not Amazon. It is a place for members to conduct transactions with other members.

For me, I will never buy something outright without discussing with the seller. Likewise, I would never agree to sell without talking to the buyer. I want to at least have a feeling for who I am dealing with and rely on that personal interaction, and even email isn't enough for me.

Seller should ALWAYS have control over who he does business with. If an "Offer" button generates a message to the seller, that can open the dialogue, and should be a good thing.

Thanks Niko for your response and efforts to develop the Marketplace to meet the needs of the members.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for this constructive feedback! I have gone ahead and started the dialogue regarding the implementation of an "offer" button or system that would mitigate the issue that has been experienced with a user swooping in and purchasing an item with discussion.

We are going to prototype and beta test this feature and will hopefully have it perfected and implemented into our next big update! Thank you all again for this feedback as this is the type of interaction that really allows us to improve the marketplace and make it a better overall experience.

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

It is confusing. Not pointing a finger at you. You were caught between a rock and a hard place. I just vented my frustration but I could have very easily been the person that hit the Buy Now button and if you contacted me and said sorry I have another buyer in who was first in line I would be frustrated because if it was not available to buy then why have the button. Just a poor design for the way we, as a group, have done business in the past. I initially did hit the button but then had the "legalese" page pop up indicating that I was entering into an agreement to go forward with the purchase, which I was not prepared to do, so I backed out and sent an email.

Sal,
I was glad you posted to this thread as it opened up a dialog for making the Flea Market better. Felt no finger pointing, just constructive feedback to those who could make changes.

Nico, another thing I noticed tonight is that there is no way to delete Private Messages (aka Marketplace Messages) from the Panjo Marketplace (Flea Market) window. I was able to go into the Notification dropdown at the top of the Forum page and delete them there, but there is still a red number on the envelope icon in my Panjo Marketplace window. It's very confusing to have ads and PMs show in both the Panjo Marketplace and the forum Flea Market thread. Is there a plan to phase out the thread?

Sal,
I was glad you posted to this thread as it opened up a dialog for making the Flea Market better. Felt no finger pointing, just constructive feedback to those who could make changes.

Nico, another thing I noticed tonight is that there is no way to delete Private Messages (aka Marketplace Messages) from the Panjo Marketplace (Flea Market) window. I was able to go into the Notification dropdown at the top of the Forum page and delete them there, but there is still a red number on the envelope icon in my Panjo Marketplace window. It's very confusing to have ads and PMs show in both the Panjo Marketplace and the forum Flea Market thread. Is there a plan to phase out the thread?

Hi Cromwell2,

The reason that items show up in the Panjo Marketplace and the Flea Market thread is because it caters to more users. Some users really enjoy using the marketplace itself to search through available listings. On the other hand, some users would rather search through the threads as it is what they are more accustomed to.

Regardless of the way one prefers to browse the marketplace, the creation of a listing is unified in that you can press Sell an Item on the Panjo Marketplace or New Thread on the subforum itself and you are taken to the same create a listing page.

I hope I have sufficiently answered your question about this topic. Please let me know if you have a specific suggestion or feedback regarding this process!

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

OK, So I listed an item & received an E-Mail from PANJO. I then tried to click on it to reply & got an MOA page that did nothing. I was stumped, not sure how to respond to this person who asked about my item. I don't know if it was something I did, or the PANJO...

Thankfully, I saw his screen name & sent him a note using Notifications. I don't think we need quite the anonymity of E-bay, I would much rather have an e-mail come to me I could then reply directly to, with the prospective buyer's info in it. I sent back my phone # & we went from there.

OK, So I listed an item & received an E-Mail from PANJO. I then tried to click on it to reply & got an MOA page that did nothing. I was stumped, not sure how to respond to this person who asked about my item. I don't know if it was something I did, or the PANJO...

Thankfully, I saw his screen name & sent him a note using Notifications. I don't think we need quite the anonymity of E-bay, I would much rather have an e-mail come to me I could then reply directly to, with the prospective buyer's info in it. I sent back my phone # & we went from there.

Hello,

Thank you for this feedback! We are currently working on making improvements for the messaging system. So that I have it correct, would you like to be able to simply press reply on the email that Panjo sends you and automatically have you message sent to the recipient?

Please let me know as much detail as possible and I will bring this up with our Product Team.

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

Actually, I would like to just hit reply on my browser & go straight to the person who sent me the note. I see no reason to go through your system any further, as this is a membership site, I don't mind members contacting me directly. I know on E-bay, you go through the E-bay server to make stuff anonymous, but we are all part of a club here.

As a second option, sure, I would like to go direct with the click of the button in the e-mail. I see no need to complicate things though. If I put another ad up, I will just put my e-mail address in it up front, so no clicking through a site needed.

Thanks for asking.

Actually, I would like to just hit reply on my browser & go straight to the person who sent me the note. I see no reason to go through your system any further, as this is a membership site, I don't mind members contacting me directly. I know on E-bay, you go through the E-bay server to make stuff anonymous, but we are all part of a club here.

As a second option, sure, I would like to go direct with the click of the button in the e-mail. I see no need to complicate things though. If I put another ad up, I will just put my e-mail address in it up front, so no clicking through a site needed.

Thanks for asking.

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response! I am going to take this feedback to our Product Team and we will brainstorm the best solution possible for this. Hopefully we can implement this in our next build for you!

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

I agree with jstrube in that once a member has expressed interest in an item, seller and buyer can take it from there via email or phone. Having a "reply to" button makes the transaction more impersonal.

Back