• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread

Marketplace is not loading again!

So, by not loading you're getting an empty screen after waiting for the page to download?

Hmmm...just tried it and it was OK although it took 10-15 seconds for the screen to update. I've been having general issues with internet traffic and accessing other websites, so I just chalked it up to that.

Not sure this is a Panjo problem, but when I click on the "Motorcycles for Sale " section of the "Member Marketplace" in the regular forum, seven of the first 10 ads are for parts and accessories.

Are these ads getting filtered to the wrong section or are members posting to the wrong section? These misplaced ads are needlessly bumping the actual bikes for sale ads to the bottom or off the first page.

This is a function of items being listed in the wrong categories. We have to go in and clean those up periodically.

Ted

k12lts -

Sounds like you are viewing ads in the forum area rather than looking in the Panjo marketplace at the top of the forum. The in-forum area is not necessarily in the same fine detail in terms of categories at the actual marketplace. So, some of these items end up being lumped together. The in-forum area is really there for on-going conversations with the seller. Typically, when you view an ad in the actual marketplace, there will be a link at the bottom that's says "See what people are saying about this item...". Clicking a link takes you to the in-forum discussion area.

So, just going to the in-forum area and browsing is not really the intention of that...it's meant to hold the postings between buyer and seller.

But your point is understood...if it become necessary, then additional in-forum areas can be created.

Thanks...

Thanks for the explanation.

Very slow today, and when I click on a picture to see more about an item, the screen says there's a problem and a ticket has been filed. Same result with 2 other items.

Using my laptop and Chrome. Entering through the Marketplace.

Voni

Just wanted to alert everyone that we are experiencing a major traffic surge today (resulting from an article on MSN) that is overloading our servers. We are working as quickly as possible to deal with it, but there will likely be performance issues in the meantime.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience!

Just wanted to alert everyone that we are experiencing a major traffic surge today (resulting from an article on MSN) that is overloading our servers. We are working as quickly as possible to deal with it, but there will likely be performance issues in the meantime.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks for the update. That explains it and glad it isn't that new server as I am sure Ted is also.

Just went in today at 2:20pm to mark one of my ads sold and closed. This was from at work on an excellent net connection, and Panjo was very quick and responsive. I hope this becomes the new norm! And, as I've said before, I hope this means there will be time to look at some of the organizational/structural matters that members have brought up (paypal, shipping selections, etc.) Definitely appreciate the performance change, tho!:clap

Best,

DG

Very slow today, and when I click on a picture to see more about an item, the screen says there's a problem and a ticket has been filed. Same result with 2 other items.

Using my laptop and Chrome. Entering through the Marketplace.

Voni

Traffic must be the issue, we have been turtle slow on HughesNet all day. Seems everyone is home and on the net!
was wondering if I needed to chip the ice off our dish:banghead

Traffic must be the issue, we have been turtle slow on HughesNet all day. Seems everyone is home and on the net!
was wondering if I needed to chip the ice off our dish:banghead

No. Traffic wasn't the issue as everything else loaded quickly.

Just Panjo.

Tonight it's working like it should

EXCEPT

when I use a back to the previous page it puts me way back to the beginning of my search instead of popping me back where I clicked on an item.

Voni

1) How about fixing the shipping options to include "calculated at cost" or "extra"
It is ridiculous to suggest a blanket shipping cost to cover shipping any place in the US, especially for heavier and bulky parts.
What about Canadian members selling? It makes a big difference.
I don't care for the direct link to Paypal as Panjo is not the only site that my stuff is listed on, I want the need the control to deal with first come first served. Judging from ads I have seen on other sites I think I speak for others as well.

2) Posted selling price should show the currency requested. Panjo asks when the ad is entered.

3) I went to edit an ad today and after editing could not update unless I direct linked to Paypal. I did not want to do so, I wanted to collect payment on my own - that option was not given so my ad remains unedited. Please fix this as well.

1) How about fixing the shipping options to include "calculated at cost" or "extra"
It is ridiculous to suggest a blanket shipping cost to cover shipping any place in the US, especially for heavier and bulky parts.
What about Canadian members selling? It makes a big difference.
I don't care for the direct link to Paypal as Panjo is not the only site that my stuff is listed on, I want the need the control to deal with first come first served. Judging from ads I have seen on other sites I think I speak for others as well.

2) Posted selling price should show the currency requested. Panjo asks when the ad is entered.

3) I went to edit an ad today and after editing could not update unless I direct linked to Paypal. I did not want to do so, I wanted to collect payment on my own - that option was not given so my ad remains unedited. Please fix this as well.

A couple answers to some of your issues:

1) Thank you for the suggestion. We're currently evaluating new shipping options to cover more unique scenarios. This is valuable feedback that I can pass to our product team to help them flesh this feature out further.

3) We are aware of a bug that is causing this problem for users who have not connected PayPal accounts. We are currently working on a fix for this issue. Temporarily, you can circumvent this issue by clicking "Use PayPal Checkout" then clicking on "Collect Payment on my Own" again. We're very sorry for the inconvenience.

new problem never noticed before

When you browse for sold items they do not display the items in the order sold starting with the most recent. I thought they used to and IMHO they should. Also often you do not see a full pane of 24 items on the first page of sold items and sometimes on the next few as you page forward. But if you page backward all 24 usually show up.

Although the Panjo marketplace now loads and runs quickly which is nice there are still bugs and usability issues that make it frustrating.
- Setting the 24 items per page to 48 items per page works once. After you go back to the main page you are back to 24 again. It's not persistent.
- After ten minutes of browsing the ad photos at the bottom of the page (Chrome browser) are cut off.
- After viewing a specific ad and using the back button, instead of being returned to the page of ads you were browsing you get kicked back to page one. This requires clicking through several pages of ads to get back to where you were. Again, this happens after ten minutes of browsing. So someone quickly testing this might go what is he talking about. Keep browsing...

I've more or less given up on this thing and do most of my shopping on ADVRider. If I look at stuff here I use the forum listing interface. Maybe not as much functionality and fancy photos but less frustrating.

Although the Panjo marketplace now loads and runs quickly which is nice there are still bugs and usability issues that make it frustrating.
- Setting the 24 items per page to 48 items per page works once. After you go back to the main page you are back to 24 again. It's not persistent.
- After ten minutes of browsing the ad photos at the bottom of the page (Chrome browser) are cut off.
- After viewing a specific ad and using the back button, instead of being returned to the page of ads you were browsing you get kicked back to page one. This requires clicking through several pages of ads to get back to where you were. Again, this happens after ten minutes of browsing. So someone quickly testing this might go what is he talking about. Keep browsing...

I've more or less given up on this thing and do most of my shopping on ADVRider. If I look at stuff here I use the forum listing interface. Maybe not as much functionality and fancy photos but less frustrating.

Very sorry for the issues. The item count should be persistent. I also was not aware of the issue with the ad photos being cut off. I will look into the issues you're describing.

I also have problem with items being cut off. The most frustrating problem is that when you are scrolling through items in a sorted category, if you click on an item to inspect it and then hit the back button, you don't go back to your sorted category. You end up back at the entry-level screen and have to do a sort and search all over again.

Also, there is no option to do a "key word" sort or search within a category.

Get the cut off too.

When I use my Linux PC all I can do is access the page.

No editing or reviewing my ads
No choice of # of items per page
No sorting.
Basically all I can do is look at the ads on that page.
None of the "buttons" work.

We released a fix for the "cut off" issue today. Let us know if you are still having that issue. (One javascript was loading before another)

We will prioritize those persistence issues. We agree. That behavior is crazy annoying.

Get the cut off too.

When I use my Linux PC all I can do is access the page.

No editing or reviewing my ads
No choice of # of items per page
No sorting.
Basically all I can do is look at the ads on that page.
None of the "buttons" work.

What browser are you using on that Linux PC?

Back