• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread

panjo

Panjo Admin
Hello everyone!

My name is Niko and I'm the Community Manager here at Panjo. I am here if you need any help or have any feedback regarding the new marketplace.

What do you like about the marketplace? What do you dislike about the marketplace? What features do you think need to be added that can improve the marketplace?

I can be reached here on this thread or directly at info@panjo.com.

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo Support

It would be nice to have a user setting to enable/disable seeing marketplace items show up as new posts according to your personal preference. Also a user preference to enable/disable seeing photos when browsing the marketplace before selecting individual items.

It would be nice to have a user setting to enable/disable seeing marketplace items show up as new posts according to your personal preference. Also a user preference to enable/disable seeing photos when browsing the marketplace before selecting individual items.

I agree with Mike. Viewing the Forum's "new posts" should (at the user's election) not include new Marketplace items.

Hmmm...

Kurt told me yesterday that the influx of marketplace ads would slow down when Ted (and whoever might be working with him) finished moving all the old Flea Market ads into Panjo. Since posting the above earlier today, there are now no new marketplace ads showing up when I click the "New Posts" button.

It would be nice to have a user setting to enable/disable seeing marketplace items show up as new posts according to your personal preference.

In most cases only a forum admin can do this. I would be surprised if Panjo can change forum New Post settings.

In most cases only a forum admin can do this. I would be surprised if Panjo can change forum New Post settings.

I don't expect Panjo can and I do agree it is probably in the hands of the forum admin. But if enough users agree than I would expect Niko would make sure this feedback gets to the forum admin for his consideration.

I don't expect Panjo can and I do agree it is probably in the hands of the forum admin. But if enough users agree than I would expect Niko would make sure this feedback gets to the forum admin for his consideration.

I actually like the ads showing with New Posts.

I haven't seen a place to modify what is shown in New Posts. But even if I could, I see both sides of the issue. Some don't want to see the new ads (I'm kind of in that category) but others think it is OK as it lets them see what is going on in the Flea Market. In a way, it brings more people into the marketplace and this new feature. So I suspect there is a split agenda about which way to go.

I still think that this will slow down over time once all of the older ads are repopulated.

I believe I could do it- but done from the forum side of things would be ugly and those who didn't want to see the ads- would not- ever :eek
Selective viewing on the forum is generally not easy to keep the membership satisfied with. If any of you remember our having the Oilheads forum not visible unless you were logged in created an uproar that was kinda ugly.
Perhaps Panjo has something, but I doubt it. Sure there will been a page at a time while the old ads are brought over, you will see them on your first return when you hit new posts......but then they will be gone after the forum goes through a "refresh" time.
Skip over them if it bugs ya, who knows though, a pass through the F/M may find just what you have been thinking about.
OM

Which is why my suggestions were "user selectable preferences". So the user can get the look they want. While this may not be doable at the moment this is the type of user feedback that needs to get to the developers. That is how code changes over time. Users ask, highest desired features get voted in and coders are tasked to make the changes in the program.

Hey everyone,

The reason for the big influx of threads being created in the new post area is due to the porting over of existing listings to the new marketplace. This usually happens when a forum implements Panjo for the first time but should not last long. You'll notice that many of these new listings on Panjo are made by an administrator as several users have no entered the marketplace before and have not connected their accounts.

Also, thank you for pointing me to that thread. I will jump in there in a second to provide any help I can.

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo

Which is why my suggestions were "user selectable preferences". So the user can get the look they want. While this may not be doable at the moment this is the type of user feedback that needs to get to the developers. That is how code changes over time. Users ask, highest desired features get voted in and coders are tasked to make the changes in the program.
OK, I know what what you are saying....Waaaay back when, a really talented member of the forum (from what I understand) is the person the built the old flea market. It worked good and seemed to be reasonably trouble free through the 3. series of VB. Each upgrade seemed more troublesome as the code was altered to create the old F/M.
We seem to be getting back on track to upgrades that work as designed when we have to do an upgrade. Again, Panjo was written specifically for VB and therefore is not supposed to make an upgrade a nightmare- we were down for two weeks when we made the jump up some 6 spots to get caught up. I really doubt that the template for the user settings will be changed (if possible) for the forum.
VB is a software package and it's setup is customizable, cracking into the code, looking for hooks, keeping track of who did what when- it ain't easy :D
OM

Some light reading-
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...p-grade-Flea-Market-changes-Security-Warnings

I personally like seeing the marketplace adds when viewing new posts.

It seems pretty easy....if it doesn't interest you.... don't look.

Ken

OM, I would never condone custom programming. As a previous coder 25 years ago who used to do that I fully understand those implications and the nightmare they cause over time. I am talking about properly planned and scheduled changes in features brought about by vBulletin and their partners like Panjo.

OM, I would never condone custom programming. As a previous coder 25 years ago who used to do that I fully understand those implications and the nightmare they cause over time. I am talking about properly planned and scheduled changes in features brought about by vBulletin and their partners like Panjo.
:thumb VB has changed over the time I've been messin' with it and some of the older features like an Underline in a Hyperlink automatically I found helpful. With the standard "skin" I still find it anemic and it seems the fact it is a link is missed by someone reading a post that has an embedded link- without something to draw their attention to it.
I used to like to "pick off" a PNG but it would seem they are no long carried through the program. I'm sure there are reasons, probably marketing, functionality and security that keep it changing. I still think all the way around, VB is the best of the forum packages.
Hopefully the integration of Panjo meets or even exceeds the members needs for a flea market program.
OM

In the past one could post "pm sent" or something to that matter and have a conversation with the poster but essentially be first in line to buy the item. Now with the buy now button that opportunity has gone by the wayside.
Any way to have the option of being on hold or something?
Sorry but not happy with the change

Sal -

You can still send that person a PM. Find the member's username in the forum community by click on Community > Member List and search for them. You'll have to hope that person is familiar with the PM system and sees the message waiting for them at the top of the screen. There is also a Message Seller button.

P
Sal -

You can still send that person a PM. Find the member's username in the forum community by click on Community > Member List and search for them. You'll have to hope that person is familiar with the PM system and sees the message waiting for them at the top of the screen. There is also a Message Seller button.

Kurt,
Thanks for the reply. I should have been more specific.
I reply to the post "pm sent" , send the poster a pm asking questions regarding the item. While I am waiting for a response another member replies to the post saying "next in line" or something to that effect. As I am working out details with the seller someone hits the "buy now" button and even though the product is what I am looking for I have lost another item.
I understand it is like eBay but that takes away one of the things I liked about the the flea market, as well as other forum markets. If I hit "buy now" then decide it is not what I wanted I am locked into an agreement to buy, but it seems like that is the only way to "hold" an item while conversing with the seller. I have not seen the sellers side so I do not know what the stipulation is when someone hits the "buy now" button. Maybe they don't get the legalese stipulating they have to sell etc.

Last edited:
Back