Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    OM, I would never condone custom programming. As a previous coder 25 years ago who used to do that I fully understand those implications and the nightmare they cause over time. I am talking about properly planned and scheduled changes in features brought about by vBulletin and their partners like Panjo.
    VB has changed over the time I've been messin' with it and some of the older features like an Underline in a Hyperlink automatically I found helpful. With the standard "skin" I still find it anemic and it seems the fact it is a link is missed by someone reading a post that has an embedded link- without something to draw their attention to it.
    I used to like to "pick off" a PNG but it would seem they are no long carried through the program. I'm sure there are reasons, probably marketing, functionality and security that keep it changing. I still think all the way around, VB is the best of the forum packages.
    Hopefully the integration of Panjo meets or even exceeds the members needs for a flea market program.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Nico -

Could you comment on this member's post about the use of pictures in the Flea Market ads:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....l=1#post965224
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

In the past one could post "pm sent" or something to that matter and have a conversation with the poster but essentially be first in line to buy the item. Now with the buy now button that opportunity has gone by the wayside.
    Any way to have the option of being on hold or something?
    Sorry but not happy with the change

Sal -

You can still send that person a PM. Find the member's username in the forum community by click on Community > Member List and search for them. You'll have to hope that person is familiar with the PM system and sees the message waiting for them at the top of the screen. There is also a Message Seller button.
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

P
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Sal -

You can still send that person a PM. Find the member's username in the forum community by click on Community > Member List and search for them. You'll have to hope that person is familiar with the PM system and sees the message waiting for them at the top of the screen. There is also a Message Seller button.
    Kurt,
    Thanks for the reply. I should have been more specific.
    I reply to the post "pm sent" , send the poster a pm asking questions regarding the item. While I am waiting for a response another member replies to the post saying "next in line" or something to that effect. As I am working out details with the seller someone hits the "buy now" button and even though the product is what I am looking for I have lost another item.
    I understand it is like eBay but that takes away one of the things I liked about the the flea market, as well as other forum markets. If I hit "buy now" then decide it is not what I wanted I am locked into an agreement to buy, but it seems like that is the only way to "hold" an item while conversing with the seller. I have not seen the sellers side so I do not know what the stipulation is when someone hits the "buy now" button. Maybe they don't get the legalese stipulating they have to sell etc.
    Last edited by sal; 12-01-2014 at 08:23 PM.

OK, I see what you're talking about. It would seem that the seller should honor things from a "first come-first served" basis. If you had a PM in first with its time stamp, seems to me that you should have your question answered prior to decisions to take money from someone else. But I guess in the "real world", if you call about a craigslist bike and someone else shows up with money in hand before you get there, unless you were promised something, I guess the cash wins.

Buy It Now Button

Sellers should have the option of not including a Buy Now button. I was the one Sal had emailed about my item for sale and I replied but before we could finish our dialog, another buyer hit the Buy Now button. The ad was then removed from the Flea Market. I should have contacted that second buyer to let them know I had a person first in line, but did not because I was kind of confused. Sorry, Sal! In retrospect I should have given you first dibs.

With Craigslist, there is no Buy Now button and eBay does not have a Buy Now button unless the seller wants to sell it that way. It would be nice if this change could be incorporated into Panjo because it really otherwise is a GREAT buy/sell tool. Love that I don't have to shrink my photos anymore and the PMs actually seem to work.

Cromwell
    Cromwell2

'15 R1200RTW
    '04 ED80 Rockster

I was wondering what the "Buy It Now" button actually does. It seems like it is incorporated in every ad.

Does it only remove the ad from the Marketplace and send a message to the seller? It can't possibly create a transaction without the seller's consent. Is that part of the terms when posting an ad? What is the obligation of seller and buyer?

Seller should be able to opt out of this feature.

I might be putting something up soon and am curious to find out from buyers and sellers who have completed transactions.
    Bob Smith
    1998 R1200C
    2005 Rocket III

Niko
    I noticed some of the Panjo ads are not showing as a new thread.
    A few I noticed were two different NAV IV GPS units, a Zumo 550 GPS and a SW-MOTECH tankbag.

Edit: I see one of the Nav IV is showing in the forum now.
    Still not showing is a Nav IV posted by Jabushue on 11-27
    Zumo 550 posted by tmwilmotte on 11-25
    BMW Zumo posted by Kemozeep 12-02
    Last edited by Lee; 12-02-2014 at 07:22 PM.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

gpbiker

Marketplace:

Quote Originally Posted by panjo View Post
    Hello everyone!

My name is Niko and I'm the Community Manager here at Panjo. I am here if you need any help or have any feedback regarding the new marketplace.

What do you like about the marketplace? What do you dislike about the marketplace? What features do you think need to be added that can improve the marketplace?

I can be reached here on this thread or directly at info@panjo.com.

Sincerely,
    Niko @ Panjo Support
    It was working fine, then I was having trouble advancing to next page. Now it is totally inoperative.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Niko
    I noticed some of the Panjo ads are not showing as a new thread.
    A few I noticed were two different NAV IV GPS units, a Zumo 550 GPS and a SW-MOTECH tankbag.

Edit: I see one of the Nav IV is showing in the forum now.
    Still not showing is a Nav IV posted by Jabushue on 11-27
    Zumo 550 posted by tmwilmotte on 11-25
    BMW Zumo posted by Kemozeep 12-02

Hello,

I have gone ahead and manually updated those listings. We should have a fix for the thread creation issue out shortly!

Best,
    Niko @ Panjo

Hello,

I have gone ahead and manually updated those listings. We should have a fix for the thread creation issue out shortly!

Best,
    Niko @ Panjo
    Thank you.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by bobs98 View Post
    I was wondering what the "Buy It Now" button actually does. It seems like it is incorporated in every ad.

Does it only remove the ad from the Marketplace and send a message to the seller? It can't possibly create a transaction without the seller's consent. Is that part of the terms when posting an ad? What is the obligation of seller and buyer?

Seller should be able to opt out of this feature.

I might be putting something up soon and am curious to find out from buyers and sellers who have completed transactions.
    Hi,

The Buy Now button works just how it sounds. Think of it like Amazon or any other online marketplace. When you press buy now, if the transaction is organized using Paypal, funds are held, the seller confirms the shipment, and funds are disbursed.

If the Buy Now button is pressed without Paypal being used, the seller is then responsible for collecting the payment and shipping the item.

Would you rather not have this sort of feature? Would you like an "offer" button that would allow you to discuss the sale before the transaction occurs without risk of another user purchasing the item?

Best,
    Niko @ Panjo

An offer button would be ideal. It's nice to be able to discuss the item to make sure it's what the buyer is looking for. And a button for the seller to mark the item sold.

Bobs98 here is my experience as a seller:
    When setting up the ad, there was only the choice for a Buy Now button, nothing else. I then had two choices- give my Paypal information which would bring up a Paypal invoice when the Buy Now button was selected. If I chose not to enter my Paypal information, I'd receive an email when someone hit Buy Now telling me the item was sold and to arrange payment on my own.

The first person emailed me because I provided my email address in the ad. The second buyer hit the Buy Now button and the ad with pictures was removed from the Flea Market, although the thread remained in the Forum and was marked as Sold.

Niko, thanks for your assistance.
    Cromwell2

'15 R1200RTW
    '04 ED80 Rockster

Hi,

The Buy Now button works just how it sounds. Think of it like Amazon or any other online marketplace. When you press buy now, if the transaction is organized using Paypal, funds are held, the seller confirms the shipment, and funds are disbursed.

If the Buy Now button is pressed without Paypal being used, the seller is then responsible for collecting the payment and shipping the item.

Would you rather not have this sort of feature? Would you like an "offer" button that would allow you to discuss the sale before the transaction occurs without risk of another user purchasing the item?

Best,
    Niko @ Panjo
    The way I looke at this is this is not EBay. I do not want a Buy It Now button at all. An offer button would be ok. The buyer could click I but the seller has over all control if the buyer backs out.

Don
    1975 R90/6, 1980 and 1982 R65, 2015 Ural Patrol, 1959 TR3A Triumph Car