Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread

New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread

Hello everyone!

My name is Niko and I'm the Community Manager here at Panjo. I am here if you need any help or have any feedback regarding the new marketplace.

What do you like about the marketplace? What do you dislike about the marketplace? What features do you think need to be added that can improve the marketplace?

I can be reached here on this thread or directly at info@panjo.com.

Sincerely,
    Niko @ Panjo Support

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    It would be nice to have a user setting to enable/disable seeing marketplace items show up as new posts according to your personal preference. Also a user preference to enable/disable seeing photos when browsing the marketplace before selecting individual items.

Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    It would be nice to have a user setting to enable/disable seeing marketplace items show up as new posts according to your personal preference. Also a user preference to enable/disable seeing photos when browsing the marketplace before selecting individual items.
    I agree with Mike. Viewing the Forum's "new posts" should (at the user's election) not include new Marketplace items.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

Hmmm...

Kurt told me yesterday that the influx of marketplace ads would slow down when Ted (and whoever might be working with him) finished moving all the old Flea Market ads into Panjo. Since posting the above earlier today, there are now no new marketplace ads showing up when I click the "New Posts" button.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

It would be nice to have a user setting to enable/disable seeing marketplace items show up as new posts according to your personal preference.
    In most cases only a forum admin can do this. I would be surprised if Panjo can change forum New Post settings.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    In most cases only a forum admin can do this. I would be surprised if Panjo can change forum New Post settings.
    I don't expect Panjo can and I do agree it is probably in the hands of the forum admin. But if enough users agree than I would expect Niko would make sure this feedback gets to the forum admin for his consideration.

I don't expect Panjo can and I do agree it is probably in the hands of the forum admin. But if enough users agree than I would expect Niko would make sure this feedback gets to the forum admin for his consideration.
    I actually like the ads showing with New Posts.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

I haven't seen a place to modify what is shown in New Posts. But even if I could, I see both sides of the issue. Some don't want to see the new ads (I'm kind of in that category) but others think it is OK as it lets them see what is going on in the Flea Market. In a way, it brings more people into the marketplace and this new feature. So I suspect there is a split agenda about which way to go.

I still think that this will slow down over time once all of the older ads are repopulated.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    I believe I could do it- but done from the forum side of things would be ugly and those who didn't want to see the ads- would not- ever
    Selective viewing on the forum is generally not easy to keep the membership satisfied with. If any of you remember our having the Oilheads forum not visible unless you were logged in created an uproar that was kinda ugly.
    Perhaps Panjo has something, but I doubt it. Sure there will been a page at a time while the old ads are brought over, you will see them on your first return when you hit new posts......but then they will be gone after the forum goes through a "refresh" time.
    Skip over them if it bugs ya, who knows though, a pass through the F/M may find just what you have been thinking about.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Which is why my suggestions were "user selectable preferences". So the user can get the look they want. While this may not be doable at the moment this is the type of user feedback that needs to get to the developers. That is how code changes over time. Users ask, highest desired features get voted in and coders are tasked to make the changes in the program.

Hey everyone,

The reason for the big influx of threads being created in the new post area is due to the porting over of existing listings to the new marketplace. This usually happens when a forum implements Panjo for the first time but should not last long. You'll notice that many of these new listings on Panjo are made by an administrator as several users have no entered the marketplace before and have not connected their accounts.

Also, thank you for pointing me to that thread. I will jump in there in a second to provide any help I can.

Sincerely,
    Niko @ Panjo

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Which is why my suggestions were "user selectable preferences". So the user can get the look they want. While this may not be doable at the moment this is the type of user feedback that needs to get to the developers. That is how code changes over time. Users ask, highest desired features get voted in and coders are tasked to make the changes in the program.
    OK, I know what what you are saying....Waaaay back when, a really talented member of the forum (from what I understand) is the person the built the old flea market. It worked good and seemed to be reasonably trouble free through the 3. series of VB. Each upgrade seemed more troublesome as the code was altered to create the old F/M.
    We seem to be getting back on track to upgrades that work as designed when we have to do an upgrade. Again, Panjo was written specifically for VB and therefore is not supposed to make an upgrade a nightmare- we were down for two weeks when we made the jump up some 6 spots to get caught up. I really doubt that the template for the user settings will be changed (if possible) for the forum.
    VB is a software package and it's setup is customizable, cracking into the code, looking for hooks, keeping track of who did what when- it ain't easy
    OM

Some light reading-
    http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....urity-Warnings
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I personally like seeing the marketplace adds when viewing new posts.

It seems pretty easy....if it doesn't interest you.... don't look.

Ken
    IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

OM, I would never condone custom programming. As a previous coder 25 years ago who used to do that I fully understand those implications and the nightmare they cause over time. I am talking about properly planned and scheduled changes in features brought about by vBulletin and their partners like Panjo.