• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread

Just saw the new marketplace. Great work.
Will my existing Panjo ads be migrated over eventually?
Or do I need to relist?

Or do I need to relist?

I'd check with Ted...he posted earlier:

MOA members will be offered help to migrate to the new system.

He should see your post and suspect he get you started.

Or do I need to relist?

We are going to work down the list of current items for sale, contact the member and ask if we can relist it for you. If we list it for you, it will show up under our MarkeplaceAdmin id with your email address as the contact. If you prefer to relist it yourself, you can do so with our thanks. Just decline or do not reply to the email when it gets to you. I'm not certain how long it will take for us to reach your ad, but we are targeting anything listed between Jan 1 and Feb 29, motorcycle first, then parts and accessory ads.

Your listing will stay active in the forum and at Panjo.com. There is no need to cancel any of the current listings. If someone buys your item from the Panjo listing, more power to you!

Ted

LOTSA HARD WORK THERE TED.............!!!!!!!!.......FOR SURE. Glad you or someone saw the light and what we needed to do. Hope this works out and is not just some adjunct "for sale" branch of another application.........Again, THANKS.......GOD BLESS......Dennis

Looked good there on the I-Phone. Appreciate the hard work and listening to the members.

Sheesh...BUD....7,000+ posts!? Wow! Are you retired? :)

Danny

Danny,

How could you tell?

But I'm not in the top 10!:wave

A few that are in the top 10 don't even post here anymore. :dance

Spring is near, post counts will slow down as we get to ride the bike more than the keyboard.

What a load of crap! I can't see what was wrong with the old Panjo. I have used it to sell several items and I thought the service was pretty good and getting better. Now the new service can't display large pictures and this map feature that pin points your exact location is totally un-necessary and an invasion of privacy. On Panjo your location was simply city and state which is all the interested buyer needs for shipping estimates. I also liked getting the new items auto e-mailed to me by Panjo.

This kind of nonsense and continuously reinventing the wheel is one more reason I will not be renewing my MOA membership. And I surely will not miss the monthly exotic travel magazine entitled Owners News!

End of rant and feel free to exclude me from the forums anytime at your convenience.

Seems to me like the issues were partly in your court

What a load of crap! I can't see what was wrong with the old Panjo. I have used it to sell several items and I thought the service was pretty good and getting better. Now the new service can't display large pictures and this map feature that pin points your exact location is totally un-necessary and an invasion of privacy. On Panjo your location was simply city and state which is all the interested buyer needs for shipping estimates. I also liked getting the new items auto e-mailed to me by Panjo.

This kind of nonsense and continuously reinventing the wheel is one more reason I will not be renewing my MOA membership. And I surely will not miss the monthly exotic travel magazine entitled Owners News!

End of rant and feel free to exclude me from the forums anytime at your convenience.

If you can't see what was wrong, then maybe you weren't looking or trying to improve it. In that case, no need to exclude you, you may have been doing that yourself. Where were your positive comments when all the negative comments were being posted? I remember seeing post after post of negative comments about Panjo, but failed to see anyone standing up for them. Kind of like voting, not a lot of room for complaining by those not casting their ballots. Maybe you posted positive reviews and I just missed them, but it sure seemed to me, and apparently to BMWMOA, the overwhelming majority of opinion was negative. Invasion of privacy? What about Panjo requiring yet another account with your personal information? I complained about that. Not sure what you're talking about on the exact location, but maybe that's because I take some digital security measures. Maybe it's because I don't know what I'm doing, but regardless, I haven't seen anyone's exact location. Just a city and state to the right side of the web page.

I remember seeing post after post of negative comments about Panjo, but failed to see anyone standing up for them

I guess you missed my positive posts. Panjo didn't. They thanked me for the positive feedback. There was a lot of successful buying and selling going on with Panjo and a lot of us liked it but you are correct that there wasn't a lot of positive feedback posted. Isn't that usually the case with human nature?

I did have a bit of confusion with Panjo having to do with how to indicate the buyer pays for shipping. I communicated this to Panjo and they responded immediately telling me they have a fix in the works and they will expedite it and sure enough it was done. I think their customer support is generally very good from my perspective and experience.

The reason I never posted my positive feelings about Panjo has a lot to do with my being unaware of the negativity being expressed toward Panjo. I just don't read all of these forums all the time. I might be retired but I'm not that bored.:wave

Why would you be excluded from the forums? :dunno

As every member, you have a right to your opinion and to express it. :thumb

Hope this isn't enough to make you want to no longer be a MOA member. :wave

If you can't see what was wrong, then maybe you weren't looking or trying to improve it. In that case, no need to exclude you, you may have been doing that yourself. Where were your positive comments when all the negative comments were being posted? I remember seeing post after post of negative comments about Panjo, but failed to see anyone standing up for them. Kind of like voting, not a lot of room for complaining by those not casting their ballots. Maybe you posted positive reviews and I just missed them, but it sure seemed to me, and apparently to BMWMOA, the overwhelming majority of opinion was negative. Invasion of privacy? What about Panjo requiring yet another account with your personal information? I complained about that. Not sure what you're talking about on the exact location, but maybe that's because I take some digital security measures. Maybe it's because I don't know what I'm doing, but regardless, I haven't seen anyone's exact location. Just a city and state to the right side of the web page.

I did have a bit of confusion with Panjo having to do with how to indicate the buyer pays for shipping. I communicated this to Panjo and they responded immediately telling me they have a fix in the works and they will expedite it and sure enough it was done. I think their customer support is generally very good from my perspective and experience.

The reason I never posted my positive feelings about Panjo has a lot to do with my being unaware of the negativity being expressed toward Panjo. I just don't read all of these forums all the time. I might be retired but I'm not that bored.:wave

Interesting aspect of forum communication I would like to capture here. It doesn't take much of an intellectual leap to tie the highlighted portions of the conversation here with many of my previous posts on unassociated threads. These two quotes, in my opinion, serve as a clear example of what happens when a preponderance of negative comments dominate and overwhelm an issue. When no one (or very few) are willing to speak up in a positive manner on issue the perception of the issue may become askewed and those who's responsibility it is to make a decision that would correct the issue may be operating off of bad Intel. After a couple of iterations of the appearance of pleasing no one, leadership may become disillusioned, and apathetic towards the issues that affect all parties concerned. They may even step down from their leadership position.

Ted being the compensate professional, working hard to fix issues for the purpose of pleasing members acts on complaints as he did in this case, fixing the problem.

Words have consequences. Sometimes not the intended consequences. Use constructive criticism where necessary, praise for positive things every chance you get, and be mindful that the MOA's mission, if you are a BMW rider, is your mission.

A lot of the time, reviewing a thread from its first page will reveal many answers :dunno
OM

These two quotes, in my opinion, serve as a clear example of what happens when a preponderance of negative comments dominate and overwhelm an issue. When no one (or very few) are willing to speak up in a positive manner on issue the perception of the issue may become askewed and those who's responsibility it is to make a decision that would correct the issue may be operating off of bad Intel.

Note, also, there are quite a few people who only come to the MOA website in order to use the marketplace, whichever flavor is running at the time. They never come to the forum to express pros/cons for the marketplace, so we'll never know the true issues/qualities that the marketplace provides. If they do come to the forum, they typically don't post because this environment is foreign to them.

For the Record

The Panjo marketplace still exists and there is no effort on our part to prevent members from using the Panjo site. There is a joint communication coming today to MOA Panjo users know that the integration with the Marketplace will be live for another 60 days. After that, Panjo will decide if there is enough activity to keep a BMW Motorcycle centric marketoplace on their website.

Panjo has some awesome features and they have been a good partner. Unfortunately, their new structure outside a vBulletin forum doesn't mesh that well with our requirements - namely, no authentication to our database for usernames and passwords, no administrative rights to their site which prevents us from helping members that do have issues and open access to the general public. Those three things are at the top of the list of "must haves" for an MOA Marketplace.

I want to point out that you do not have to enter your exact location in the new marketplace. You can enter a city and state. No street address is needed for the map feature. Secondly, you can link to larger photographs on a service like Dropbox, SmugMug or even a thread post in our own forum. The picture functionality is limited and we have already asked for some improvements to that area of the new Marketplace.

I don't think it is any secret that I was the proponent of installing Panjo and launching it. I still like what they have and believe it is a great service. However, when you start seeing posts from members recommending that people go to Craig's List, IBMWR or ADVrider to list their stuff for sale, it is counter productive to what the marketplace is trying to accomplish. At that point, you either have to give up or make a change.

Give the new Marketplace a chance. If it doesn't suit your needs, Panjo is definitely still available.

Actually I kind of tend to think that BMW owners must have a trace of masochism running in their veins. Anymore it seems to me to be the case what with all the many (mega) threads concerning major technical issues and the cost for repair particularly if one frequents a dealership. This kind of leads to a bit of general negativism that afflicts a disproportionate number of MOA members. Add to that the winter time blues and one tends to blow off a bit too much steam on these forums. This might have added to the Panjo criticisms found here and in my case I think I was a bit harsh in my post and for that I do apologize. As far as leaving the MOA is concerned I think the organization has simply changed with the times hence becoming less relevent to me. Guess that's a sure sign of getting old which I confess I am. And I am really getting sick of this never ending rain.:banghead

:thumb
They don't call it "the great north-wet" for nothing :)
"Grandfather say: "It never rain every day.".......Bladerunner
Gary

Actually I kind of tend to think that BMW owners must have a trace of masochism running in their veins. Anymore it seems to me to be the case what with all the many (mega) threads concerning major technical issues and the cost for repair particularly if one frequents a dealership. This kind of leads to a bit of general negativism that afflicts a disproportionate number of MOA members. Add to that the winter time blues and one tends to blow off a bit too much steam on these forums. This might have added to the Panjo criticisms found here and in my case I think I was a bit harsh in my post and for that I do apologize. As far as leaving the MOA is concerned I think the organization has simply changed with the times hence becoming less relevent to me. Guess that's a sure sign of getting old which I confess I am. And I am really getting sick of this never ending rain.:banghead

Don't leave Jammess. I see your interests are drinking beer, fishing and riding, in your profile; with Nobel pursuits as these, your loss would be a deficit to the MOA. I for one have the utmost respect for anyone that can use the word apologize on the forum, a rare quality indeed. Times, they are a changing, the changes should never cause one to feel excluded. I find myself saddened by the loss of any member for any reason. Don't leave sir. Your presence here is appreciated.

Note, also, there are quite a few people who only come to the MOA website in order to use the marketplace, whichever flavor is running at the time. They never come to the forum to express pros/cons for the marketplace, so we'll never know the true issues/qualities that the marketplace provides. If they do come to the forum, they typically don't post because this environment is foreign to them.

The new marketplace looks great. Thanks for your hard work, Ted. I am one of those people who come to the MOA website mainly to use the marketplace. I do look at other parts of the forum but don't post much. My hubby and I are both members and we pay our annual dues like everyone else. I was seriously thinking about letting our membership expire at the end of February because Panjo was so terrible. I had a bad experience with a buyer who I don't think was an MOA member. I started seeing ads in Panjo that did not show up in the forum, which led me to believe that non-MOA members were posting stuff for sale (there was even an ad for pure-bred dogs at one point). The last ad I posted somehow got marked as Sold and it was hung up so I couldn't tell if it was actually sold or if it was a system glitch. Luckily, I decided to give it one more year and paid our dues. Glad I did, because the new marketplace appears to be really good.

Back