• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

LED Aux lighting from BMW

Is that what you did?

I am wrestling with the main issue: with the LED headlight, which is already an improvement, do I really need aux lights for conspicuity? BMW, or Clearwater, or Denali, all are expensive. The BMW aux lights cost more, but not that much more than the others. All are over $600.00, at least the ones that fit with the Canbus system.

Harry

Harry,

Yup, took it all back and ran the lights off my PDM60, Also got the PDM on a better trigger wire so they don't stay on for 90 seconds after the bike is off.
I think, from a conspicuous standpoint, the fog lights help. I also think they illuminate the road a little better. I bought these:
<strike>http://www.banggood.com/CREE-U5-Mot...aterproof-High-Power-Spot-Light-p-941300.html
I took off all the transformer armor and used just the lights attached to the Ilium Works Light posts, off my Engine Guards. </strike>
I'll post a pic here in a bit.

Update...
After a 4 day trip, the lights are having issues. I'm going to try something from Superbrightleds.com

Last edited:
I went with the BMW aux LED lights.

These lights have a nice, flat top pattern shining on wall.

I am wondering about the proper aim of these lights - the light pattern is now set quite a bit lower than "bulb height." Where do you guys set the aim? I am sure it should be lower than bulb height, but how much lower?

thanks,

Harry

On with keyless entry, off with engine start

Anyone else notice that the BMW aux lights come in when you hit the keyless start (no green indicator on dash) and go off when engine starts. That seem exactly the opposite of the main lights.

Did they get something wrong when they flashed the Canbus?

Ron

Denali D2

I had dealer installed Denalis on a 2015 RT and I have experienced radio interference with the lights on. Nobody knows why, but changing to BMW lights.
Anybody have radio issues with any light kits?

Back