• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Coast to Coast in January Advice

You have the bike, the time, and the physical ability to make the trip. Each time I have made a trip like you are talking about, the rewards have been more than I could have imagined. If it is something you want to do, go for it.

The weather in the southeast that time of year is more predictable than other times of the year. Those pesky pop up thunderstorms that occur in the spring/summer will not be a factor for you, rainy days are less stormy, and the temps in MS,AL,GA during the day are usually pretty nice.

Hope to hear about your trip when you get back!
Ken, you were so right. Your post was what made the difference and caused me to insist on the trip, which was an event I will never forget. Thank you for the encouragement.

The head cover, motorcycle specific? Looks like it would really work well.

You have more stamina that I. Some of those days sounded pretty tough and yet your kept going on. :thumb

The head cover, motorcycle specific? Looks like it would really work well.

You have more stamina that I. Some of those days sounded pretty tough and yet your kept going on. :thumb
The head cover did work well. It's really cheap from Cycle Gear. I think $10-15.

Hands and Chest

I wish I stumbled on your thread sooner.
I would have suggested Hand Mits - the kind snow mobile riders have on their rides.
And, Gerbings Heated Gear, because that 800 doesn't have much of a full body cowling for
wind buffeting, and that can lead to body heat loss.
Excellent ride report, time to do it again!
Ride safe!

I wish I stumbled on your thread sooner.
I would have suggested Hand Mits - the kind snow mobile riders have on their rides.
And, Gerbings Heated Gear, because that 800 doesn't have much of a full body cowling for
wind buffeting, and that can lead to body heat loss.
Excellent ride report, time to do it again!
Ride safe!

Thanks! Yeah, the battery operated heated gear wasn't really up to the task.

Back