• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW European delivery??

vtbob

wanderer
Considering buying an new BMW ( maybe the R1200RS?) as i have booked a european tour. So maybe riding on my own bike might be fun.

Searching the web, It seems BMW Motorad does not offer European delivery any more? It that true?

Are their any alternatives? Up front I want to say I do NOT want to do all the details my self...but if some one knows of a more or less turn key operation were I could pick up a New US spec. bike....ride it for a month or so...and have it shipped back...that might work.

Ideas? Comments?

There is no European delivery plan any more. It went the way of the dinosaur many years ago. There are a variety of rental options that could work. Give the tread a bit of time and I am certain someone more informed on this will post.

I've shipped my 12GS to Europe twice. If you go for over a month that is less $ than renting. It really feels great to ship a brand new GS back to where it just came from.;)

There are several options. If you are comfortable getting around Europe then you can rent a bike from someone like Knopf and ride on your own. Some dealerships rent bikes. If you are not comfortable going on your own or you want to be part of a group then you can go with a tour group like Edelweiss. A group tour is more expensive but just about everything is done for you . . . including carrying your luggage. The choices are pretty open.

AFAIK if you're in the US Military stationed in Germany, you can get "European delivery" of a US-spec BMW. But, that's it.

AFAIK if you're in the US Military stationed in Germany, you can get "European delivery" of a US-spec BMW. But, that's it.

I understand that Europe-based US diplomats (or State Dept. employees generally, I don't know) are also eligible for European delivery of a US-spec bike.

I picked up two BMW cars when I was stationed in Germany. The dealership had a section for cars and a section for bikes all in the same building. I wish I had picked up a bike too.

I picked up two BMW cars when I was stationed in Germany. The dealership had a section for cars and a section for bikes all in the same building. I wish I had picked up a bike too.

I'm definitely showing my age here, stationed all of 1969 and 1970 at Reese Kaserne in Augsburg, Bavaria, Germany. I had made Buck Sergeant E-5 so my Uncle Sam shipped home both my BMW R60/2 and my wife's Volkswagen Bug at no cost to us! Exchange rate at that time was four Deutsche Marks to one US Dollar, it was like stealing the vehicles! Jawohl Arnie, es geht mir gut!

Back