• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gas threads replacing oil/tire threads as "overdone thread of choice"........

B

BUBBAZANETTI

Gas threads replacing oil/tire threads as "overdone thread of choice"........

anyway,

as you can see in my signature i've got a 99 1100s, that means single spark and a higher compression ratio than all you other 1100 guys (4 more hp yay!) with the "gas crisis" going strong, i'm thinking of switching from 93 to 89 ( or i guess 91 where i can find it) has anyone ever ran 89 in an S??? i realize this is penny pinching, but with price variations as great as 15 cents between the two thats a few bucks a week and thats another beer, an extra gallon here and there or maybe if i save up for a whole month, a new bmw brand oil filter thingy.....................

BubbaZanetti said:
anyway,

as you can see in my signature i've got a 99 1100s, that means single spark and a higher compression ratio than all you other 1100 guys (4 more hp yay!) with the "gas crisis" going strong, i'm thinking of switching from 93 to 89 ( or i guess 91 where i can find it) has anyone ever ran 89 in an S??? i realize this is penny pinching, but with price variations as great as 15 cents between the two thats a few bucks a week and thats another beer, an extra gallon here and there or maybe if i save up for a whole month, a new bmw brand oil filter thingy.....................

Think how much money you will save when they yank your license soon. Guess you will be looking for the cheap pasta for carbo loading when you get on your bicycle :bolt

K-bike

OK I know, my K bike doesn't have big jugs but it still likes 90+ octane fuel. It will run on 89 Octane just not as well. I would suggest running premium every few tanks just to help clean the injectors etc. May be old superstition but have never had to change an injector on a vehicle yet.

Try and see if you like it. May help keep the friendly officers from looking at your license also.

Good luck

Back