• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Texas Reportedly Says No Polaris Slingshots

A Slingshot passed me today on my way home from Payson. It was hauling pretty good...I was doing 75...so I didn't get a good look at it but it's sure weird looking...kinda ugly IMO. And low to the ground...I towered above it on my RT. First one I've seen in real life.
Polaris.jpg

Last week I pulled into the hotel underground parking in Montreal and what did I see?

Wish I had room for one in the garage..........Rod.

Something happened on the licensing issue as we have seen 5 in CENTEX area last week.
Saw one from the back Sunday and appeared to have a motorcycle plate.

Just read this, our legislature calls them autocycles and registered as motorcycle. No big announcement in May, as laws usually do not take effect until September anyways. Polaris must have handed out some goodies:scratch

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles...slingshot-is-now-legal-in-texas-ar169610.html

Last edited:
+1 jamesvans, that is not a motorcycle anymore than a Spyder is a motorcycle. A spyder might be less of a car than this slingshot but look at the front CAR tires. It's classified as a dune buggy in my eyes.

Something happened on the licensing issue as we have seen 5 in CENTEX area last week.
Saw one from the back Sunday and appeared to have a motorcycle plate.

Just read this, our legislature calls them autocycles and registered as motorcycle. No big announcement in May, as laws usually do not take effect until September anyways. Polaris must have handed out some goodies:scratch

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles...slingshot-is-now-legal-in-texas-ar169610.html

Probably the 5 you saw last week, and the 35+ more you will see next month all belong to members of the TX legislature. Just a coincidence. :dance

Back