• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New BMWMOA site

newr100

OK! So I am a curmudgeon. So far I do not see any real benefits to the new site. I admit to not have wading through all of the changes and information there, but it does not seem that intuitive to this old goat. I have been shopping for another bike and cannot find what replaced the old "Flea Market".
I don't know but if it isn't broke, don't fix it may apply.
I repeat, I am a curmudgeon.

Hi and welcome to the forum! Yes, there is a new website...there is an existing discussion here:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?75022-New-moa-home-page

After some time, we'll move this thread into the existing thread.

As for the Flea Market, the old one is being phased out and the new one should be here in a day or so. See this post:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?74764-Flea-Market-is-archaic!&p=963059&viewfull=1#post963059

One of the big reasons for the change was to consolidate the membership databases (the main webpage and the forum were separate) as well as make registering an easier process. There were a range of other reasons as well. There will be some growing pains as the dust settles, and hopefully things will be rolling along smoothly soon!

The one benefit I clearly see is that the site is now driven by a membership database... something that web dev volunteers recommended in a presentation made to the Board of Directors meeting in St. Louis, October 2002.

The results of such integration were illustrated in an eMOA Newletter, where one received information relevant to the types of motorcycles they owned, their style of riding, location, chartered club affiliation and other variables.

(hint... read all the way to the bottom of the linked page....)

Ian

The one benefit I clearly see is that the site is now driven by a membership database... something that web dev volunteers recommended in a presentation made to the Board of Directors meeting in St. Louis, October 2002.

The results of such integration were illustrated in an eMOA Newletter, where one received information relevant to the types of motorcycles they owned, their style of riding, location, chartered club affiliation and other variables.

Ian

It's all lost on me!:scratch Don't even try to explain Ian.:laugh On second thought how do I get me one of them personalized pages?

It's all lost on me!:scratch Don't even try to explain Ian.:laugh On second thought how do I get me one of them personalized pages?

Once you log into the site, you should see a "My Profile" button in the navigation menu at the top.

All the magic starts there. :)

Maybe soon we'll be able to enter what bikes we ride so that we can get special offers that are relevant to what we need.

Screen Shot 2014-11-13 at 5.27.09 PM.png

Ian

Is the eMOA newsletter highlighted above available now?

Once you log into the site, you should see a "My Profile" button in the navigation menu at the top.

All the magic starts there. :)

Maybe soon we'll be able to enter what bikes we ride so that we can get special offers that are relevant to what we need.

View attachment 47343

On the Home Page I do not see "My Profile" or "Sign Out" unless my cusor passes over the words. It's white text on a white background.
Looks like I need to change the skin.

New website looks nice - BUT, now I can't see pictures on the Flea Market. Maybe at home, and I'll try that, but certainly not at work. Oh, well...

Just clicked flea market, not too cool. Compared to the ease of scrolling on through the old one. Click here, click there, back and forth, back to menu, back page, couple of bikes pop up, click around, find hard parts, click, a couple things pop up, two items for sale, I guess. Change is great, hope for more.

Two cents, doesn't turn this crank. Nice pics though, nice effort. Click, click, click, click, turn it off.

On the Home Page I do not see "My Profile" or "Sign Out" unless my cusor passes over the words. It's white text on a white background.

Might be a cross-platform issue.

I always use Firefox because it's 100% standards-compliant.

Ian

On the Home Page I do not see "My Profile" or "Sign Out" unless my cursor passes over the words. It's white text on a white background.

I now have a grey background when using Firefox and IE. My Profile and Sign Out are now visible for me.

Back