• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tour through the Alps

That was just lovely, Steve. I've ridden in the Alps three times, and it was just as you present.
I particularly enjoyed your music choices; of those, the first two minutes was the best. What is that piece?

Very nicely done -

I cringe at most Go-Pro videos - tedious comes to mind. Yours was very nicely done, with an appropriate sound track, transitions ands voice overs. I rode the Alps a few years back and your video reminds me that I need to go back!

Time of trip?? Temperatures??

What were the dates of your trip? What was the temperature range while you were riding? Great video work

Very well done video and commentary with an excellent choice of music. :thumb

I could not see myself driving my Porsche Carrera there. It would be too frustrating.

This summer I did a tour with a small group of riders through the Swiss and Italian Alps. Here's a video of the highlights.https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e2vY8up-kiI&list=UUp1js4LIj-CHKMQxsfV-QcQ

Nicely done movie ..... and an unsafe pass at 6:50.
And yes, I 've done that too. It is easy to misjudge distance/speed.
I grew up there and I'm lucky enough to ride the Alps at least once a year. Nothing comes close so far .....

Was there as well in June 2014 .....here one of my vids ..... no narrative words though.
http://vimeo.com/105626309

I could not see myself driving my Porsche Carrera there. It would be too frustrating.

I could see myself driving a Porsche there. (The last thing on my bucket list is to pick up a Porsche in Zuffenhausen and drive it through the Alps.)

I went up Gro?glockner in the company of about 30 Porsches. They gave us room to pass. It was a totally fun ride. :dance

Nice video!!

I went up Grossglockner in the company of about 30 Porsches. They gave us room to pass.

Because the are tons of places and also tons of space to pass on the Grossglockner...same for the Simplon Pass. I call those two Interstates through the mountains.

But if I were on the Splugen in my 993, I think I would go nuts.

Last edited:
Back