• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

First casualty of the RTW recall

greg

Cupcake
My battery.

Over 4000 miles since picking it up in late August. I rode the bike on Oct 25th and it sat until yesterday morning. I rolled it out of the garage and hit the go button and got 1/2 a revolution before it stopped. Put the battery tender on it for less than 20 minutes and it was blinking. VOM read 12.7 volts already. Hit the button again and the same result. Use the magic wheel to find the voltage reading after the failure to start and it read 12.4 volts. Everything resets on the dash when I attempt to start it.

The battery terminals are tight but the harness goes into never never land so I couldn't find the other end to check for tight without dismantling the bike.

Off to the dealer tomorrow. Battery is covered under warranty. Maybe they can figure out why my Sirius Radio sucks so bad while they have it.

Greg

My F800GS battery died unceremoniously and premature Some lite reading Here
And....with what I am reading and experiencing, I'm thinking that these batteries are really on the edge. I say on the edge due to the size (both physical and necessary AH), price to the manufacturer and available possibilities.
I've taken the stance that it's most likely a good idea to change em' around 3 years.
YMMV
OM

Don't you never mind the screwy script contained within that link. All the "old threads" caught that "character virus" during a changeover :scratch

After being on th Battery Tender all night I was able to start it this morning and get it to the dealer. Once there it would not start again. The replacement battery has been ordered and will be at the dealer next Wednesday. Covered under warranty

Back