• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2015 Georgia Mountain Rally - Silver Celebration - All Welcome!

r100rt_mark

Club President
2015 Georgia Mountain Rally - Silver Celebration - All Welcome!

Registration for the 2015 Georgia Mountain Rally is now open.

The Georgia Mountain Rally in Hiawassee is recognized and widely acclaimed as the Southeast's premier annual rally. It provides the ideal early-season opportunity to meet old friends and make new ones while enjoying the area's renowned mountain hospitality.

The rally's range of lodging and dining options makes it an attractive and easy opportunity for riders of all interests to sample the regions's world class twisties, dual-sport options for all skill levels, and inspiring vistas - motorcycling heaven!

2015 will be the 25th time the BMW Motorcycle Club of Georgia has hosted the rally. A special Silver Celebration program will enhance the format which already attracts over 500 riders each year. Check the link below for additional information and details on how to register (check back from time to time for program updates).

Event: Georgia Mountain Rally - Silver Celebration

Timeframe: Friday May 1st 2015 to Sunday May 3rd 2015

Venue: Georgia Mountain Fairground, 1311 Music Hall Rd., Hiawassee, GA 30546 [GPS: N34 57.919 W83 46.346]

Details & Registration: http://www.bmwmcoga.org

Last edited:
Major winner takes all prizes for the 2015 “Silver Celebration” 25th Georgia Mountain Rally have been confirmed. The rally is renowned for being a great start to the riding season. These prizes, which the BMW Motorcycle Club of Georgia are supporting in association with the sponsors shown, include some specials in recognition of the event's 25th year, just make the event even more compelling in 2015.

Silver Celebration Prize - All Registered Eligible
Training for Two at sponsor BMW Performance Center’s U.S. Rider Academy. Choose from On-Road and Off-Road training, Foundational and Adventure curriculum options, 1- and 2-day courses - Value up to $3,000. www.bmwusa.com/performancecenter#motorcycle

Special Grand Prize - All Registered Eligible
Klim Latitude Riding Suit. Sponsored by BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta (Marietta, GA) www.bmwma.com

Grand Prize - All Registered Eligible
Olympia Riding Suit. Sponsored by BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta (Marietta, GA) www.bmwma.com

Early Bird Prize - All Registered and Paid Up before April 15th Eligible
Schuberth Helmet. Sponsored by BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta (Marietta, GA) www.bmwma.com

Member’s Only Prize – All BMWMCOGA Members Eligible
Gerbing’s Gear of winner’s choice up to a value of $400. Sponsored by Blue Moon Cycle (Norcoss, GA) www.bluemooncycle.com

Weekend for Two - lodging, breakfast and dinner twice - at sponsor Two Wheels of Suches Motorcycle Campground, Restaurant, Lodge and Cabins (Suches, GA) www.twowheelsofsuches.com

Weekend for Two - lodging, breakfast and dinner twice – at sponsor Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge & Resort (Stecoha, NC) www.ironhorsenc.com

In addition, Georgia Department of Driver Services will be managing a Riders Skills Test – Complete four short maneuvers successfully and win an entry into a special draw with a premium prize from sponsor BMW Motorcycles of McDonough (McDonough, GA) www.bmwmotorcyclesmcdonough.com

Last edited:
Nice!

Wow! Those are some great prizes Mark! This should be a really fun event...my wife and I are looking forward to it. We just booked our rooms at the Lake Chatuge Lodge :thumb

Cheers,

Brian

Further major winner takes all prize draws update.

ADDED
Kermit Chair Prize - All Registered Eligible
Kermit Chair with custom 25th GMR Silver Celebration embroidery from sponsor Kermit Chair Company (Nashville, TN) www.kermitchair.com

CONFIRMED
The Riders Skills Test prize is a GoPro Hero 4 action camera from sponsor BMW Motorcycles of McDonough (McDonough, GA) www.bmwmotorcyclesmcdonough.com

Thoughts on the 2015 GMR

I would have to say that this year's Georgia Mtn Rally was a rousing success. The weather was absolutely amazing!! When was the last time that you heard that about the GMR?

The comradarie was excellent, the food was good, the grounds were excellent, and there were no issues of any kind that i know of.

ok, and now the negative... mostly nitpicking on my part. Not sure what boats need to be launched in the middle of the night. (ok, ear plugs probably would have fixed that). I really wanted a t-shirt from this year's rally, but they ran out of my size.

And the last one, which i was bothered by, as were a few other 'guests'. The club decided to have THREE giveaways to members only! So we guests paid for 2 weekend trips and a Gerbings liner for club members. After the third prize was announced as members only, there was a rather pronounced booing. It just felt wrong.. like it was being rubbed in our face. Isn't enough that the club ends up with the profits from the rally?? I don't know of any other rally where this is done... certainly not for three significant prizes. (sorry guys, you dropped the ball on this one)

sdc

I would have to say that this year's Georgia Mtn Rally was a rousing success. The weather was absolutely amazing!! When was the last time that you heard that about the GMR?

The comradarie was excellent, the food was good, the grounds were excellent, and there were no issues of any kind that i know of.

ok, and now the negative... mostly nitpicking on my part. Not sure what boats need to be launched in the middle of the night. (ok, ear plugs probably would have fixed that). I really wanted a t-shirt from this year's rally, but they ran out of my size.

And the last one, which i was bothered by, as were a few other 'guests'. The club decided to have THREE giveaways to members only! So we guests paid for 2 weekend trips and a Gerbings liner for club members. After the third prize was announced as members only, there was a rather pronounced booing. It just felt wrong.. like it was being rubbed in our face. Isn't enough that the club ends up with the profits from the rally?? I don't know of any other rally where this is done... certainly not for three significant prizes. (sorry guys, you dropped the ball on this one)

sdc

Clearly stated on their web site so it should not have been a surprise.

I doubt that you paid for it. They most likely were donated by sponsors like the other prizes.

Perhaps a personal letter to the club expressing your dismay may be effective. :dunno

I agree with you that no other rally I've attended has done it that way. :scratch

There was a technical problem with the drawings... sorry you were dissatisfied.

Were you one of the people standing in line for dinner, staring at the boxes of steaks, refusing to acknowledge all the young folks enjoying the bike games? If so, please accept the apology for the ration of BS y'all received from the announcer....:rolleyes

:ha

Thanks for coming to our rally... I think.

See my Facebook conversation for additional discussion...

Ian

Well done GMR team!

Overall my wife & I thought it was a really good event. It was nicely organized (well, as any biker rally can be) with a plethora of prizes, had a lot of good folks on a variety of makes & models, and most importantly...had excellent roads to ride in perfect weather conditions. Definitely looking forward to next year!

Response from GMR Rallymeister

As the Rallymeister, I thank all that participated. I hope that everyone had an enjoyable weekend. We set an ambitious schedule for the attendees with some hard choices for each rider to make in terms of what to do. All in all I think it was a good rally. I do have some lessons learned.

In response to the members only prizes, Membership has its privileges. I made a decision based upon others suggestions. I would strongly suggest that you look at becoming a member of the Georgia Club at BMWMCOGA.org. Attendees paid nothing towards these prizes and were donated by campgrounds we regularly support. However, I will review this situation prior to next years rally. We were simply looking for ways to 'grow our club'.

I myself am a member of other clubs so the notion of joining other clubs is a natural progression for me. I am working on some programs that may encourage riders to join multiple clubs.

Thank you for the comments and look forward to seeing you on the road or at the next rally.

Don Loudermilk
K1300S

Back