• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Where is the Maintenance Schedule for 2014 RT

topspin

The Owner Manual does not seem to have a schedule, nor list the items that should be checked or replaced during maintenance intervals.

Is that documented anywhere?

Welcome to the forum, topspin! Earlier this year, there was a similar discussion:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?72035-14-RT-Service-Intervals

In that thread, Gary provide a link to A&S Cycles which published maintenance schedules for a range of models:

http://www.ascycles.com/bmw_motorcycle_service_and_maintenance_schedules.aspx

As it happens, that link was also included in this thread...see the General Maintenance section:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?47142-Resources-and-Links

Great info!

Just wanted to say thank you for this post and the replies with links. This is very helpful! :clap

While I'm new to the world of "R" bikes, having just got a 2014 RT last week, switching from a K1200LT, a question. Although it says R1200GS, am I right that the same would be for the R1200RT since it's a wethead too?

BMW has changed from publishing generic service schedules to tailoring schedules for each bike. When you visit a dealer they plug your VIN, mileage, and date of last service into their computer and it spits out a "things to do this service" for your bike. That's why the google doc has specific next service info... it was prepared for a specific bike on a specific date. The items may vary with time as well as with mileage.

That said, the google doc is close to what you want. The one difference I can think of off hand is that after the 6K brake fluid flush you should flush every 2 years, not necessarily at 6K, 18K, 30K, etc. I don't know if/when BMW thinks you should flush the cooling system.

Brake fluid changes, front and rear, are: initially after one year, then every two years thereafter. It is time-based, not mileage-based.

I'm going by either every 6000 mi or one year for oil, valve check every 12,000 mi and plugs. Just had my 12,000 on my 2016.

Back