• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Glove fitting

story

Ok so I'm doing a little online complaining here.
Part of it is my fault. When you have hands the size of catchers mitts it's hard to find something that fits.
I can just about forget about finding anything in a store that will come close to fitting.
I was hoping that I would be able to find a good pair of summer gloves at the rally in St. Paul. No such luck.
I was able to find a cheep pair I could get on. Cheep is better then nothing at all.

For winter gloves, after several tries I got a pair of Cortech 3XL that fit, when it gets really cold
I switch to a pair of Yellow Knife lobster style mittens, again in the largest size they make.

11064_2hands.jpg

According to all the size charts I should be an 11 as my hand measures just under 11" around the knuckles.
Wrong. Anything under a 12 is too small.
What really sucks is finding a pair of utility gloves for normal work ware is all but impossible.

Lee Parks 3X deerskin is slightly large for me, but very comfortable. The 2X is a bit small.

And Lee Parks deerskins, also Aerostich's, stretch-to-fit very nicely. You want good gloves to fit a bit snug when new so they can stretch to fit your hands (in my experience)

pete

Back