• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Glarus 2015

manicmechanic

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW
Yes, it's mid-October, but it is time to plan for the annual New Glarus gathering during the Season of Poor Riding. Yes, it's in January, In Wisconsin, in Winter. Dates of January 30,31,Feb 1, at the Chalet Landhaus in New Glarus. All the usual plans are in effect, but the knitting ladies will be there the preceding week. There are things to do, places to go and see, food to eat, beer and wine to drink. It is for those of us who suffer from PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome) but who also miss the company and camaraderie of fellow riders. There is a fireplace in the lobby, a heated indoor pool and hot tub, food is available, and other things to do.

So if you need a small weekend get-away, give this a try.

Yes, it's mid-October, but it is time to plan for the annual New Glarus gathering during the Season of Poor Riding. Yes, it's in January, In Wisconsin, in Winter. Dates of January 30,31,Feb 1, at the Chalet Landhaus in New Glarus. All the usual plans are in effect, but the knitting ladies will be there the preceding week. There are things to do, places to go and see, food to eat, beer and wine to drink. It is for those of us who suffer from PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome) but who also miss the company and camaraderie of fellow riders. There is a fireplace in the lobby, a heated indoor pool and hot tub, food is available, and other things to do.

So if you need a small weekend get-away, give this a try.

I'm going to try and make it, maybe even bring my wife.

I'm still planning on coming and it looks like Tina's chemo schedule will work out so that she can come as well.

F.y.i.

Just recently made our reservation and found that the Landhaus has a winter promotion. Friday and Saturday night lodging for $219.00 for two, and a $40.00 dinner voucher good at the Chalet Landhaus Retaurant or New Glarus Hotel Restaurant, which makes for a very reasonable $$ weekend getaway. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Bill

Reservations made

Susan and I are IN.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there...it's been a few years since I've been back to New Glarus.

We just need Viki and CJack to teach us how to polka...

Tom VH and I will be there as well.

A group of us have rented a house a few blocks down from the Landhaus. We've done this before.
What's the plan for the weekend?

If the weather is decent, I wouldn't mind going to Sauk Prairie to watch the eagles. (which is not too far from Wollersheim Winery)

Looking forward to spending some time with you all. :hug

Sue

Last edited:
Well, it appears that we have about 30 folks who say they'll be in attendance for this annual gathering. So far the plan is to gather around the Chalet during the afternoon, meet and greet, then about 7-ish walk up to the Hotel New Glarus for dinner. After that is whatever people want to do. Saturday, after breakfast, is open to suggestions. The New Glarus brewery is just up the road, Wollersheim Winery is having their port wine release, those who want to check out Black Earth, or Mt. Horeb, wander through New Glarus, or whatever tickles your fancy. No real plans for Saturday dinner yet, although there is the pizza place right behind the Chalet that also has craft beers available. I'm approaching this as kinda like a rally, you show up, we hang out and socialize, or whatever you want to do. No real timetable. However, if we all will be going to dinner on Friday evening, then I should let the Hotel New Glarus know in advance how many folks are coming.

Ewww..
Out.. :laugh

The Shoe Box is in Black Earth (basically spitting distance)

I might stop by to give Roy a hug..

Let us know if you are going to be there. Mebbe we'll let you buy us one at Puempel's

That could happen!! They have delicious limburger sandwiches there, too.. :thumb

Oh Man!....Limburger on dark rye , with a nice slice o'onion , mustard ,salt & pepper.....and a cold beer or three....yum,yum :eat

I think I just decided supper for tonight ! :p

Not to hijack TOO MUCH but . . . .
The Braunschweiger (home made) and Limburger (home made) with red onion and spicy brown mustard on rye @ Baumgartners in Monroe.
Really good.
:wave

You all have a good time for me.

Not to hijack TOO MUCH but . . . .
The Braunschweiger (home made) and Limburger (home made) with red onion and spicy brown mustard on rye @ Baumgartners in Monroe.
Really good.
:wave

You all have a good time for me.

And a further hijack..

Of course both places get their limburger from the same factory (which happens to be halfway between Monroe and New Glarus and is the only place in the US that commercially makes it) but I'm hoping Roy is subscribed to this because he mentioned somewhere on another forum about SMOKED limburger.. I'd love to try that!! I haven't seen it in Monroe, so maybe someone over by MKE is smoking it?

Hungry yet?? :whistle

And a further hijack..

Of course both places get their limburger from the same factory (which happens to be halfway between Monroe and New Glarus and is the only place in the US that commercially makes it) but I'm hoping Roy is subscribed to this because he mentioned somewhere on another forum about SMOKED limburger.. I'd love to try that!! I haven't seen it in Monroe, so maybe someone over by MKE is smoking it?

Hungry yet?? :whistle

Continuing the hijack ....Braunschweiger !! More Yum...deserves it's own recipe .

Two slices with a slice of American cheese, a sliced hard boiled egg, light mayo or must, on fresh bread with iceberg lettuce salt & pepper !! :dance

Continuing the hijack ....Braunschweiger !! More Yum...deserves it's own recipe .

Two slices with a slice of American cheese, a sliced hard boiled egg, light mayo or must, on fresh bread with iceberg lettuce salt & pepper !! :dance

We actually made liver sausage last weekend. It's organ meat and onion, and spices, of which I can't remember but could get in a moment's notice.. It's not a finely ground as real Brauncshauger but is pretty delicious. :thumb The help usually labels the packages "Acky Poo"..

So, what sort of activities are happening at the New Glarus gathering?

Back