• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Flea Market is archaic!

drswift

This is a big organization with major IT resources (or so we are told). Can't we get a decent Flea Market where you can do real searches and sorts? It's a wonder anybody posts stuff to sell. The buyers can find what they want or need. This is pretty simple if other clubs and organizations much smaller can have a decent, searchable classified section. Move it back to the forum if that's what's needed. :banghead

Dave -

You're not alone in your feelings. But to say we have major IT resources might be a bit of a stretch! :whistle Anyway, there have been a variety of posts in various places about the Flea Market and the things that it doesn't do. The main office has said that another version of the flea market is coming...I think it was even announced in the ON several months back. The "huge" IT department is busy working some other membership issues and the new flea market should follow pretty quickly.

The "huge" IT department is busy working some other membership issues and the new flea market should follow pretty quickly.
Yeah, the guy is flat out :whistle
I realize that asking the Members for patience is ridiculous at this point but all the issues are being worked on.
OM

Yeah, the guy is flat out :whistle
I realize that asking the Members for patience is ridiculous at this point but all the issues are being worked on.
OM

Well. I lieu of that patience thing...Perhaps the "RULES" can be loosened and open up a new area until the problem(s) are rectified.
Or just let the members conduct their business here.

Well. I lieu of that patience thing...Perhaps the "RULES" can be loosened and open up a new area until the problem(s) are rectified.
Or just let the members conduct their business here.
Sena Bluetooth has been the only one really utilizing the new changes that we have tried while we wait for "flea market" repairs Jim.
See if a write-up on your operation like Sena has done will get you by.
OM

That said, conducting "regular" FM business in Member Ops is not what we have in mind in terms of the "Rules" being loosened. Member Ops let's people offer items to members in a way that doesn't mean taking out an Owners color ad but want to contact members directly via the forum.

That said, conducting "regular" FM business in Member Ops is not what we have in mind in terms of the "Rules" being loosened. Member Ops let's people offer items to members in a way that doesn't mean taking out an Owners color ad but want to contact members directly via the forum.

We get that... All I mean is for now... if a gal or guy is selling a pair of gloves or any gear just let them post it there. Really a non issue for a temp fix to a bad situation...
When marketplace is "fixed" go back to that... For now let them sell their items here.

Besides... Isn't...

Forum: Opportunities - Members and Vendors
Posts about events, products and services of interest because they have to do with BMW, motorcycles or BMW MOA members.

...The name of the forum?
Just let people put their stuff for sale there until the new marketplace is in fact, in place and operational...

You guys really make it harder than it needs to be...

Sorry, I don't see where someone that is trying to sell their used riding suit is an "event, product, or service".

As a reference to the past, we tried an interim Flea Market inside the forum. It wasn't universally accepted as the thing to do. It seems that many of the members who use the Flea Market are not really frequent forum users. So, it's not likely we'll try something inside the forum again.

Sorry, I don't see where someone that is trying to sell their used riding suit is an "event, product, or service".

I'm also sorry we are faced w/ a unique situation that is consistently met w/ push back.
It also says having to do w/ MOA Members... Of which I thought were always looking to spread goodwill.

Obviously not.
Again. Harder than it needs to be... :banghead
You can get back to your doughnut now... This has once again proven to be a dead horse topic.

I thought it was just me. I'm trying to find a new-to-me bike and don't feel like browsing to find it.

Maybe you can put "Under Construction" or some other caveat on the page until it gets fixed.

I thought it was just me. I'm trying to find a new-to-me bike and don't feel like browsing to find it.

Maybe you can put "Under Construction" or some other caveat on the page until it gets fixed.

I like that idea!

"We", meaning our overworked staff of one, is working on it, but it's lots more complicated than it looks.

Thank you to the vast majority who are exercising patience in this.

Voni

I have a "FIX"!
Go to ADVRider.com to buy or sell whatever you have. It is the best place anyway. IT WORKS!

Sent from my GT-P5210

I have a "FIX"!
Go to ADVRider.com to buy or sell whatever you have. It is the best place anyway. IT WORKS!
Sent from my GT-P5210

+1, Gunny; it's a sad truth, our MOA Forum Flea Market is a total joke! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

Just use this forum until it's fixed...

Non issue.

It is and has always been the Moderator's position that the Member Opportunities forum, to which the link above references, is not for use to buy/sell/trade motorcycle equipment. The Flea Market is like a craigslist, etc., for selling a motorcycle, or looking for a riding suit. Member Opportunites instead has the following basic intention:

The goal here is to continue to allow members who want to promote a small business venture (product or service) they have to benefit other MOA members and/or to see if an idea might be good enough to move to a different business model with advertising, etc.

So please, don't use the Member Opportunity area for any other purpose. Otherwise, the Moderators will be forced to delete those posts.

There have been several indications over the past few months, here on the forum as well as in the ON, that a new flea market tool is coming. It's not here yet, but it will be soon. I'm sorry that the current Flea Market doesn't work, but it is outside the touch of the forum...it is its own entity. It will be that way in the future. So, please wait until you see that new feature.

Thanks...

It is and has always been the Moderator's position that the Member Opportunities forum, to which the link above references, is not for use to buy/sell/trade motorcycle equipment. The Flea Market is like a craigslist, etc., for selling a motorcycle, or looking for a riding suit. Member Opportunites instead has the following basic intention:

So please, don't use the Member Opportunity area for any other purpose. Otherwise, the Moderators will be forced to delete those posts.

There have been several indications over the past few months, here on the forum as well as in the ON, that a new flea market tool is coming. It's not here yet, but it will be soon. I'm sorry that the current Flea Market doesn't work, but it is outside the touch of the forum...it is its own entity. It will be that way in the future. So, please wait until you see that new feature.

Thanks...

Once again Folks, if you need to sell something or anything BMW until our MOA Forum gets its act together, use the Adventure Rider Flea Market to sell Bikes, Parts, Gear, Equipment and anything else you need to buy or sell in the Beemer World! Papa Chuy Viejo guarantees you, it does WORK over there! JSNS! http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

It is and has always been the Moderator's position that the Member Opportunities forum, to which the link above references, is not for use to buy/sell/trade motorcycle equipment. The Flea Market is like a craigslist, etc., for selling a motorcycle, or looking for a riding suit.

That is well understood while the the flea market was operational. It's not operational. Yes. It is a separate entity. But it's not working.
Is it not accessed on the MOA site? It's not on FaceBook or instagram where all the cool kids are... (Right I.S.?)
Why not cut the members some slack until it is in place and functional.
Then revert back to the original intention.

This also raises another point.
What is this "moderators position"? Dictating or policing? I would hope it would be facilitator instead of the aforementioned.

...and I don't wanna hear about how overworked everyone is... I've asked to help and have been ignored.
I've said it once if not a hunnerd times... Volunteers should never complain.

Open the damn gate and let them sell their crap until the flea market is fixed. Done, Fini. Easypeasy... What ever else ya wanna call it. Sheesh.

That is well understood while the the flea market was operational. It's not operational. Yes. It is a separate entity. But it's not working.
Is it not accessed on the MOA site? It's not on FaceBook or instagram where all the cool kids are... (Right I.S.?)
Why not cut the members some slack until it is in place and functional.
Then revert back to the original intention.

The MOA site and the forum are separate sites/URLs. The Flea Market just happens to be another URL...it can be accessed directly as opposed to going to either the MOA or forum first. We already tried an inside-forum flea market a year or more ago when the flea market that proceeded the current one wasn't available. While that had some functionality, it was not universally accepted. So, that approach will not be used again as far as I know.

This also raises another point.
What is this "moderators position"? Dictating or policing? I would hope it would be facilitator instead of the aforementioned.

The position is neither dictating or policing. There are posting guidelines which are posted under the FAQs for all to read. It is the moderator's "charge" to maintain the actions in the forum as the guidelines in the FAQs provide.

...and I don't wanna hear about how overworked everyone is... I've asked to help and have been ignored.
I've said it once if not a hunnerd times... Volunteers should never complain.

Open the damn gate and let them sell their crap until the flea market is fixed. Done, Fini. Easypeasy... What ever else ya wanna call it. Sheesh.

No complaining from our side. Another classified feature is coming. It would be best all around to wait for that. Everyone seems to have been patient so far...I recommend remaining patient for just a little more time. I think it would be more disruptive to try something for a day or two, have all new ads entered into an intermediate area, only to have to have those ads re-entered a few days later in the new flea market.

I understand that the flea market is less than optimum. The message part doesn't work...or work as it should. Knowing that, people should include their phone number and/or direct email address in their ad. That way contact can be made outside the flea market itself. Searching for stuff is haphazard at best...not much that can be done about that. It can be manually reviewed...painful I can agree. The flea market doesn't work as intended. But another flea market is coming. That's really where things stand.

Back