• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Max BMW service in S. Windsor CT

CANADIANSTEVE

Go Leafs Go
Anyone have experience with the service dept. at this shop ? After 14 years of service at Max New Hampshire I get an e-mail saying they will no longer pick up my 92 RS here in CT. Sure, I can bring it to New Hampshire myself, but that's not an option for me. Razee in RI also services BMW, not sure about the older airheads, though I have had them do tires over the years. Thanks.
Steve

Razee in RI

Every experience I've had with Razee has been excellent, from a flat tire repair after closing on a Saturday afternoon (they stayed open until I could get there) to their parts department advice. Good luck and welcome to CT (I'm in Essex). Charlie

Thanx for the welcome ... maybe I need to get my trailer set up as motorcycle carrier ... don't think Razee picks up !!!
Steve

When I picked up my bike from them they told me they would pick up my bike for service. I didn't use it but IIRC they said they had a per mile charge that I don't remember and a minimum of 25 miles.

I wound up driving the bike and the service seemed fine to me.

I haven't had my bike serviced at the Max New Windor shop, but I have had it serviced by Max in Brookfield/Danbury.
They are excellent, and there are techs there that really know the old bikes. They also have a pick up service that is often free in the winter season. For me, even when I pay for pickup or delivery- it's cheaper than me taking the time to ride/or trailer there and get a ride home. I'm in NY, an hour drive from Danbury. And the Albany shop came and picked me up out on the road when I had a breakdown a couple of weeks ago on the way to a weekend rally. I've had great service from them for several years now.

Kat
1974 R75/6

Back