• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I phone insanity

henzilla

not so retired
Staff member
I guess I just don't get the frenzy to be the first owners of the latest Apple phone.
Austin is a tech-head town, but geez!

Every news channel has video of folks in long lines, some for days. Here they also are getting rained on.
Can only guess that only a small portion will actually get a phone of their choice.
Instant gratification or bragging rights:scratch
Can you just order one online or am I just a :gerg as I also keep a bike more than one model year.

I just want to know if you can line up for 4-5 days for a phone, you must be unemployed, and if you are, how are you affording a brand new iPhone? Please tell me you're not wasting what precious little vacation time we all get to line up for a phone...

I guess I just don't get the frenzy to be the first owners of the latest Apple phone.
Austin is a tech-head town, but geez!

Every news channel has video of folks in long lines, some for days. Here they also are getting rained on.
Can only guess that only a small portion will actually get a phone of their choice.
Instant gratification or bragging rights:scratch
Can you just order one online or am I just a :gerg as I also keep a bike more than one model year.

I don't get it either ?! And it seems about every six months is the next new "gotta-have" model....and there they go again ?!

Course I don't get the constant communication thing either.......:dunno

I'm running 2 IP 4's that work fine. If someone does get one of the new versions, post it up and let us know what you think.
OM

Just heard on the news this morning (KNX) that the very first person to buy one (somewhere?) ... dropped it. :laugh
It survived.

I 'll bet your TV screen is not even curved.

Two of my three TV screens (including my main 35") ARE curved. Outward! They are CRTs. By the time they die, I'll be able to get an 80" 4x flat screen for $900.

:dance:dance:dance

What's cool is don't have to buy the new stuff. Someone else can buy the new stuff, prop up cutting edge development, and I can use flip phone and a paper map, for practically nothing.

Just heard on the news this morning (KNX) that the very first person to buy one (somewhere?) ... dropped it. :laugh
It survived.

Caught on tape in Australia...was on the news a few minutes ago:laugh

Helen waits for her sister to update and kindly accepts the "old" one. Two phones and a tablet . I think she has a 4 now.

I know a guy who rides a bicycle and drives a car that thinks anybody who rides a motorcycle is just being silly. He knows he has absolutely no need for such a frivalous thing as a motorcycle.

And on a similar note, how many Airhead or classic K bike riders think the new electro-whizbang bikes are frivalous.

Why do we collectively insist that anybody who isn't just like us individually, is wrong! Sheesh!!!

You can order online, the delivery on the i6 is about a week, the i6+ is 3-4 weeks. You can also order for pickup at an Apple store, but none of the i6+ models are available within 300 miles of me.

I have an i5, want the big screen model for my old eyes, and the image stabilized camera with f2.2 aperture. I held an i6 this morning at Sam's Club, it isn't different enough from the i5 to get me to buy it, besides they only had the 16GB version, and my i5 is 64GB. I want the 128GB model.

I'm not camping out in any stupid all-night lines, I'll wait my 3-4 weeks. at&t would have me wait until the end of November, but they expect payment now. Yeah right, they're on drugs.

phablet
really
another new word to learn. heck i still call it pound sign I don't care how cool you are. not that i tweet
that being said i stayed up, no i didn't i was up anyway and beat against the apple site until i got an order in for a plus
will be here thursday
idea being that this could be the end for the Pad but we shall see just how big big is
lines are not for me i get restless if i'm three deep at the grocery

Seems easier to adjust to if you think of it as a computer that you can use as a phone.
The most popular camera in the world, from what I am told, is an I-Phone.
BTW, for all you I-Phone users, there is an OS-8 update headed your way. I can recommend that you wait for it to show up in your settings to do it. Apple seems to notify users of an update in an orderly fashion so their servers don't get "slammed". And.... a fast wi-fi is really a must. Try to get one you trust rather than Micky-D's :)
OM

Why do we collectively insist that anybody who isn't just like us individually, is wrong! Sheesh!!!

In car returning from Home Depot was in right lane second in line at stop. Second in line in left lane was helmetless guy on a Harley bagger. When the person in front of him got going too slowly for his liking, he shook his head as if that person were an idiot.

Luddite is the word you are searching for. I 'll bet your TV screen is not even curved.

I remember when TV's were curved (the left and right edges) and displayed only black and white. My grandkids give me a blank look when I tell them that.

Harry

how many Airhead or classic K bike riders think the new electro-whizbang bikes are frivalous.

:gerg

I prefer to own things that I can fix without having to cut a $1000 check to a dealer each time it needs something.

But I DO appreciate the technology (as long as it belongs to someone else).

:dance:dance:dance

New iPad is rumoured to be announced on Oct 21, with the new OS X.

I have a 4 S and will likely get a six. The six plus is a little large for me as a phone. The new IOS 8 enables easy phoning from my iPad.

The 4 S is fine and I could live with it for another year, but the larger screen of the six appeals for my older eyes.

Neil TasteMoringa.com
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Phone smhone

I don't care what model of phone one buys, I'm always amazed that people are paying $80~120 per month for a phone/data plan. On top of that, their cable & internet bill is likely $80~120.

In combination, those two expenses are similar to what the median family will pay in either federal or local income taxes......... So, on one hand you get instant connectivity to blather and reality TV shows with vacuous beauties, on the other, you get civil society, transportation, public education, the common defense, etc......

Back