• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Would like to go to Barber Vintage Festival from Ontario Canada

Hi, I was thinking of going to the Barber Vintage Festival in Birmingham Alabama in October and I was looking for some accommodation's either by motel and or campground. I will be travelling from Ontario Canada, on my bike. All the camping sites are booked at the track, and I am not familiar with the area so if some members have some recommendations I would appreciate it.

Cheers,

Avoid the America's Best Value Inn at all cost. We stayed there last year and it was absolutely miserable. I would have slept better under the overpass.
The room was filthy and the beds were more like bowls.
The next morning we went for breakfast and had to make the coffee once we found the supplies. We then had to find the breakfast. After rummaging through the cabinets we found a box of donuts. The "clerk" was not pleased with us and kept giving us evil looks.

There is a Hampton right across from the entrance, check there first, but I imagine they will be full.

There are endless roads to ride between you and Barber. Among them, a US National Treasure, the Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway are right along your way. Plenty of motel and camping access along the way, and also plenty of info via parkway websites (see other threads here for links, with my apologies).

If you're looking for motels near Birmingham, I cannot help much, except than to say, however pricey it may be, I've settled into staying at Holiday Inn EXPRESS motels, and never once had anything other than quite pleasant experiences in the handful I've slept or stayed in- from Glasgow to PA, New York State, VA, or where ever. 100.00 (or slightly more) a night gets you friendly, clean and comfy, tho not much of a breakfast. I travel,a good bit, mostly for work. I used to stay at whatever the cheapest motel was... And boy have I had some really lousy experiences and nights of bad or no sleep. HIE has never once let me down. Rock solid accommodations with zero issues. Worth it for the money in my book!

I've know there's a Dreamland BBQ in Birmingham. Tho I've not eaten there, it's been recommended to me by some Southern buddies. I HAVE eaten at the original Dreamland BBQ over in Tuscaloosa. It's completely awesome.

Safe travels.
Post pix.
Cheers.

They have valet parking.......

Funny you mentioned that. I called for that reason last month, as I sort of doubted a valet would ride our bikes to park them. And of course we wouldn't allow that. They said they have a section for bikes, self park. I think they still charge for the space, but we park it.

This hotel, with parking, rate, and price of the bar, is not cheap. But money isn't a problem for any of us, and the atmosphere, good cocktails, and walkable dining is a plus.

With luck we might even make it to see our buddy race in the Thruxton series.

I have tickets to the Barber Vintage Festival I cannot use they include camping in area B and access to the Ace Cafe Corner. I paid $120 will sell for $100. they are in pdf form so I can email them to you for downloading.

Back