• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Oilheads international

The Oilheads club was the work of Steve Coburn, who died in 2006. The Olheads club wasn't exactly thriving at that point and I think there was maybe one more issue published after his death and that was it. For a long time the Oilheads material (boxes and boxes of back issues and old files) were here at my house but in 2010 we gave most of that to his widow. I still have a little bit. At the time I was pretty active in the RA and had hoped to have a regular (maybe once every three months) Oilheads column to keep the tradition going but it never turned into anything. This happened right when clubs were greatly expanding their online presence and the Oilheads simply could not keep up.

The Oilheads club was the work of Steve Coburn, who died in 2006. The Olheads club wasn't exactly thriving at that point and I think there was maybe one more issue published after his death and that was it. For a long time the Oilheads material (boxes and boxes of back issues and old files) were here at my house but in 2010 we gave most of that to his widow. I still have a little bit. At the time I was pretty active in the RA and had hoped to have a regular (maybe once every three months) Oilheads column to keep the tradition going but it never turned into anything. This happened right when clubs were greatly expanding their online presence and the Oilheads simply could not keep up.

Thank you for the reply / answer. Sorry to hear of the death.

Also sorry that the club couldn't keep going. I liked the "dedicated" aspect of it....I still have my tee shirt, wish I had not tossed the Oil-Rag copies.

I hadn't realized the International Oilheads Group had gone! I sold all my BMW's and bought the HD in 2019 but I'm not looking for a used RT as a Winter Ride.

Back